Why we Muslims must stop the flogging of the Teddy Bear teacher

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
I doubt Mohamed would be all that concerned about someone calling a teddy bear Mohamed. To me a teddy bear is to provide comfort to people. Isn't that a praiseworthy thing? It isn't that people are praising the teddy bear, only what it represents (an object of comfort). I really think some of these Muslims should get a grip.

when in rome I think

Unforgiven

Force majeure
May 28, 2007
Of course respect is earned. But I dont go to a job interview and start kicking the future employers. Theres some respect that is the basis...even if the rest IS earned.

She didn't kick anyone, she let kids pick a name for a teddy bear.

As for the fanatics. Do you have a way to get rid of illegal drugs on the streets? Your concerns are valid, but to expect the rest of us to save the world from fanatics...tis expecting a tad too much. {/quote]

Yes I do have a way of getting rid of illegal drugs on the streets. but we aren't talking about drugs here. It's everyone's job to save the world from fanatics. It's not expecting anything more than your duty as an educated citizen of the age of majority. You can't pass the buck and expect change.

You know I spend a lot of time educating the community I live in. But I refuse to take the responsibility of changing the "world's attitudes".

That's a good start. The world accutally doesn't have to change much at all. Just a few people who gain control of things and then force others into doing dispicable things to others they don't even know. Truth be told, it's a very small percentage of bad people doing bad things that cause all the suffering. Mostly we just put up with it and say we're powerless to make any changes.

That is what has to change first.

lone wolf

Grossly Underrated
Nov 25, 2006
In the bush near Sudbury
Thats about as funny as a pair of dirty socks.

You find dirty socks funny? Guess as long as they don't show bottom eh?

Really, It seems like the religion deems men have terribly little self control or respect if the ladies have to be cloaked from head to toe and treated worse than livestock. There is probably a beautiful woman hidden under all that cloth. Who'd know? Western thinking?

See, what we seem to have overlooked here is it was the kids who named the bear. What has the narrow-mindedness taught those kids? Here in Canada, we knuckle under and deny Christmas, kick God out of the schools, change the words in a patriotic song that isn't even the real national anthem (the Maple Leaf Forever couldn't be politically corrected) all to suit an ungrateful population. To Hell with political correctness.

Woof!

Last edited:

cranston36

Sep 28, 2006
Let us be clear - there are many forms of Islam - Muslims from one town to another even in the same country sometimes have a version of Islam that is different enough from the other to be rendered incomprehensible.

By declaring that a teddy bear cannot be called 'Mohammed' the muslim Imams have set up Mohammed as a god which is against the original intent of Islam.

Islam grew up out of a tortured interpretation of Christianity that spread like the game of telephone - where you whisper a word into someone's ear and they do the same and so on until it comes around to the start - a totally different word than what started.

The reason Muslims aren't allowed to name Teddy Bears 'Mohammed' is because when the gods in the Parthian pantheon were pulled down and smashed into dust the only way the religious leaders (the conquerors) could maintain control was by forbidding the making of images of man or woman.

The lack of those images has left an empty hole in the spirits of Muslim people around the world whose only history is dictated to them by men who do not clean themselves properly and who believe that turning a phrase or twisting a knife is an art form.

What to do?
Name everything you can Mohammed.
Laughter is the best medicine and they need a strong dose of it.

It would be well for everyone to wake up to the fact that in many Muslim countries - like Turkey, Iraq, Iran, Indonesia, Pakistan and most others that there Muslims - especially the lunatics that believe in Sharia - are in the minority.

Why do you think they haven't been able to unite? Islam is teetering on the edge of ruin and a litlte, bitty Teddy bear may have been straw that broke the camel's back.

Did you see those clowns prancing around in dresses shrieking about a Teddy bear?

I thought it telling too that in Sudan the black muslims dance in dresses filled with hate against an elderly white woman while their black cousins are slaughtered in the south.

Now if that's not stupid I don't know what is.

"Let me tell you a little story about man named Mohammed
A poor cameleer, barely kept his family fed,
Then one day he was stabbing at some goat
And up through the ground came a bubblin' crude
Oil, that is,
black gold
Texas tea

Well the first thing you know ol' Mohammed's a billionaire
Kinfolk said "Mohammed move away from there",
Said Saudi Arabia is the place you ought to be,
So they loaded up the horse and moved to Riyahd.
Hills, that is.
Dreaming pools,
Stone gods. Well now its time to say good-bye to Mohammed and all his kin
And they would like to thank you folks for kindly paying them.
You're all invited back again to this locality,
To have a heapin' helpin' of their hospitality.
Whipping, that is."

senorita

Nominee Member
Oct 29, 2007
Ontario
She didn't kick anyone, she let kids pick a name for a teddy bear.

