Woods' wife used golf club to free him from SUV

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
actually Taloola.... it was 31 months and it appears that it was, quite possibly, going on right up untill just a few days before the "accident".

Kakato

Time Out
Jun 10, 2009
Alberta/N.W.T./Sask/B.C
Heh Heh!

With the help of talk show writers and just plain twisted people, this list of Tiger Wood jokes has gone viral via email. In case you haven't received your copy yet, here's the latest yuks at poor Tiger's expense.

One:

Tiger Woods is so rich that he owns lots of expensive cars. Now he has a hole in one.

Two:

What's the difference between a car and a golf ball? Tiger can drive a ball 400 yards.

Three:

Tiger Woods wasn't seriously injured in the crash, but he's still below par.

Four:

What were Tiger Woods and his wife doing out at 2.30 in the morning? They went clubbing

Five:

Tiger Woods crashed into a fire hydrant and a tree. He couldn't decide between a wood and an iron.

Six:

Perhaps Tiger should be using a driver?

Seven:

This is the first time Tiger's ever failed to drive 300 yards

Eight:

Apparently, Tiger admitted this crash was the closest shave he's ever had. So Gillette has dropped his contract.

Nine:

After a wayward drive, Tiger Woods found water before nestling behind a tree

Ten:

Apparently, the only person who can beat Tiger Woods with a golf club is his wife

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
It appears there is a sleezy side to Woods as well as what a lot of people assumed was a wealthy sports gentleman.
Tiger Woods has earned something like $769,440,709.00 over his career so far. I guess it was too much to ask that he behaves like a gentleman towards his family as well. He didn't just play around with one "other woman". There were two or three or more and he bought them air fares so they could fly to wherever he was playing. Some of this was going on while his wife was pregnant. The Grubs woman kept copies of all their text messages, presumably, so she would have evidence when the time came to go after some of that money. Nice going Tiger....:roll:

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
It appears there is a sleezy side to Woods as well as what a lot of people assumed was a wealthy sports gentleman.
Tiger Woods has earned something like $769,440,709.00 over his career so far. I guess it was too much to ask that he behaves like a gentleman towards his family as well. He didn't just play around with one "other woman". There were two or three or more and he bought them air fares so they could fly to wherever he was playing. Some of this was going on while his wife was pregnant. The Grubs woman kept copies of all their text messages, presumably, so she would have evidence when the time came to go after some of that money. Nice going Tiger....:roll:

just because you're rich and famous doesn't mean you're smart.

talloola

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 14, 2006
Vancouver Island
It maybe disgusting how the media has been after this story, but had it not done its job, this would have been brushed under the carpet and kept quiet.

They can do their job in a much more classy manner, and still get the story they are
after, and 'leave' peoples families and neighbours alone.

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
just because you're rich and famous doesn't mean you're smart.

If you have access to the kind of money Tiger Woods has, I would think absolute secrecy can be bought. if you care enough. If you don't, you find women who go to the press with text messages. Part of Woods' attraction was his image of innocence. By destroying that, he will lose at least some of his earning power. Depending how it goes, his wife could have a big payday coming up....

Francis2004

Subjective Poster
Nov 18, 2008
Lower Mainland, BC
They can do their job in a much more classy manner, and still get the story they are
after, and 'leave' peoples families and neighbours alone.

I agree and of course they probably could..

But then its a dog eat dog world in that sort of business. If the competition gets the article first its millions lost in revenue so they use what ever is legal ( an many times border line illegal ) tactics to get the story..

Of course if Tiger had come clean from the get go, he would have kept everyone from this mess..

Francis2004

Subjective Poster
Nov 18, 2008
Lower Mainland, BC
If you have access to the kind of money Tiger Woods has, I would think absolute secrecy can be bought. if you care enough. If you don't, you find women who go to the press with text messages. Part of Woods' attraction was his image of innocence. By destroying that, he will lose at least some of his earning power. Depending how it goes, his wife could have a big payday coming up....

Yes but does it become a case of Ego versus money.

Also what point is enough money to keep someone quiet ?

talloola

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 14, 2006
Vancouver Island

One would think that he should have thought more than once, that 'IF' he ever crossed
the line, and cheated, because of who he is, and the position he is in, that the story
and grief would be HUGE, and that alone, if not his own integrity and loyalty, would
prevent him from doing such a lowly, stupid thing.
Apparantly not.
I don't live and die by my interest in any sports,celebrity figure, but my view of Tiger
has immediately changed now, I have lost respect for him, he's just another 'weak'
man, who doesn't really care all that much for his family, which includes his mom
who must be devastated over this.
If his dad was still alive, he would probably kick his 'ass'.

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
One would think that he should have thought more than once, that 'IF' he ever crossed
the line, and cheated, because of who he is, and the position he is in, that the story
and grief would be HUGE, and that alone, if not his own integrity and loyalty, would
prevent him from doing such a lowly, stupid thing.
Apparantly not.
I don't live and die by my interest in any sports,celebrity figure, but my view of Tiger
has immediately changed now, I have lost respect for him, he's just another 'weak'
man, who doesn't really care all that much for his family, which includes his mom
who must be devastated over this.
If his dad was still alive, he would probably kick his 'ass'.

