Your honest assessment of the Canadian Alliance and Steven Harper

Omicron

Privy Council
Jul 28, 2010
Vancouver
Your buying into the opposition party lines.
There is hardly any objective proof of what your claiming, it's all coming from the opposition parties, who have a vested interest in smearing the governing party.
"Hardly any" means there's some.

Do you not count stuff like Contempt of Parliament because he wouldn't show the house what his jails-and-jets were really going to cost?

I think Harper is the best man for the job, he is not perfect, and maybe has made some mistakes, but overall, he's the best for the job until we get someone better, he'll do.

He's only *barely*, on the minimal level, tolerable if he's in minority.

The instant he get majority it's like when a minority fringe party got control of Germany with only 30% of the popular vote because the opposition was too fragmented, and one they had power the first thing they did was run around and change things to cement their hold on power because they knew they didn't have a majority of public sentiment.

Have you seen how Harper dictates absolute control within his caucus?

Get ready to have that happen all over the nation if he gets a majority.

I can already see how the social mind-controllers are going to spin this. They've already got people memed into thinking "leadership" matters more than substance. Next they'll meme people into thinking that "rulership" is better than "leadership". Then they'll meme people into thinking "dictation" (or maybe they'll call it "direction") is better than rulership.

I've been looking at Norway's way of doing things. In terms of results it's obviously *way* superior to anything happening in Canada.

Why can't Canadians do that? Is it because Norwegians are natively more intelligent than the average Canuck? Did Norway kick out all the dumb ones who ended up here, leaving the smart ones behind to operate the Norway we see today?

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
We can barely mine for information on any given topic if the entire journalistic community has a grand total of five questions per day.
That still isn't shutting down 'investigative reporting', as abhorrent as it is.

But feel free to continue to make it up as you go along.

It's funny to watch.

mentalfloss

Prickly Curmudgeon Smiter
Jun 28, 2010
That still isn't shutting down 'investigative reporting', as abhorrent as it is.

But feel free to continue to make it up as you go along.

It's funny to watch.

You need to change your name to PCBear.

(Politically Correct)

Cobalt_Kid

Council Member
Feb 3, 2007
Deserves no attention whatsoever.

Which has been the conservative party atitude to Parliament from the moment it moved into the government side of the House.

Those other members of Parliament aren't enemies of the state to be attacked or otherwise neutralized, they're the elected representatives of millions of Canadians.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
Those other members of Parliament aren't enemies of the state to be attacked or otherwise neutralized, they're the elected representatives of millions of Canadians.
Who act like 13 year old girls, fighting over a beauty pageant tiara.

Cobalt_Kid

Council Member
Feb 3, 2007
Who act like 13 year old girls, fighting over a beauty pageant tiara.

And who's fault is that, we sent them there.

Having less democracy which has been Harper's solution doesn't make the problem go away it just creates a new set of even more serious consequences in the future.

weaselwords

Electoral Member
Nov 10, 2009
salisbury's tavern
In all candor, this is Harper's fourth kick at the can, against what can be precieved for the most as the three weakest leaders of the Liberals since 1896. He sure hasn't shown much.
2004 goes up aginst a crippled Liberal party with Martin at the helm (after the internecine warfare betwenn Martin & Cretien) & the beginnings of the Adscam. What happens Martin gets a minority.
2006 again goes up against Martin. This in the full maelstrom of Adscam. The result a weak minority for Harper. Kind of a headshaker.
2008 this time Stephane Dion. Probably the weakest Liberal leader ever. The result a stronger minority but amazingly was only able to hold on by prorouging parliament for 2 months until he could get his ducks in row. All the while the rest of the world is tailing into a recession while Canada sits back & looks on.
2011 rolls around and we are to an easily beatable Iggy. Here should be Harper's longed for majority. What do we have happen. Harper turns into bubble boy taking no chances. We are now more than half way through the campaign and a majoriy looks further away than it did at the start. Last week projections had the Conservatives at a small majority with 155 seats, today as I peck this out projections have the Conservatives back in a minority position with 147 seats. Whatever Harper is doing, at least seems to me to be wrong, it looks like he'll continue to snatch "Defeat from the Jaws of Victory".

Omicron

Privy Council
Jul 28, 2010
Vancouver
Ralph Klein for PM
He'd probably be a better choice than Harper...and definitely better than Jack.

I agree he'd be better than Harper. Heck... if Ralph were party leader I'd almost not feel like we're falling back into dictatorial feudalism were the Reformacons to get a majority.

But I don't understand the mud-slinging at Jack. He's an administrator's administrator. He's the kind of guy who'd run government by the book, with minimal scandals, such that when his term was up the only thing people would have to say is, "Huh? What happened? Nothing, that's what happened. The country just ran."

Me thinks el plebos and their modern hunger for bread and circuses got passed through so many grades without actually qualifying that there be many so-called high-school grads running around with the literacy level of a third-grader thinking that "leadership" is punch-and-grunt showmanship, rather than what we really need, which is a guy at the wheel who will just steer the ship of state so we the people can bloody-well get on with our lives.

By the way, I had a meeting with native leaders today, and they told me how their contacts in Ottawa have been telling them how Harper's minority has been wondrously skillful at cutting funding here and there, but they are getting ready for a wholesale chop if Harper gets a majority, at which point Canadian society changes like Germany did under der Fuehrer.

Speaking of which, did you ever notice what the only issue Goering had about loosing WW-II was?

Goering did not worry about being morally wrong. His issue was that the only thing wrong was they got overpowered by a coalition of Russians with Brits and Americans.

He ranted about stuff like how Yankees and Brits and Russians should never have collated because how could the Brits and Americans have ever made a coalition with Bolshevik Russians.

Sounds like Colby asking how NDP and Libs could accept BQ help in a coalition against Harper's party of evil.

Anyway, we're running with a system of government that worked since 1867 but which did not get ripped out and rebuilt properly like Germany's did at the end of WW-II, such that Germany has one of the best parliamentary systems in the world now, only recently being overtaken by China as the world's greatest exporter (use your brains and figure out how little Germany could have quietly been the world's greatest exporter all these years until China came along) and now we have a system using dumb puppet voters to get into power like unto der Fuhrer in order to feed der Plutocratzia...

The native leaders are expecting everything to be cut, and they are massively wondering how they are going to keep things going,for they, unlike whites, are not unaccustomed to cruel treatment by government, such that they just figure to get ready for it, and the only thing they see is more people in jail.

Last edited:

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta
But I don't understand the mud-slinging at Jack.

Why am I not surprised. Nobody likes to admit the problems with their own guy. Jack is the nuttiest in a group of nutters. That is why his supporters say silly things like

.... if Harper gets a majority, at which point Canadian society changes like Germany did under der Fuehrer.

The surest sign that somebody is (politically speaking) intellectuality bankrupt is the need to attack others positions instead of promoting ones own. That's what elections have been about for the last few yews and Jack has taken a lead roll in this type of behavior. That is what this forum has been about for the last while. The second you draw a comparison between anybody and the Nazis, your credibility goes down faster than a crack whoore on Saturday night.