I think we're all well aware of it.

Yes I do have a way of getting rid of illegal drugs on the streets. but we aren't talking about drugs here. It's everyone's job to save the world from fanatics. It's not expecting anything more than your duty as an educated citizen of the age of majority. You can't pass the buck and expect change.

I know we're not talking about drugs. Ive a habit of using silly analogies when confronted with silly opinions. Im not passing the buck, I am however not taking the blame for something that has nothing to do with me. And you know what they say...practice what you preach..

That's a good start. The world accutally doesn't have to change much at all. Just a few people who gain control of things and then force others into doing dispicable things to others they don't even know. Truth be told, it's a very small percentage of bad people doing bad things that cause all the suffering. Mostly we just put up with it and say we're powerless to make any changes. That is what has to change first.

There are a billion and one issues that plague our societies. Why pick one and label innocent people according to it?

Last edited:

senorita

Nominee Member
Oct 29, 2007
Ontario
You find dirty socks funny? Guess as long as they don't show bottom eh?

But you cant have missed my sarcasm.

Really, It seems like the religion deems men have terribly little self control or respect if the ladies have to be cloaked from head to toe and treated worse than livestock. There is probably a beautiful woman hidden under all that cloth. Who'd know? Western thinking?

My dear it is not the religion which deems men as such. It is the opinions of certain people. We should be able to see that based just on the replies of this thread.

And there are plenty of beautiful women under the cloaks and veils and hijabs...but can you really force them to unveil if they are happy as they are?

See, what we seem to have overlooked here is it was the kids who named the bear. What has the narrow-mindedness taught those kids? Here in Canada, we knuckle under and deny Christmas, kick God out of the schools, change the words in a patriotic song that isn't even the real national anthem (the Maple Leaf Forever couldn't be politically corrected) all to suit an ungrateful population. To Hell with political correctness.

But why expect every other nation in the world to be a Canada...?

meow! (tempted)

cranston36---you know what they say about hitting your head against a brick wall...sometimes we have to admit that it is pointless...

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
Surge in Teddy Bear Sales
Evergreen Press association;

Shoppers in Toronto are faceing a crippling shortage in the popular christmas toy of children in fact all accross the western world sales have sky -rocketed. Wallmark issues company wide rain checks.

Krad Revuaeb----------------Overwater forigne press assc;

lone wolf

Grossly Underrated
Nov 25, 2006
In the bush near Sudbury
But you cant have missed my sarcasm.

No ... actually, I ignored it.

My dear it is not the religion which deems men as such. It is the opinions of certain people. We should be able to see that based just on the replies of this thread.

We know what we know and learn it best when it's not forced upon us under penalty of death.

And there are plenty of beautiful women under the cloaks and veils and hijabs...but can you really force them to unveil if they are happy as they are?

Who said anything about force? That's your word. What about the ones who aren't happy?

But why expect every other nation in the world to be a Canada...?

Did you read something I didn't type? Personally, I'm tired of apologizing. I was born here. I'd like to say to heck with worrying about culture shock and hurt feelings. This land is OUR land. Until they are citizens, they are only guests. Hand them a set of rules and obligations and tell them live up to them or go home. To become a citizen is to BE a Canadian and respect OUR ways.

meow! (tempted)

cranston36---you know what they say about hitting your head against a brick wall...sometimes we have to admit that it is pointless...

Woof!

Last edited:

senorita

Nominee Member
Oct 29, 2007
Ontario
No ... actually, I ignored it.
We know what we know and learn it best when it's not forced upon us under penalty of death.

Intentional I'm sure. For your information I am not in any way justifying what happened. I am simply saying that it seems to be very easy for people to sit behind their computer screens and make judgement calls.

Who said anything about force? That's your word. What about the ones who aren't happy?

There are some who are not happy. They have to fight their battles. But dont paint all Muslims with one brush.A lot of us are very happy wearing the veil, and the idea even the burka (which you refer to as the cloak). It might be hard for you to understand, but for the majority of Muslim women, the idea actually is acceptable. It should not be forced. And yes there are pigs out there who do exactly the opposite of what Islam asks of us. But what I am saying is Islam is a peaceful religion, it was the very first religion to promote the rights of women. People have idealogies. They have opinions. Those are what need to change. Ive been exposed to various 'Muslim' nations...and what you hear is the news or see in the media is for the most part dramatized and sensationalised to meet the viewers judgemental expectations.

