Why I'm leaning towards a universal right to bear arms in the US.

Corduroy

Senate Member
Feb 9, 2011
Vancouver, BC
They keep telling us the point of the second amendment is to fight back against tyranny. Is tyranny when the state arbitrarily murders innocent non-violent, nonthreatening people with impunity? Or is it when the state won't let your cow eat grass on public land?

Machjo

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 19, 2004
Ottawa, ON
They keep telling us the point of the second amendment is to fight back against tyranny. Is tyranny when the state arbitrarily murders innocent non-violent, nonthreatening people with impunity? Or is it when the state won't let your cow eat grass on public land?

I don't know. All I know is the next time we go to the US, the whole family will be packing heat.

Besides, even the NRA agrees that the more people carry guns, the less crime there will be. I presume this applies to cop crimes too?

Why's the NRA so quiet recently?

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
Why's the NRA so quiet recently?

Because Trump is doing a fine job all by himself.

Blaming the state for the crimes of individual police officers is taking the onus off those departments who need to clean up their acts.

Machjo

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 19, 2004
Ottawa, ON
Because Trump is doing a fine job all by himself.

Blaming the state for the crimes of individual police officers is taking the onus off those departments who need to clean up their acts.

Wouldn't arming every man, woman and child with a firearm or a robot bomb provide those departments with the right motivation, especially when everyone draws their pistol ready to shoot the moment they see a police uniform?

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
Florida policeman shoots autistic man's unarmed black therapist - BBC News

Too many incidents like this make it such that any person, criminal record or not, should be allowed to bear arms in the US for his own protection. Furthermore, the presumption of innocence should be equally strictly applied to any person who shoots a cop in self defence or in the defence of others.

Looks like cops in the US are out of control.

This gun thing reminds me so much of old yankee dusters the women packed little purse pistols every body carried weapons and it worked they became an Empire I'v heard. It contributed muchly in laying down the foundations, it won't be the same without guns.The western Police have been radicalized, clearly. movies, TV preachers

In to many cases the police fail to read the crime scene correctly, they're pumped for securing and neutralizing then reading, it's backwards, too many times. You can see it, which serves a purpose as well. Innovation

I think it's time Canadians had the right to bear arms, I know their our frends but they got this ego thing sometimes. If we were armed somewhat similarly we mutually could avoid nasty accidental even bissiness.

Because of my age and disability I'm allowed to have a treadchair which mounts a 30mm rapid fire, the disabled have the right to protect themselves. We can negotiate about the calibre and the horsepower.

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
jeez DB...30 mil?
that thing 'LL rip the tread plates up if you aren't careful
might even cause cart wheels
I recommend puting the hydraulic stabilizers off a Kabota l-45 back hoe down prior to firing
Products: L45TLB Kubota Canada Ltd.

at least wear a safety tuque with earbuds

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
jeez DB...30 mil?
that thing 'LL rip the tread plates up if you aren't careful
I recommend puting the hydraulic stabilizers off a Kabota l-45 back hoe down prior to firing
Products: L45TLB Kubota Canada Ltd.

Thanks for the tip, all of that will cost 400$, Surplus Center stuff, a thirty mm chassis would be to heavy arround the house anyway.
I won't negotiate from the bottom, I honestly would feel safer with the thirty but I'm disabled so I'll have to settle for less. Stabalizers of course I'm going to order the parts monday.

Bar Sinister

Executive Branch Member
Jan 17, 2010
Edmonton
Florida policeman shoots autistic man's unarmed black therapist - BBC News

Too many incidents like this make it such that any person, criminal record or not, should be allowed to bear arms in the US for his own protection. Furthermore, the presumption of innocence should be equally strictly applied to any person who shoots a cop in self defence or in the defence of others.

Looks like cops in the US are out of control.

Right, nothing like giving the police a real excuse to kill anyone they don't like. If that therapist had been armed his family would be planning his funeral.

gopher

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2005
Minnesota: Gopher State
Actually, it's a tax collector. Sheriffs were employed in those days to collect taxes but the Boston Tea Party put a stop to the activities of many of them.

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
A banker you say?
good use of cigarette and chicken byproducts IMHO
though the mayconatain list on the package should list them as in greedy ants

tax collector?
ah a bankercop
maybe along with the chicken parts a little goose might be in order too

tay

Hall of Fame Member
May 20, 2012
They are trying to change the facts of what happened. That would have worked before everyone except me had cameras.......

City Manager Larry Spring Jr. said Friday that commander Emile Hollant is suspended without pay. Spring declined to give specifics about how Hollant allegedly fabricated information about Monday's shooting of Charles Kinsey by Officer Jonathan Aledda.

"He totally violated his trust from the public to protect and serve by giving misinformation to this department," North Miami Councilman Scott Galvin said at Friday's news conference. "He not only jeopardized Mr. Kinsey's life and the life of his client but he jeopardized the life of every police officer who serves this city."

Hilton Napoleon, Kinsey's attorney, said he was disturbed by Friday's development.

"The fact that they were trying to cover this up initially is a huge problem," Napoleon said.

Aledda has been placed on paid administrative leave while the shooting is investigated. He is a four-year veteran and a member of the city's SWAT team.

North Miami Police Officer Identified, Commander Suspended After Shooting | NBC 6 South Florida

Remington1

Council Member
Jan 30, 2016
The problem with 'the freedom to pack' is that this 2nd amendment has to include 'everybody'. The olden days of old white guys owing guns are gone; and by not ever have put any sortsof control on weapons; life happened, and demographics changed.I would think most agree that a lot of young minorities in city gangs; making a living selling drugs make up a large segment of gun owners, and will get much much higher? Many countries in the world see this 2nd US amendment freedom as just weird and incomprehensible, because to me anyway, guns take 'away' freedom. I need to trust the person living next door or the person sitting across from me on the subway, enough to not have to be concealing a gun.