Why I'm leaning towards a universal right to bear arms in the US.

darkbeaver
Republican
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by DanbonesView Post

jeez DB...30 mil?
that thing 'LL rip the tread plates up if you aren't careful
I recommend puting the hydraulic stabilizers off a Kabota l-45 back hoe down prior to firing
Products: L45TLB Kubota Canada Ltd. (external - login to view)

Thanks for the tip, all of that will cost 400$, Surplus Center stuff, a thirty mm chassis would be to heavy arround the house anyway.
I won't negotiate from the bottom, I honestly would feel safer with the thirty but I'm disabled so I'll have to settle for less. Stabalizers of course I'm going to order the parts monday.

Bar Sinister
No Party Affiliation
Quote: Originally Posted by MachjoView Post

Florida policeman shoots autistic man's unarmed black therapist - BBC News (external - login to view)

Too many incidents like this make it such that any person, criminal record or not, should be allowed to bear arms in the US for his own protection. Furthermore, the presumption of innocence should be equally strictly applied to any person who shoots a cop in self defence or in the defence of others.

Looks like cops in the US are out of control.

Right, nothing like giving the police a real excuse to kill anyone they don't like. If that therapist had been armed his family would be planning his funeral.

gopher
No Party Affiliation
Quote: Originally Posted by TecumsehsbonesView Post

Sounds good to me. This country was founded on shooting back at the police.

darkbeaver
Republican
Quote: Originally Posted by gopherView Post

That's a banker being tarred and feathered not a cop. There's a connection?

gopher
No Party Affiliation
Actually, it's a tax collector. Sheriffs were employed in those days to collect taxes but the Boston Tea Party put a stop to the activities of many of them.

Danbones
Free Thinker
A banker you say?
good use of cigarette and chicken byproducts IMHO
though the mayconatain list on the package should list them as in greedy ants

tax collector?
ah a bankercop
maybe along with the chicken parts a little goose might be in order too

darkbeaver
Republican
Quote: Originally Posted by gopherView Post

Actually, it's a tax collector. Sheriffs were employed in those days to collect taxes but the Boston Tea Party put a stop to the activities of many of them.

Bankers are tax collectors silly.

petros
Quote: Originally Posted by CorduroyView Post

How so?

Hype perhaps? Since you are obviously unarmed what would you do if you came home to someone in your apt? Phone 911 and have people with guns (cops) come your aid or ask for the Hazmat unit?

tay
They are trying to change the facts of what happened. That would have worked before everyone except me had cameras.......

City Manager Larry Spring Jr. said Friday that commander Emile Hollant is suspended without pay. Spring declined to give specifics about how Hollant allegedly fabricated information about Monday's shooting of Charles Kinsey by Officer Jonathan Aledda.

"He totally violated his trust from the public to protect and serve by giving misinformation to this department," North Miami Councilman Scott Galvin said at Friday's news conference. "He not only jeopardized Mr. Kinsey's life and the life of his client but he jeopardized the life of every police officer who serves this city."

Hilton Napoleon, Kinsey's attorney, said he was disturbed by Friday's development.

"The fact that they were trying to cover this up initially is a huge problem," Napoleon said.

Aledda has been placed on paid administrative leave while the shooting is investigated. He is a four-year veteran and a member of the city's SWAT team.

North Miami Police Officer Identified, Commander Suspended After Shooting | NBC 6 South Florida (external - login to view)

Remington1
The problem with 'the freedom to pack' is that this 2nd amendment has to include 'everybody'. The olden days of old white guys owing guns are gone; and by not ever have put any sortsof control on weapons; life happened, and demographics changed.I would think most agree that a lot of young minorities in city gangs; making a living selling drugs make up a large segment of gun owners, and will get much much higher? Many countries in the world see this 2nd US amendment freedom as just weird and incomprehensible, because to me anyway, guns take 'away' freedom. I need to trust the person living next door or the person sitting across from me on the subway, enough to not have to be concealing a gun.

JLM
No Party Affiliation
Quote: Originally Posted by Curious CdnView Post

Soooo ..... everyone should be armed so that they can shoot back at the police? ...

I think, perhaps, a codicil would be in order!

tay
Two Months Before Charles Kinsey Shooting, Chief Resigned and North Miami Police Failed State Test

http://www.miaminewtimes.com/news/two-months-before-charles-kinsey-shooting-chief-resigned-and-north-miami-police-failed-state-test-8620562 (external - login to view)

WLDB
No Party Affiliation

Florida policeman shoots autistic man's unarmed black therapist - BBC News (external - login to view)

Too many incidents like this make it such that any person, criminal record or not, should be allowed to bear arms in the US for his own protection. Furthermore, the presumption of innocence should be equally strictly applied to any person who shoots a cop in self defence or in the defence of others.

Given that you are Canadian what difference does it make what you think on the issue?

Sounds good to me. This country was founded on shooting back at the police.

Ha, I hadnt thought of that. Its true.

gopher
No Party Affiliation
Quote: Originally Posted by darkbeaverView Post

Bankers are tax collectors silly.

if so then they should get the same treatment those thieves did in that old picture

darkbeaver
Republican
+1
Which old picture? Why be so cryptic? I/m a harmless eccentic, I jhave a certificate.

I get a penshun cuz I'crazy.

gopher
No Party Affiliation
Quote:

cuz I'crazy

we nu dat uh long time 'go

taxslave
No Party Affiliation
Quote: Originally Posted by mentalflossView Post

Maybe.

But it's democracy which can lead to them achieving their goal, not some exclusive form of freedom.

Anyway, I'm all for responsible authority, but that needs to happen from top down.

Toronto is a good example where we elected a good mayor (this time) who made sure that the new police chief would enforce that kind of responsibility.