I was willing to believe what he told us about the fire hydrant and car and whatever, but now we find out this business of him screwing around on his wife, while she was pregnant yet, with several women. I could care less what he does. The guy needlessly hurt his wife and kids for a piece of t---. What does that say about him....

lone wolf

Grossly Underrated
Nov 25, 2006
In the bush near Sudbury
I was willing to believe what he told us about the fire hydrant and car and whatever, but now we find out this business of him screwing around on his wife, while she was pregnant yet, with several women. I could care less what he does. The guy needlessly hurt his wife and kids for a piece of t---. What does that say about him....

He's human?

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
I don't think people WANT to be the hero, the golden boy, as much as people assume. Men seem to constantly set themselves up for failure with affairs once they get rich and famous. I can't help but wonder if it's a craving to have themselves brought back down to earth that spawns these urges. They know it's going to happen... it always does.

He's human.

Curiosity

Senate Member
Jul 30, 2005
California
Doesn't take much to flick off the halo does it?

The pictures of the van smashed into the tree showed it demolished the front end and the front doors were bent unable to be opened - also the air bags could not be deployed.

Elin grabbed a golf club to open the back doors so she could pull him to safety not knowing what condition he was in or whether the car would burst into flame.

She's a very smart woman and I hope she loves him enough to get through this - perhaps it is best the news is out in the open now -

They are a normal couple leading a very abnormal life of celebrity and I hope he
recovers enough to continue his charity work - he has so many sponsors for his
tournaments and volunteer efforts.....but sometimes a bad thing clears the air.

talloola

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 14, 2006
Vancouver Island
I don't think people WANT to be the hero, the golden boy, as much as people assume. Men seem to constantly set themselves up for failure with affairs once they get rich and famous. I can't help but wonder if it's a craving to have themselves brought back down to earth that spawns these urges. They know it's going to happen... it always does.

He's human.

A very stupid human indeed, made a stupid choice, an inconsiderate choice, a choice
that gave him what he wanted, and to hell with the people I will hurt here.
Money really doesn't have anything to do with it, apparantly 70% of men cheat on
their wives, at least that is a stat that I heard on the radio, not sure how close to
right it is. Each man who cheats, hurts his loved ones, just as Tiger has, but doesn't
usually have to deal with the rest of the country, and also the sponsors who have
endorsed him, and use him to sell their product, and not all the young people who
have put him on their list of idles to admire and look up to, so the cheating isn't for those with money and fame, it's all over the world, with every level of pay cheque.
In my life this big blunder tiger has made, means everything, he has betrayed his
vows of marriage, and now his wife and mother have to face everyone knowing that
'they all know' what their husband/son has done, shame on him.

lone wolf

Grossly Underrated
Nov 25, 2006
In the bush near Sudbury
Personally, I believe everyone who willingly puts anyone on a pedestal and expects him/her to be perfect is setting themselves up for the fall. Nobody's perfect....

Curiosity

Senate Member
Jul 30, 2005
California
The public have this star-gazer attitude about people who are good at things which make them celebrities....

Why are movie/television actors celebrities?

Why are sports people celebrities?

Why not scientists and researchers and people who work in far away lands helping the sick and poor?

Perhaps we live a dream of our own in some people who are public property such as Tiger and while he has made a public error, no doubt he has been making errors all along before and after his marriage. What else is new? We all love a fantasy the press feeds us and get upset when the fantasy is muddied up.

I admire his charity work and I hope he has saved enough celebrity power to continue this effort because he has enormous influence in the money raising efforts of some worthwhile and worldwide helping causes.

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
A very stupid human indeed, made a stupid choice, an inconsiderate choice, a choice
that gave him what he wanted, and to hell with the people I will hurt here.
Money really doesn't have anything to do with it, apparantly 70% of men cheat on
their wives, at least that is a stat that I heard on the radio, not sure how close to
right it is. Each man who cheats, hurts his loved ones, just as Tiger has, but doesn't
usually have to deal with the rest of the country, and also the sponsors who have
endorsed him, and use him to sell their product, and not all the young people who
have put him on their list of idles to admire and look up to, so the cheating isn't for those with money and fame, it's all over the world, with every level of pay cheque.
In my life this big blunder tiger has made, means everything, he has betrayed his
vows of marriage, and now his wife and mother have to face everyone knowing that
'they all know' what their husband/son has done, shame on him.

I know cheating happens everywhere, but, the type of cheating seems to be different. Long drawn out affairs seem more common with the rich. Random affairs, one time encounters, seem to be more common with the rest of the world. They get away with it once and thank their lucky stars they didn't get caught, sort of thing.

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
Tiger's wife used a golf club to free him from the car?

Personally, I think she intended to use the club to free Tiger from a life of empty, meaningless sex.... :)