World War II: The Holocaust

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
So did anyone actually look at the pics?

I'm not saying they're new to the internet and all but given I've seen some things man, and some stuff, and these particular photos weren't among them...I sorta figured that very few of you chumps had seen them either. :lol:

More here in the series on WWII: World War II in Photos - Alan Taylor - In Focus - The Atlantic

Just checkin'.

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
Blackmail on such a scale would mean that moral authority would need to take over
and refuse to do business. Coke, did not do business as Coke it became Fanta.
Ford was openly anti Jewish and JP Kennedy called Hitler the brightest and even
donated money to the election campaign.
The powers that be knew who was working with the Germans both during the war
and after the war. The President of Texaco had to resign for sending oil to the
Germans shipped up through Italy. They were not Blackmailed either many just
did what they did or they operated things with different names like soft drinks called
Fanta.

There was a book on the market in the Eighties and nineties called The Game of the
Foxes. It was taken from the German Intelligence Records and when found the names
the dates and the amounts paid for information and collaboration were revealed.
The book also talked about the spy missions of other groups as well, it was not an easy
read but a good read. I saw a copy on EBay not long ago for around a hundred bucks
if you have the money its one of the best books I have read in the last twenty years.

In short there is no excuse we know who did what in many cases. The Germans know
who the camp guards were, they know who the medical officials were, they know who the
office workers were and they worked for the SS killing men, women and children and
they should go to prison or at least be outed in the communities in which they live.
That includes those who moved to places like Canada. God knows what positions they
held or who's children they looked after. They hid their identities and falsified their records.
They should be stripped of citizenship and deported. It makes my skin crawl to think that
some of these people were granted the same citizenship I have, the right to be called
a Canadian, when they may have been part of a murder machine that killed millions
without conscience.

Nope its time to round them up and drive the judicial spike through their heart for the
crimes they committed without conscience. And by the way if they worked in those camps
they were only too happy to assist the SS during that period.

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
Aaaa, a Volkswagen fan eh.

Did any car companies go under during the war?

The people forget things with the passing of the years and the elderly witnesses, the holocaust should be studied by every student leaving no source unread and no science unemployed. It is certainly of paramount importance that nothing like it ever occurs again.

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
No they were all busy making war materials, GM, Ford and tanks were made by
Chrysler. In fact today, Chrysler make the AM Abrams Tanks. Nope the war
materials industry did pretty well and cars were not made in mass production
until after the war around 1946. Yes there were cars made but they were in much
smaller amounts and were subject to rations on the basis of need.

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
This is nothing short of disgusting, and to think some will say this never happened.
My father who was a soldier in WWII says it did that in itself is good enough for me.
Today I saw on television, it was this morning. on either CBC or CNN that the rules
have changed, the German Government has announced that those still alive and
that worked in a death camp, are criminals also and should be prosecuted. That
means SS Camp Guards as they were there for one purpose, or the women prison
guards of those institutions. Long overdue in my opinion. I also wonder how many
made their way here to Canada to live amongst us, and I think we should deport
them post haste. Yes even if they became Canadians, strip them of citizenship and
send them back to justice.
We have sent criminals back to Africa and to some other areas of Europe. There
should be no place for them to hide and there should be a public accounting of their
crimes. This world has a lot of unfinished business to take care of and that includes
a lot of Russian Communists who participated in the murder of another thirty million
people before, during and after the second world war.

There is a lot of injustice in the world and a lot of people should pay for their crimes,
but this is the corner stone of business left undone and it should not have taken this
long. Many are dead true, but their names and their positions in the camp should be
made public and those still alive should be hauled before the courts like a prejudgment
day as it were.
If nothing else this should be a good discussion,

Yep, it was a good thing for a lot of people to see first those who deny the holocaust and 2nd whine about the brutal conditions we have to put up with in Canada today and thirdly for those who denigrate war and maybe they will realize if it wasn't for the Allies in W.W.2 we could be in the same sort of camps today. Denying the holocaust should be a criminal offense.

relic

Council Member
Nov 29, 2009
Nova Scotia
But Stalin was on the good side,so it was ok for the Russians to rape and murder thousands of German civilians,and the millions he had killed didn't count,because they weren't jews.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
But Stalin was on the good side,so it was ok for the Russians to rape and murder thousands of German civilians,and the millions he had killed didn't count,because they weren't jews.

Ain't that the way it works in life, the good guys are seldom popular. :smile:

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
Me too.

With the exception of Darkbeaver, I'm not surprised at the absence of the Usual Suspects.

and who are the "usual" suspects?

Yep, it was a good thing for a lot of people to see first those who deny the holocaust and 2nd whine about the brutal conditions we have to put up with in Canada today and thirdly for those who denigrate war and maybe they will realize if it wasn't for the Allies in W.W.2 we could be in the same sort of camps today. Denying the holocaust should be a criminal offense.

So "denigrating war" and "whining" about injustices in the "civilized" west is a bad thing? From that I gather we should put war on a pedestal and shut the fu ck up?

Retired_Can_Soldier

The End of the Dog is Coming!
Mar 19, 2006
Alberta
and who are the "usual" suspects?

You know who they are. The ones who entertain Holocaust denial or fall silent when this is mentioned.

Yes we should have stayed out of it, that way after the Russian people and the rest of Europe was crushed by the Nazi's our conscience would be clear when they came for us.

Who do you think Hitler learned from? Stalin had his first 10 before Hitler even started in politics.

Whats your point exactly? Hitler wasn't that bad of a dude after all?

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
gerryh; So "denigrating war" and "whining" about injustices in the "civilized" west is a bad thing? From that I gather we should put war on a pedestal and shut the fu ck up?[/QUOTE said:
Sometimes you have to fight, Gerry, to protect what you have and to prevent subversion! :smile: