U.S. ambassador in Alberta to learn about oilsands

Kakato

Time Out
Jun 10, 2009
Alberta/N.W.T./Sask/B.C
And kryptic,you know the guy in the pickup sitting there watching your every move waiting for you to fu*k up when your doing reclamation?
That was me this spring,I dont have the heart to skid someones butt just because shi* flows downhill.I'll never do inspection work again,theres a reason they want you to have millions of dollars in liability,your the fall guy.

kryptic

- gone insane -
Sep 24, 2009
Alberta
Yeah, that is a crappy job to have... lol, I like sitting in the seat doing the work, its way more peaceful then that stuff... for sure.

Yeah the liability stuff sucks, I have to run it to, altho with this jack off recession, I had to quit paying it.

And kryptic,you know the guy in the pickup sitting there watching your every move waiting for you to fu*k up when your doing reclamation?
That was me this spring,I dont have the heart to skid someones butt just because shi* flows downhill.I'll never do inspection work again,theres a reason they want you to have millions of dollars in liability,your the fall guy.

Kakato

Time Out
Jun 10, 2009
Alberta/N.W.T./Sask/B.C
Yeah, that is a crappy job to have... lol, I like sitting in the seat doing the work, its way more peaceful then that stuff... for sure.

Yeah the liability stuff sucks, I have to run it to, altho with this jack off recession, I had to quit paying it.

Last guy upped me to 2 million and they checked if it was good everytime I submitted an invoice.

The operators seat is the place to be,now I just have to find one.:lol:

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
Juans going to come back with either a long cut n paste that condtradicts everything he's said so far or an insult.
Engineers are like that,the iron ring and all that.;-)

Wrong yet again Kaka.

You don't understand the technology so you try to make up for that by the number of your posts. I won't be responding to you again. Run along and play nice.

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
I'm curious..... the Athabasca oil sands incorporate boreal forest and peat bogs.... how exactley are they planning on replacing those peat bogs that they have destroyed to mine the bitumen?

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
It's a crazy world. Doing exploration I have to **** in a baggie to meet provincial or territorial regs but if I find pay dirt the D-8's and 9s come thundering in with the full love and adornment of the province or territory.

kryptic

- gone insane -
Sep 24, 2009
Alberta
Last guy upped me to 2 million and they checked if it was good everytime I submitted an invoice.

The operators seat is the place to be,now I just have to find one.:lol:

The seats are few and far between right now. I just did some bids on new leases, and I bid them low, I got slaughtered on my first one, by friggin half. Best part is, I went to see how the other outfit was doing, as of yesterday 4 days into it, they are still not done and looks like crap. They bid it for 2 LOL... hope they like losing their ass. Now just have to wait and see what happens with lease #2.

Only thing going right now is environmental stuff. I'm not sure where you are at, but check out Orphan Well. They been keeping the local contractors kinda busy around the various towns they are working at.

Kakato

Time Out
Jun 10, 2009
Alberta/N.W.T./Sask/B.C
The seats are few and far between right now. I just did some bids on new leases, and I bid them low, I got slaughtered on my first one, by friggin half. Best part is, I went to see how the other outfit was doing, as of yesterday 4 days into it, they are still not done and looks like crap. They bid it for 2 LOL... hope they like losing their ass. Now just have to wait and see what happens with lease #2.

Only thing going right now is environmental stuff. I'm not sure where you are at, but check out Orphan Well. They been keeping the local contractors kinda busy around the various towns they are working at.

Ya,everyone cut the rates now but you get what you pay for.
I meet all Orphan Wells requirements except this one.
I dont have this certificate.:-|

Alberta Partnerships in Health and Safety Certificate of Recognition (COR or SECOR)

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
I'm curious..... the Athabasca oil sands incorporate boreal forest and peat bogs.... how exactley are they planning on replacing those peat bogs that they have destroyed to mine the bitumen?

I'm bumping this.

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
what you've posted is basically feel good propaganda from the oil company's.

