Why Catholic isn't Christian.

Spade

Ace Poster
Nov 18, 2008
Aether Island
I does make you wonder how protestants can say the Catholic Church is the Scarlet Wh*re of Revelation when it was the Catholics that gave them the bible. How can they believe that it is the word of god when they condemn the people who gave it to them in the form it is in? It was the various Catholic councils that decided which early Christian writings to include and discard. To me to be truly Christian, they would have to go back and retrieve all the original writings and include them in their book.

"Protestants doth protest too much."
- Will the wise

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
To start with, everyone, that is everyone who is a Christian has a different view of who is a Christian, while forgetting the statement, Judge not lest ye be judged.
The Catholic Church, was the first Christian Church, and they were the aggravation
of the Roman Empire. You are correct in saying the conversion was for military
purposes more than anything else. Most of the churches problems began with
Pope Gregory, in I think the twelfth century. He turned the church into a political
force more that a spiritual force. He also distorted a lot of the teaching which
makes me wonder with all the translations and re-writes of the Bible, how many
meaning got changed. The Middle Eastern languages and numbers with word
meanings. A prime example, Alibaba and the forty thieves. or Jesus spent forty
days on the desert. In Middle Eastern languages the number 40 actually means
"many". I have heard so much of this and when much younger I was much more
versed, but as a retired Catholic, I don`t think about it much now. I believe anyone
who has an honest believe the in meaning of what they believe, they are Christian
or Jewish, or Muslim or whatever. All of the other symbols are more about
traditions than religion. There is nothing wrong with traditions and they are not
great offences to the belief system. This whole thing about excluding someone
as a Christian, is no big deal, its somewhat like sheering a pig, there is more noise
than there is wool.