Why one N.W.T. teen is suing the Canadian government over climate change inaction

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta
You’re embarrassed again. Everyone can tell.

Please. Talk some more about facts. Jets lost tonight. I could use another laugh

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick
You should really throw your support behind them by drastically cutting back on your use of fossil fuels.

Again, realist... I do what I can, I know it's not enough, I cut when I can, deal with the rest as I can. At the end of the day, I support em.

... Not interested in going that far, huh?

I kinda figured that would be the case

You figured nothing... you assumed a lot though :)

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick
Where did you get that idea from? Is that what you were told or is that what you know?

Neither.

It's what I hope this is all about. I mean, it makes the most sense to me, otherwise why bother?

I know, hope doesn't matter. And I know, evil parents/lawyers/hippies forcing the kids to do their work for them...

Cause kids can't have independent thoughts sometimes...

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick
If you thought regular math was hard...
Check out "Climate Math".

It is hard, Math and I don't normally get along.

But TBH I don't fully trust the 'math' on either side of the climate debate. Cause numbers can be manipulated/wrong if the data around them is wrong.

I go with what I personally see.

I personally see a climate that is changing.

I also go with what makes sense to me logically.

Man may have had something to do with that change, though man may not have. Regardless, wanting to have a cleaner world is actually a good thing and so there's nothing wrong with that.

Yeah it's a lot of point of view, but then so is a lot of the other side on it too.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Neither.
It's what I hope this is all about. I mean, it makes the most sense to me, otherwise why bother?
I know, hope doesn't matter. And I know, evil parents/lawyers/hippies forcing the kids to do their work for them...
Cause kids can't have independent thoughts sometimes...
Kids have independent though all the time. If we trusted their thoughts they'd be allowed live on their own long before hitting 18 but since they do make shitty decisions we don't let them flex their thoughts until they have hit 18.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
But TBH I don't fully trust the 'math' on either side of the climate debate. Cause numbers can be manipulated/wrong if the data around them is wrong.
Man may have had something to do with that change, though man may not have. Regardless, wanting to have a cleaner world is actually a good thing and so there's nothing wrong with that.
Yeah it's a lot of point of view, but then so is a lot of the other side on it too.
What do YOU see changing? Which direction is it going in your eyes? Is it doing what you are told it's doing?

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
Don't y'all forget...
If it's warm outside, it's global warming
If it's cold ......it's just weather.....

-10 this morning, time to check if the block heater on my new car really works :lol:

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009
A Mouse Once Bit My Sister
Don't y'all forget...
If it's warm outside, it's global warming
If it's cold ......it's just weather.....

-10 this morning, time to check if the block heater on my new car really works :lol:
It's been really interesting observing the evolution of the global warming narrative over the recent past.

Global warming morphs to climate change, changes to climate crisis and now into climate emergency.

To date, I still have no real definition as to what, exactly, climate change means... Sure, you can put the 2 words together and get the gist, but in light that the climate has always been changing, you would think that a strong, highly detailed definition would exist.

spilledthebeer

Executive Branch Member
Jan 26, 2017
The global warming movement IS NOT about pollution. Further, you're not seeing any proof that the climate is changing due to human induced variables.

If they think that they have the answer, they are free to act in what ever manner they see fit, but considering that they are not prepared to 'take action', all they are are kids throwing a tantrum

Much like Greta, they aren't prepared to pay any cost - easier to throw a tantrum

TRUE DAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The kids are PISSED that LIE-beral taxation has prevented THEM.....................................

from buying into the carbon rich life!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So a big chunk of the environmental movement is FROM SPITE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

One has only to look at Greta and her team carefully HIDING HOW MUCH AIR TRAVEL THEY DO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Greta sailed her yacht her- but her TEAM all flew here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And the kids are also subjected to a BARRAGE of propaganda from INFANCY ONWARD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Militant HOG Teachers now have way more influence on our kids minds than parents!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks to the desperate need for TWO Parental INCOMES so that a family can survive!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And it is not helping that so many parents MUST EACH WORK SEVERAL PART TIME JOBS just to survive!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I knew a couple who had FIVE JOBS BETWEEN THEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And I worked with a guy who had two jobs.....................................