Peat Bogs can NOT be "put back", they take centuries to form, that is THE main reason that Burns Bog in Delta BC is a protected site. Boreal Forest have NOT been put back to original. In fact Syncrude removed a boreal forest and replaced it with grazing land. This is NOT putting things back to original.

Kakato

Time Out
Jun 10, 2009
Alberta/N.W.T./Sask/B.C
what you've posted is basically feel good propaganda from the oil company's.

Peat Bogs can NOT be "put back", they take centuries to form, that is THE main reason that Burns Bog in Delta BC is a protected site. Boreal Forest have NOT been put back to original. In fact Syncrude removed a boreal forest and replaced it with grazing land. This is NOT putting things back to original.
Go back and read the link i posted on reclamation and replanting of boreal forests in cold lake or did you miss that one?

Peat is basically topsoil in a later stage of decomposition,like I said numerous times every soil layer above the ore or clay is saved to get put back as close as possible to original.

I dont know what your trying to get at and I may work as a field rep for the big guys but i'm also the first guy they will come after for non compliance on a clean up job if i'm assigned to it.
I'm the guy that gets the fine and mega ****,if you think im going to protect them well sorry but that doesnt happen.
You do realize all inspectors of their work are private contractors and government right?
They dont work for the energy outfits,and they dont pull favours because that would put you out of business in a week.

Reclamation is allways farmed out to about three different partys so the oil company isnt involved and impartial because guys like you that think every guy who works the patch is paid off by them,sorry but that's not the case.

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
Go back and read the link i posted on reclamation and replanting of boreal forests in cold lake or did you miss that one?

Peat is basically topsoil in a later stage of decomposition,like I said numerous times every soil layer above the ore or clay is saved to get put back as close as possible to original.

I dont know what your trying to get at and I may work as a field rep for the big guys but i'm also the first guy they will come after for non compliance on a clean up job if i'm assigned to it.
I'm the guy that gets the fine and mega ****,if you think im going to protect them well sorry but that doesnt happen.

Reclamation is allways farmed out to about three different partys so the oil company isnt involved and impartial because guys like you that think every guy who works the patch is paid off by them,sorry but that's not the case.

Like I said, Syncrude has stated that they replaced boreal forest with pasture, and now brags about the fact that wood buffalo use that pasture and have won many awards. Pasture is NOT boreal forest. This alone puts a lie to your claims that the land used for mining of oil sands is put back to original. It is put back to governemnt standards which ALLOW things like peat bogs and boreal forest to be replaced with pasture.

Kakato

Time Out
Jun 10, 2009
Alberta/N.W.T./Sask/B.C

It turns to coal eventually,totally organic,maybe not quite like topsoil but neverthe less it will be a coal seam,just like the topsoil that will grow the grass and make more organics and also become a coal seam.

Peat is basically lignite,marsh coal or whatever you want to call it.

Kakato

Time Out
Jun 10, 2009
Alberta/N.W.T./Sask/B.C
Like I said, Syncrude has stated that they replaced boreal forest with pasture, and now brags about the fact that wood buffalo use that pasture and have won many awards. Pasture is NOT boreal forest. This alone puts a lie to your claims that the land used for mining of oil sands is put back to original. It is put back to governemnt standards which ALLOW things like peat bogs and boreal forest to be replaced with pasture.

Close to original as possible and they do a way better job then other operations.

Kakato

Time Out
Jun 10, 2009
Alberta/N.W.T./Sask/B.C
Like I said, grazing land is NOT forest, but it is a hell of alot cheaper to do.
I think the other reclamation guy on here asked you the same thing a few times.

Exactly where did they say they replaced forest with grazing land?

Trees are cheap bud and there a lot less maintenance then maintaining a grazing land.
They did a huge replant at cold lake,where you thought there was an oilsands mine.

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
It turns to coal eventually,totally organic,maybe not quite like topsoil but neverthe less it will be a coal seam,just like the topsoil that will grow the grass and make more organics and also become a coal seam.

Peat is basically lignite,marsh coal or whatever you want to call it.

It's NOTHING like topsoil, and even though I'm ONLY a furnace installer, even I know that.