Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
Oh come on, you can tell.

I hate that teenage computer lingo..r u w/me no punc n spellin c-ya

Sassylassie

House Member
Jan 31, 2006
LOL Self are you talking outside the "Box". I love different Dialects, and I'd chat with you anyday on the phone. It's certain phrases that drive me bonkers, dad use to say "Lord thunderen jesus" when he got mad and it drove me up the wall.

Kreskin have you been pawned? Was it painful?

selfactivated

Time Out
Apr 11, 2006
Richmond, Virginia
LOL Sassy yes "Thinking outside the box" has been my savior LOL And Doll your welcome to ring my phone anytime I love to talk......cant ya tell? ;)

Kreskin I dont pull scabs off old wounds ;)

pwned ? is that anything like punked? Kids used to say that and Id gett irate.....not a good word.

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
pwned has something to do with declaring someone owned but it appears they may have been hit with a crowbar as they typed.

Sassylassie

House Member
Jan 31, 2006
Back at ya self, I often have chats with myself.

Pawned, I believe means that your beliefs or ethos are owned by a particular party i.e. Liberal but I could be wrong. I garner that to be pawned you are incapable of independant tought.

I can't stop sneezing, it's hard to type.

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
Back at ya self, I often have chats with myself.

Pawned, I believe means that your beliefs or ethos are owned by a particular party i.e. Liberal but I could be wrong. I garner that to be pawned you are incapable of independant tought.

I can't stop sneezing, it's hard to type.

Kind of like a Republican? Just kidding.
I really really dislike this emoticon :headbang:. Isn't he the most annoying thing on the internet?

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
Kind of like a Republican? Just kidding.
I really really dislike this emoticon :headbang:. Isn't he the most annoying thing on the internet?
Nope!

He is, lol.

L Gilbert

Winterized
Nov 30, 2006
50 acres in Kootenays BC
the-brights.net
LOL its a typo! I gotcha. I have a comp geek friend thats a juvinile delenquent and thats all him an his posey go around doing. Computer gangs who woulda thunk?
Your geek friend has a posey? Ever since I was a kid I always thought a posey was a flower, as in "ring around the rosey, a pocketful of poseys ....... "Maybe the flower is "posie"? >shrugs< Waaaaaatever.......... :D

ottawabill

Electoral Member
May 27, 2005
Eastern Ontario
pwned

A corruption of the word "Owned." This originated in an online game called Warcraft, where a map designer misspelled "owned." When the computer beat a player, it was supposed to say, so-and-so "has been owned."

Instead, it said, so-and-so "has been pwned."

It basically means "to own" or to be dominated by an opponent or situation, especially by some god-like or computer-like force.

L Gilbert

Winterized
Nov 30, 2006
50 acres in Kootenays BC
the-brights.net
Teasin', hun. ;) I think you meant "posse" as in a group or clique. My own spelling has been allowed to become atrocious periodically (as Sanctus mentioned in another thread), but sometimes clarification is needed.

Um, I can't believe no-one else jumped on my ">shrug< Waaaaaaatever" comment. I find that particular combination to be somewhat grating. Maybe I'm the only one.

selfactivated

Time Out
Apr 11, 2006
Richmond, Virginia
LOL no I'll hang up the phone on a "whatever" Ask my middle child LOL She calls back "back strocking" MOM I was just kidding geeeeeeeez! I sorry" And to a parent "Im sorry" gets OLD quick!

Thanks for the spelling :) I can take gentle critisism but people who make themselves superior welll thats a diff thread ;)