AND ONCE EACH WEEK HE HAD TO STAY AWAKE FOR THIRTY SIX HOURS STRAIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And that was simply due to awkward scheduling and FISCAL NEED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It leaves our kids at the mercy of viciously GREEDY HOGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Consider the kid from NWT who is suing the govt over global warming...............................

apparently the kid DOES NOT CARE that his community is dumping its raw sewage into the Beaufort Sea!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And the kid DOES NOT CARE that most northern communities get their electrical power from DIESEL GENERATORS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nor does the kid CARE that so many native reserves ARE FLY IN ONLY- with resulting HUGE EXPENDITURE of gas.......................

to HAUL IN ALL THE NECESSITIES of modern life- from tooth brushes to tampons!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And after posing for the LIE-beral friendly news media that is BUYING IN TO the six hundred million dollar LIE-beral slush fund..........

that Our idiot Boy established for Cdn news media -that say NICE THING ABOUT LIE-berals.................................

that snot nosed KID will likely hop onto a Ski-Doo and burn some filthy GAS to buzz off hunting or fishing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Some researcher REALLY OUGHT to do a study regarding JUST HOW MUCH FOSSIL FUEL we could SAVE...........................

if we CANCELLED ALL the air flights into remote reserves and move the inhabitants to some place ..........................

WITH A MUCH LOWER CARBON FOOTPRINT - meaning some place THAT DOES NOT REQUIRE endless air travel..................

for EVERYTHING - up to and including AIR FREIGHT simply to get parts to fix your toilet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick
Kids have independent though all the time. If we trusted their thoughts they'd be allowed live on their own long before hitting 18 but since they do make shitty decisions we don't let them flex their thoughts until they have hit 18.

And as I said, WE made them like this.

WE - adults - have said "Stand up for your beliefs!"

WE have said "Don't let others make your decisions for you!"

WE have said "Do what you think is right!"

Yes, they make shitty decisions, and this may be one of them, BUT that is also for them to go through and learn from. That's part of growing up. If it backfires on them, they will bear the brunt of it (rather, their parents unless it's pro-bono, I don't recall if lawyers are doing it that way or not). If they win, it means that the law - like it or not - has sided with them and is holding the rest of 'us' accountable.

But I won't hold it against them for trying.

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick
What do YOU see changing? Which direction is it going in your eyes? Is it doing what you are told it's doing?

What do I see changing?

I see more rain than ever in spring and fall in my area.

I see more flooding in my area.

I see the sea level rising to where it will cut off my area in several places.

I see warmer winters.

I see MUCH warmer summers.

I don't see the snow at any level like we had when I was little.

I see my area affected by more intense storms than I recall.

When we do get cold, it is MUCH colder than it used to be.

I see Tornadoes where we never used to have them.

I see a climate that is changing.

As for the direction it's going... to me it's all over the place but how you feel about that depends on how you feel about the climate changing as a whole, IMO. Some may say it's great summers are getting hotter. I don't. Some may say it's great winters aren't as snowy. I don't.

This is what I see.

So I ask you - does it matter to you?

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
We all(most of us anyway) know the climate is changing. Always has. The problem arises when some groups with an agenda think that taxes or buying/selling credits will somehow cure the problem. What that will do is cause a global recession and not stop climate from changing one bit. The larger problem is that all this attention on globull warming is distracting us from what is really important to our continued survival as a species, and that is cleaning up our shit. ANd I mean really cleaning up, not our pretend recycling program where you take your junk to the taxpayer subsidized recycling center and they take it to the land fill. This happens with more" recycled" products than you think.