Toronto had a good mayor but he died.

JLM
No Party Affiliation
Quote: Originally Posted by taxslaveView Post

Toronto had a good mayor but he died.

Was there a little controversy about that?

spaminator
+1
Black therapist shot while protecting autistic man sues cop
The Associated Press
First posted: Thursday, August 04, 2016 10:38 PM EDT | Updated: Thursday, August 04, 2016 11:43 PM EDT
MIAMI -- An unarmed black therapist is suing the Florida police officer who shot him while he tried to protect his autistic client.
The Miami Herald (external - login to view) reports Charles Kinsey filed a federal lawsuit Thursday against North Miami officer Jonathan Aledda, accusing him and other officers of using excessive force and false arrest.
The 47-year-old Kinsey is seeking unspecified damages. Aledda shot Kinsey in the leg July 18 as he lay in the street next to his 27-year-old client. Arnaldo Rios had walked away from the group home where he lives. Kinsey was trying to coax him back when a woman called 911 saying a suicidal man was walking down the street with a gun. Rios was actually carrying his toy truck.
A cellphone video captured events leading up to the shooting.
Healthcare professional Charles Kinsey, shot by a North Miami police officer on July 18 while trying to protect an autistic patient, makes his first public appearance in Aventura, Fla., Thursday, July 28, 2016. Kinsey, an unarmed black therapist who was shot in the leg by police last week while protecting his severely autistic client, said he had a joyful reunion Thursday with the man who remains hospitalized because of emotional trauma. (Carl Juste/Miami Herald via AP)

Black therapist shot while protecting autistic man sues cop | World | News | Tor

Machjo
+1
Message from the NRA: You could have defended yourself against the officer to prevent him from shooting you had you been properly armed.

Bar Sinister
No Party Affiliation

Canada's about safe. America's about free.

Actually is appears that America is about stupid. Canada is about common sense.

I don't know. All I know is the next time we go to the US, the whole family will be packing heat.

Right - I'll expect we will read about you being arrested as a terrorist for smuggling arms into the US.

Tecumsehsbones
Quote: Originally Posted by Bar SinisterView Post

And every year there's 33,000 less of us due to guns. Why doesn't this make you happy? You've made your opinion of Americans quite clear.

Machjo
Quote: Originally Posted by Bar SinisterView Post

Right - I'll expect we will read about you being arrested as a terrorist for smuggling arms into the US.

No worries. We'll get the NRA to cover our legal expenses: I'm white and my wife is a woman, and neither of us profess Islam or is Middle Eastern.

The NRA will see us as perfect spokespersons for their social awareness campaigns.

And depending on how the arrest goes down, we might legally shoot back in self defence.

I already have a strategy. If I can't get a clear shot of the cop, I'll drop to the ground, shoot once in the air, yell terrorist, plug my ears for the next 20-30 minutes as all hell breaks loose around me, wait another few minutes after the firefight until the dust clears, and when the Navy SEALS come to clear the scene, I'll just say I heard someone yell terrorist and we all shot at the terrorists dressed in blue, and that's all I know.

We'll be hero's, might even get to meet the President for our bravery.

tay
Here's some videos of the Police taking down white folk......accidentally of course...

https://youtu.be/r3UzjfYMfUw?t=20 (external - login to view)

Bar Sinister
No Party Affiliation
+1

And every year there's 33,000 less of us due to guns. Why doesn't this make you happy? You've made your opinion of Americans quite clear.

I quite like Americans. I traveled in almost every US state and it is a wonderful country. I do, however, object to certain policies of the US government as do many American citizens; yourself included no doubt.

tay
Well that was a quick decision. Guess they couldn't find a way to squirm out of the obvious.........

A North Miami police officer who shot the caretaker of a man with autism last summer has been charged with attempted manslaughter, according to officials.

On Wednesday, the Florida State Attorney's Office announced charges for North Miami Police Officer Jonathan Aledda for the July 18, 2016, shooting of behavioral therapist Charles Kinsey, who was unarmed.

Initial 911 calls described a "possibly suicidal" man with a "silver weapon in his hand," and officers with the North Miami Police Department were dispatched to the scene, according to a press release from the state attorney's office.

The man described in the call was a resident of the Miami Achievement Center for the Developmentally Disabled, according to the release. After the resident left the center, Kinsey closely followed him in "an attempt to return him from the street back into the facility," the release reads. The man was holding a silver toy tanker truck in his hand, according to the release.

Aledda fired three shots, one of which struck Kinsey. At 152 feet away, Aledda was "not in the position to correctly assess the situation or in a position to accurately fire," the release states. Two other police officers "were within 20 feet of the situation" when he fired.

In addition to the attempted manslaughter charge, a third-degree felony, Aledda is being charged with culpable negligence, a first-degree misdemeanor.

A video of the incident before Aledda fired shows the man with autism sitting on the ground and, lying next to him, Kinsey holding his arms in the air.

North Miami police officer charged in July 2016 shooting of caretaker of man with autism - ABC News (external - login to view)

Curious Cdn
Conservative

I love the United States.

The main problem is that it's full of Americans.

B00Mer
No Party Affiliation

We already have Concealed Carry Permits in Canada.. you have to jump through hoops and get a letter from your local police.. but it's possible.

It's discretion of the Provincial CFOs. (Chief Firearms Officer) and you need to meet certain criteria to get your ATC in Canada.

Three general criteria that have been put in place:

-the life of the applicant must be in imminent danger

-police protection is not sufficient in the circumstances

-the individual has successfully completed training in firearms proficiency

https://www.facebook.com/ConcealedCarryInCanada/ (external - login to view)

no new posts