Glen Beck, The climate of Fear

Niflmir

A modern nomad
Dec 18, 2006
Leiden, the Netherlands
"Glenn Beck should prove that he didn't rape and murder that girl back in 1990."

Have you ever heard about "INNOCENT UNTIL PROVEN GUILTY"?

I'm not saying he did it, in fact I believe he didn't, but I wonder why he has never denied these allegations which have been around for so long. I find this state of affairs cuious, so I am asking Beck to prove that he did not rape and murder that girl back in 1990.

DurkaDurka

Internet Lawyer
Mar 15, 2006
Toronto
I'm not saying he did it, in fact I believe he didn't, but I wonder why he has never denied these allegations which have been around for so long. I find this state of affairs cuious, so I am asking Beck to prove that he did not rape and murder that girl back in 1990.

Jack's kinda slow, don't expect him to get it.

YukonJack

Time Out
Dec 26, 2008
Winnipeg
"I'm not saying he did it, in fact I believe he didn't, but I wonder why he has never denied these allegations which have been around for so long. I find this state of affairs cuious, so I am asking Beck to prove that he did not rape and murder that girl back in 1990."

Why dignify slur, lies and innuendoes with a response?

Niflmir

A modern nomad
Dec 18, 2006
Leiden, the Netherlands
"I'm not saying he did it, in fact I believe he didn't, but I wonder why he has never denied these allegations which have been around for so long. I find this state of affairs cuious, so I am asking Beck to prove that he did not rape and murder that girl back in 1990."

Why dignify slur, lies and innuendoes with a response?

Because there are millions of Americans who want to know--and deserve to know the truth--of whether Glen Beck raped and murdered that girl back in 1990.

YukonJack

Time Out
Dec 26, 2008
Winnipeg
"Because there are millions of Americans who want to know--and deserve to know the truth--of whether Glen Beck raped and murdered that girl back in 1990."

SO, LET THOSE WHO THINK HE DID, PROVE HE DID!!!!

The burden of proof is on the accusers/liars/liberals.

GO FOR IT!!

DurkaDurka

Internet Lawyer
Mar 15, 2006
Toronto
"Because there are millions of Americans who want to know--and deserve to know the truth--of whether Glen Beck raped and murdered that girl back in 1990."

GO FOR IT!!

Doesn't this formula follow the exact way that Glen Beck likes to start rumours, Yukon?

Tonington

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 27, 2006

GO FOR IT!!

You still aren't getting it.

parody:
–noun
1. a humorous or satirical imitation of a serious piece of literature or writing: his hilarious parody of Hamlet's soliloquy.
2. the genre of literary composition represented by such imitations.
3. a burlesque imitation of a musical composition.
4. any humorous, satirical, or burlesque imitation, as of a person, event, etc.
5. the use in the 16th century of borrowed material in a musical setting of the Mass (parody Mass).
6. a poor or feeble imitation or semblance; travesty: His acting is a parody of his past greatness.
–verb (used with object)
7. to imitate (a composition, author, etc.) for purposes of ridicule or satire.
8. to imitate poorly or feebly; travesty.

Bold emphasis mine.

satire:
–noun
1. the use of irony, sarcasm, ridicule, or the like, in exposing, denouncing, or deriding vice, folly, etc.
2. a literary composition, in verse or prose, in which human folly and vice are held up to scorn, derision, or ridicule.
3. a literary genre comprising such compositions.

Here's a final bit, connect the dots YJ.

"What I feel like saying is... Sir, prove to me that you are not working with our enemies. And I know you're not, I'm not accusing you of being an enemy, but that's the way I feel, and I think a lot of Americans will feel that way."

That is Glenn Beck talking to Muslim Congressman Keith Ellison.

It's a trademark of Beck's show. He's a sensationalist. So he's been parodied, in satirical fashion.

Alternatively, YJ's response could also be viewed as very similar to Poe's law:
Poe's Law - RationalWiki

YukonJack

Time Out
Dec 26, 2008
Winnipeg
I watch "parody", "satire", "sarcasm" about right-wing commentators/journalists about as much as their antagonists ever watch the show itself.

Here is a good bet: Those who are bashing Glen Beck have only heard about him thru the left-wing media, and never watched his show on FOXNews, because they are too cheap to subscribe to a channel that does not come free and does not spout the liberal nonsense.

Fair play? Fair treatment of news? Equal treatment and reporting of news?

Perish the thought! CNN, CBS, ABC, NBC, New York Times, Washington Post etc. etc. are the only source of news. Pity! But, then ignorance is bliss!!

Tonington

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 27, 2006
YJ,

Well, you're falling into the trap of believing it when I posted it here!

:p

Somebody else uses Beck's own style against him, and you're up in arms without realizing it's a mockery of his own style!

LMAO

YukonJack

Time Out
Dec 26, 2008
Winnipeg
It is really telling that none of the videos displayed here are from THE SOURCE: FOXNews.

If posters of videos from other networks were honest...

Never mind!

Tonington

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 27, 2006
It is really telling that none of the videos displayed here are from THE SOURCE: FOXNews.

If posters of videos from other networks were honest...

Never mind!

Beck wasn't always on Fox...Headline News, a CNN station was Beck's home before Fox. I watched his show quite a bit. I found him entertaining. He still is.

YukonJack

Time Out
Dec 26, 2008
Winnipeg
"That's what you said about Ted Kennedy, wasn't it."

Yes, but I came to terms with the fact that his constituents were and probably still are human garbage who will forgive anything for a price.

Niflmir

A modern nomad
Dec 18, 2006
Leiden, the Netherlands
This is pretty heavy stuff to blame someone for without a shred of proof. Just accusations. Glen Beck doesn't have to prove a thing, you have to prove that he did what your accusing him of doing.

Hey now. Nobody here is making accusations. This girls rape and murder case has been without conviction for a long time now. It would be wrong to speculate and wonder if Glen Beck raped and murder that girl back in 1990.

For the sake of that girl's wrongful death. We deserve to have answers.

TenPenny

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 9, 2004
Location, Location
Hey now. Nobody here is making accusations. This girls rape and murder case has been without conviction for a long time now. It would be wrong to speculate and wonder if Glen Beck raped and murder that girl back in 1990.

For the sake of that girl's wrongful death. We deserve to have answers.

I think it would all be resolved if he'd just produce his birth certificate.

Reactions: Tonington