Why we Muslims must stop the flogging of the Teddy Bear teacher

Unforgiven

Force majeure
May 28, 2007
I'm starting to understand that Islam begins with the idea that men are basically bad and prone to doing the worst things expected. Perhaps it's this concept that allows for Muslims in countries that use Shiria law to accept the outragiousness of punishment when they see the worst in Western culture.

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
The first thing that jumps out at me about this article, is how using the term 'primitive' repeatedly to describe a country, in an attempt to get anyone to stop any sort of action is nothing but **** disturbing. It's not going to get you heard. Not at all.

It might deflect the scorn from her particular brand of Islam, but it certainly won't get anyone in a position of power in Sudan to listen to what this woman has to say.

thomaska

Council Member
May 24, 2006
Great Satan
I wonder how many bears are running around that part of the world anyways....surprised they even knew what it was.

I await the worldwide teddy bear revolt for the offensive naming of one of their brothers in the struggle for self-naming rights...

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
Just to add a little animosity to this discussion, I would like to say that I am getting sick and tired of these people thinking theirs is the "only" bloody religion. Is it any wonder that the Arab/Islam people are backwards and behind most other people in the world...Lashing a lady for naming a teddy bear Mohammed is an indication of stupidity.....nothing else......:roll:

Reactions: Just the Facts

thomaska

Council Member
May 24, 2006
Great Satan
Just to add a little animosity to this discussion, I would like to say that I am getting sick and tired of these people thinking theirs is the "only" bloody religion. Is it any wonder that the Arab/Islam people are backwards and behind most other people in the world...Lashing a lady for naming a teddy bear Mohammed is an indication of stupidity.....nothing else......:roll:

Apparently lashing and prison isn't quite enough for the believers of the Religion of Peace...

Thousands in Sudan Call for British Teddy Bear Teacher's Execution

KHARTOUM, Sudan — Thousands of Sudanese, many armed with clubs and knives, rallied Friday in a central square and demanded the execution of a British teacher convicted of insulting Islam for allowing her students to name a teddy bear "Muhammad."

The protesters streamed out of mosques after Friday sermons, as pickup trucks with loudspeakers blared messages against Gillian Gibbons, the teacher who was sentenced Thursday to 15 days in prison and deportation. She avoided the more serious punishment of 40 lashes.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,314111,00.html

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
I wonder who that stupid teacher worked for realy, you'd think she'd know about a cultural phuck-up like that wouldn't you, I mean how many teddys are called JesusChrist right. She was a **** disturber, the lash is to good for her. I wonder what OJ thinks about it?

How was breakfast this morning?

On to the fun stuff! Do you think she was working for Bush? The CIA?

She made a mistake!

If someone named a Teddy Bear Jesus I can say with certainty she would not be arrested or threatened with a whipping.

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
She is showing WAAAAAAAAAY too much ankle! Where is the Taliban when you need them!

The concealed woman excites me more than the unconcealed, a single square CC of exposed flesh and the eyes and I'm able to construct the hidden woman, and she always looks like Daryl Hanna. I like my presents gift wrapped. The little hints of ankle and eyes just exagerate the excitment of unwrapping and discovery, maybe we should encourage our women to cover up. We should ask them what they think, just to be inclusive.
It's a mistake for muslims to cover gods work, who the hell do they think they are.

DurkaDurka

Internet Lawyer
Mar 15, 2006
Toronto
The concealed woman excites me more than the unconcealed, a single square CC of exposed flesh and the eyes and I'm able to construct the hidden woman, and she always looks like Daryl Hanna. I like my presents gift wrapped. The little hints of ankle and eyes just exagerate the excitment of unwrapping and discovery, maybe we should encourage our women to cover up. We should ask them what they think, just to be inclusive.
It's a mistake for muslims to cover gods work, who the hell do they think they are.

DB, those ankles you so admire could belong to a dude you know....

MikeyDB

House Member
Jun 9, 2006
A statement is being made by the followers of Islam. A statement should be made by the nations that have funded and attempted to ameleorate the suffering in Sudan. Yes the poor the elderly and the infrim will suffer should this funding of a terrorist state be witheld but, the terrorism has to be identified to the people as "home-grown" and ending the funding and support for the Sudanese will perhaps provide a nudge to get these people thinking about what's behind this action (cutting funding) by the predominantly Christian nations.

If we're happy to continue to entertain the outrage of a tenth century religious based terrorism exercised throughout the world, then why are the nations fighting terrorism (if you believe this rationale) continuing to fund these primitive cultures?

Sudan and Saudi Arabia have only their own machinations to blame for the suffering of their people. While we in the west continue our gluttinous consumption of "resources", enriching the monarchies and dictatorships that spawn and promote this hatred and terrorism, we are on one hand "fighting terrorism" and ENABLING at the very same time!

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
How was breakfast this morning?

On to the fun stuff! Do you think she was working for Bush? The CIA?

She made a mistake!

If someone named a Teddy Bear Jesus I can say with certainty she would not be arrested or threatened with a whipping.

Did I have breakfast at your place yesterday? I thought it was Thomaskas. I can't eat like that everyday man, that was a full course dinner to me, usually I have bread and water.:lol:
She was working for MI6, or the newspaper. Want to make some money encite local Islamic authoritys into legal action and sell papers and air time. I know different about the bear bussiness, a bear named Jesus Christ will get you a brutal whipping and a stay in the shed till you repent, don't get me going about fanatical Christianity Smack I'm not into it today or tomorrow it's christmas for christ sake.:smile:

shadowshiv

Dark Overlord
May 29, 2007
As it stands now, they have backed totally away from the lashings and are now saying that she will "only" get 15 days in prison.

I am thankful that she will not be getting lashed, but I still think the jail sentence is a crock of ****.

MikeyDB

House Member
Jun 9, 2006
It demonstrates a falability equal to that of the policies of the Roman Catholic Church throughout the world in terms of crimes against innocents and victimization of whole segments of "Christian" populations....

Religion is a failed sojourn into delusion.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
Did I have breakfast at your place yesterday? I thought it was Thomaskas. I can't eat like that everyday man, that was a full course dinner to me, usually I have bread and water.:lol:
She was working for MI6, or the newspaper. Want to make some money encite local Islamic authoritys into legal action and sell papers and air time. I know different about the bear bussiness, a bear named Jesus Christ will get you a brutal whipping and a stay in the shed till you repent, don't get me going about fanatical Christianity Smack I'm not into it today or tomorrow it's christmas for christ sake.:smile:

Yup. It was my Breakfast description. I did say i would want to have a Thomaska English muffin...or was it a Thomas's?