Did you read something I didn't type? Personally, I'm tired of apologizing. I was born here. I'd like to say to heck with worrying about culture shock and hurt feelings. This land is OUR land. Until they are citizens, they are only guests. Hand them a set of rules and obligations and tell them live up to them or go home. To become a citizen is to BE a Canadian and respect OUR ways.

I dont think I asked you to apologise. But dont expect us to either. A lot of Muslims, Hindus, Buddhists, Atheists....were born 'here'. They work hard, they pay their taxes, they help charities, they are parts of monumental organizations; they are making this country what it is today. This is not YOUR land. It is the land of the people. And isnt everyone a guest here if you want to put it that way? Aside from the Native Americans, who were the original inhabitants? If you look at statistics, the percentage of Muslims who break the Canadian laws are probably the lowest ever recorded. And if this is somebodys home, where are you planning to tell them to go? If you ever read up on, or were truly exposed to a real Muslim, you'd know that respect, honor, hospitality and care for others is at the top of the priority list.

And I'd be very offended by your comments if I did not pity your ignorance.

Last edited:

lone wolf

Grossly Underrated
Nov 25, 2006
In the bush near Sudbury
Intentional I'm sure. For your information I am not in any way justifying what happened. I am simply saying that it seems to be very easy for people to sit behind their computer screens and make judgement calls.

There are some who are not happy. They have to fight their battles. But dont paint all Muslims with one brush.A lot of us are very happy wearing the veil, and the idea even the burka (which you refer to as the cloak). It might be hard for you to understand, but for the majority of Muslim women, the idea actually is acceptable. It should not be forced. And yes there are pigs out there who do exactly the opposite of what Islam asks of us. But what I am saying is Islam is a peaceful religion, it was the very first religion to promote the rights of women. People have idealogies. They have opinions. Those are what need to change. Ive been exposed to various 'Muslim' nations...and what you hear is the news or see in the media is for the most part dramatized and sensationalised to meet the viewers judgemental expectations.

I dont think I asked you to apologise. But dont expect us to either. A lot of Muslims, Hindus, Buddhists, Atheists....were born 'here'. They work hard, they pay their taxes, they help charities, they are parts of monumental organizations; they are making this country what it is today. This is not YOUR land. It is the land of the people. And isnt everyone a guest here if you want to put it that way? Aside from the Native Americans, who were the original inhabitants? If you look at statistics, the percentage of Muslims who break the Canadian laws are probably the lowest ever recorded. And if this is somebodys home, where are you planning to tell them to go? If you ever read up on, or were truly exposed to a real Muslim, you'd know that respect, honor, hospitality and care for others is at the top of the priority list.

And I'd be very offended by your comments if I did not pity your ignorance.

You do a very good job of reading things into those spaces between the words don't you? Good thing you are in OUR land or you would likely be buggy-whipped for speaking in such a way to a man. Perhaps if you read only that text in front of you, you wouldn't find so much conflict between the lines.

Woof!

Last edited:

gopher

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2005
Minnesota: Gopher State
Mrs Gibbons was released after just a few days of detention.

How soon were the the people in Guantánamo released even though no guilt was ever proven by Christofascist Bush??

gopher

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2005
Bush is one mean chimp:

gopher

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2005
But at bottom, this case illustrates the difference between Islam and Christofascism:

Islam is or can be quite stern in the application of its religious principles. But note how quickly the case was settled so that Mrs Gibbons is safely and comfortably home where she belongs.

By contrast, Christofascist Bush claims to be a ''compassionate conservative'' but is keeping people in a Cuban prison for years without trial or allowing them to see their families. We know for a fact that some have committed suicide because of the torment they have gone through. How can someone claim to be compassionate, let alone ''Christian'' while engaging in such criminal conduct?

Under such circumstances, WHAT WOULD JESUS DO???

Those of you who have read the Bible know the answer to that question.

Therefore, professing Christians have no business criticizing Islam when their own religion has killed more people than has all other religions combined in history.

senorita

Nominee Member
Oct 29, 2007
Ontario
You do a very good job of reading things into those spaces between the words don't you? Good thing you are in OUR land or you would likely be buggy-whipped for speaking in such a way to a man. Perhaps if you read only that text in front of you, you wouldn't find so much conflict between the lines.
Woof!

I am in YOUR land? Kindly tell me who put your name on the map. I for one dont see it. Its amazing how you would start bringing the we vs them labels. I have travelled to various countries, and for YOUR information the MOST respect I got was in the ARAB/MUSLIM countries. And surprise, I've lived there, and expressed my views very openly. Feeling a bit faint with the shock yet? I dont have to read between the lines, you have rude, ignorant, and racist views and I'm surprised (I'm sure I shouldnt be) they're tolerated here.

Last edited: