The More We Learn, the More Stupid We Become

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
It's so sad that you believe something just because it was on the news.

While I probably wouldn't wager all my pension cheques for the next year on it, I didn't believe it JUST because it was on the news, I see young kids every day (as most grandparents do) and the reason I tend to believe it is because a lot of them are fairly rotund in stature, spend a lot of time playing video games or on the computer or watching T.V. and less at physical activies. I've noticed in recent years that many newspaper deliveries are done by young adults often with a car, not like we used to do as 10-15 years old kids peddling them on our bicycle. All the news does is either coincide with or contadict what I see and hear in real life - when it coincides, YES, I tend to believe, rather than grabbing for the blinders.

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta
I see young kids every day...

Maybe a big part of your problem is that you rely too heavily on what you see and experience first hand. That, coupled with the sewage on TV, can be a deadly combination.

Why do you ASSume my dad has good genes?

kryptic

- gone insane -
Sep 24, 2009
Alberta
No there isn't. You seem to want to pick and choose what is and isn't part of society. The simple fact is, you are participating in society whether you wish to accept it or not.

You stated you weren't participating in society. That was obviously a lie. What else have you been untruthful about I wonder.

Then don't tell me to opt out if you think your just gonna set me up for a mindless run on words.

I participate in life yes, I will not participate in the 'game' then, since society has a different meaning to you.

wonder all you want, cuz that is as far as you will ever get.

Besides, what would it matter if I was lying? you will just have some snide comment accusing me of something else... lol

kryptic

- gone insane -
Sep 24, 2009
Alberta
so⋅ci⋅e⋅ty

 /səˈsaɪ
ɪ
ti/ Show Spelled Pronunciation [suh-sahy-i-tee] Show IPA noun, plural -ties, adjective Use society in a Sentence

See web results for society

See images of society

–noun 1. an organized group of persons associated together for religious, benevolent, cultural, scientific, political, patriotic, or other purposes. 2. a body of individuals living as members of a community; community. 3. the body of human beings generally, associated or viewed as members of a community: the evolution of human society.

kryptic

- gone insane -
Sep 24, 2009
Alberta
notice the use of the word, group, body etc. meaning a whole bunch, guess what.. I don't fit into the group, never have, never will, I enjoy thinking outside of the box, and on my own, so don't ASSume Cannuck, cuz well... You know what it makes you

;)

kryptic

- gone insane -
Sep 24, 2009
Alberta
and if you think I do fit a group... lol... look at the comments between us, you don't like my view, and I could care less.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Maybe a big part of your problem is that you rely too heavily on what you see and experience first hand. That, coupled with the sewage on TV, can be a deadly combination.

Why do you ASSume my dad has good genes?

I think you are the one doing the ASSuming, I said POSSIBLY.

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta
Then don't tell me to opt out if you think your just gonna set me up for a mindless run on words.

I haven't told you to opt out. I'm saying you haven't despite your claims to the contrary.

I participate in life yes, I will not participate in the 'game' then, since society has a different meaning to you.

I see...the game...Is that the same game that Microsoft, Exxon et al are playing?

kryptic

- gone insane -
Sep 24, 2009
Alberta

I got a real problem with that comment, what do you base you views on, if what you see and experience is a bad thing?

Do you have your way of thinking given to you by someone smarter and better looking?

;)

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta
and if you think I do fit a group... lol... look at the comments between us, you don't like my view, and I could care less.

I don't dislike your view. I have no personal feeling either way. I'm merely pointing out that your words and your actions are not in sync. If you really wanted to opt out of society, you wouldn't be here.

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta
I got a real problem with that comment

That's too bad.

what do you base you views on, if what you see and experience is a bad thing?

Maybe you should reread the comment. Perhaps if you understood it, you wouldn't have a "problem" with it.

Do you have your way of thinking given to you by someone smarter and better looking?

There is nobody smarter and better looking than me...at least none that I can find.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
I got a real problem with that comment, what do you base you views on, if what you see and experience is a bad thing?

;)

Don't let Cannuck get to you, he's just having some fun- he knows he can't bullsh*t me, he just won't admit it. It doesn't matter what view you present to Cannuck, he'll take the opposite one.

kryptic

- gone insane -
Sep 24, 2009
Alberta
I don't dislike your view. I have no personal feeling either way. I'm merely pointing out that your words and your actions are not in sync. If you really wanted to opt out of society, you wouldn't be here.

I don't see how the internet got into this, i'm talking society, the laws, the taxes, the screwing, the health care, the schools... everything.

The internet has no society, its for individuals... there is no law, there is no rules, there is no screwing. Best part, if I don't like it, I can turn it off, far from 'society'.

kryptic

- gone insane -
Sep 24, 2009
Alberta
That's too bad.

Maybe you should reread the comment. Perhaps if you understood it, you wouldn't have a "problem" with it.

There is nobody smarter and better looking than me...at least none that I can find.

It was understood, fully... hence the reason I picked it apart.

well... I can assure you, I am both.

:D

kryptic

- gone insane -
Sep 24, 2009
Alberta
Don't let Cannuck get to you, he's just having some fun- he knows he can't bullsh*t me, he just won't admit it. It doesn't matter what view you present to Cannuck, he'll take the opposite one.

He doesn't bother me, I find him amusing most times.

And yes... lol, I have noticed that as well, again, that's why I am often amused by his comments.

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta
The internet has no society, its for individuals... there is no law, there is no rules, there is no screwing. Best part, if I don't like it, I can turn it off, far from 'society'.

Oh really??? I double dog dare you to threaten to kill somebody over the internet.

If you are using a public computer, you are using the resources of the organization that has supplied you with the equipment. If you have a private computer, you've handed your cash to Microsoft, Apple, Exxon and a whole host of corporations that provide the equipment and technology for you to participate in the internet experience.

You have not opted out.