Yep, Cuba is just awesome!

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
Cuba launches its own Wikipedia - Americas - Al Jazeera English

"It consumes 25 per cent of the energy produced on the planet and in spite of its wealth, more than a third of its population does not have assured medical attention."

can't argue those facts
Thanx for proving my point. And I bet you can't even fathom how.

I thought here it was hockey players, followed by politicians, that get first in line for MRIs.
It has something to do with time constraints and scheduling.

But I hear ya.

CUBert

Time Out
Aug 15, 2010
Canada
Unless you have something more in depth, conclusive and factual then wikiality, there's not much else to go. Because Cuba is such a bastion of freedom, we hear so much from them.

yea it is, i would happily live in Cuba over the U.S

Chiliagon

Prime Minister
May 16, 2010
Spruce Grove, Alberta
I thought here it was hockey players, followed by politicians, that get first in line for MRIs.

ya I love how there's levels of class ratings when it comes to medical care.

you have money? come on down! next in line for the MRI!! (Price is right theme...)

you don't have money? sorry.. here, wait for 3-6 months.. or maybe longer!.. (price is right, did NOT win theme)

I think pro athletes should have to wait just like us.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
ya I love how there's levels of class ratings when it comes to medical care.

you have money? come on down! next in line for the MRI!! (Price is right theme...)

you don't have money? sorry.. here, wait for 3-6 months.. or maybe longer!.. (price is right, did NOT win theme)

I think pro athletes should have to wait just like us.
I bet you're against tiered medical care too?

Not any worse than Detroit :smile:
The nice thing is, you don't have to ask the Gov't if you can leave Detroit.

Another fail...

Keep'em coming, you make this too easy!

CUBert

Time Out
Aug 15, 2010
Canada
Most of the people can't afford to leave anyways, kind of similar to the poverty of many Cubans.
So again, not any worse than Detroit !

Also, American citizens also have to ask the government if they can leave the country, it's called applying for a passport, nice fail!!!!!!!!

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
Speaking of fail.

Most of the people can't afford to leave anyways, kind of similar to the poverty of many Cubans.
Are you really trying to compare economic issues with rights and freedoms?

Also, American citizens also have to ask the government if they can leave the country, it's called applying for a passport, nice fail!!!!!!!!

The passport is to return, not leave, but please, don't let facts get in the way of those delusions.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
First off, I fixed it for you. Maybe, it's up to the Gov't.

But if Cuba was all the darling anti's chalk it up to be, why would you need an exit visa?

Besides that, if he's really the criminal cubby wants us to believe he is, why wouldn't the Cuban Gov't want to get rid of him?

It's not like he's incarcerated.
That wasn't the question though was it?

If it's a matter of personal opinion, do you think Cubans might find some of our laws ridiculous?

china

Time Out
Jul 30, 2006
Ottawa ,Canada
TenPenny; [QUOTE said:
I believe that as long as you aren't on parole or other similar restrictions, Canada can't prevent you from leaving the country. But other countries don't have to let you in.
........or Canadian gov .can refuse to issue you a passport .
Having also a Polish passport, that would not "bother" me .

TenPenny

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 9, 2004
Location, Location

You don't need a passport to leave the US. You don't need a passport to leave Canada. You may need a passport to enter other countries, but you do not need a passport to leave.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
That wasn't the question though was it?
Actually, yes it is.

If you're going to try and make Cuba out to be a bastion of paradise, the laws are going to have to fit the image being portrayed.

They don't.

If it's a matter of personal opinion, do you think Cubans might find some of our laws ridiculous?
Now that's not the question. We aren't talking about the ridiculousness of laws, we're talking about imagery. The anti's keep foisting Cuba as some paradise, when in fact, it isn't. Unless you're a tourist of course.

You don't need a passport to leave the US. You don't need a passport to leave Canada. You may need a passport to enter other countries, but you do not need a passport to leave.
TP, you're confusing the issue with facts again.

TenPenny

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 9, 2004
Location, Location
Will a American or CDN or any international airline/shipline sell you a ticket if you don't have a passport?

That has nothing to do with your right to leave the country at will. It has to do with your ability to enter your destination country, and the carrier's obligation to bring you home on their dime if you are refused entry. The two things are not the same.

Question for you: the last time you drove or walked to the US, did you get stopped by Canadian border agents before you left the country, to check for your exit papers?

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Now that's not the question. We aren't talking about the ridiculousness of laws, we're talking about imagery. The anti's keep foisting Cuba as some paradise, when in fact, it isn't. Unless you're a tourist of course.
Have you or I lived there to make that call. Or is it just conjecture? There are plenty of things about Canada that really rub me the wrong way but I still have pride in who I am and where I'm from and no matter where you go on this planet there are billions who feel the same as I or Jose seis paque from Cuba.

china

Time Out
Jul 30, 2006
Ottawa ,Canada
TenPenny
You are correct TenPenny .
You don't need a passport to leave Canada and you don't need a passport to enter a foreign country though being equipped with one makes your travel allot more comfortable .

Ron in Regina

"Voice of the West" Party
Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan

An American can exit the USA to Canada without a Passport....they just can't
re-enter the USA from Canada without a Passport. That's the hitch.

I was in Cuba in January of 2008. I liked it. Going back again Monday.