When Mr. Trudeau gets into gear on the immorality of the drug war, he will bury all o

French Patriot

Council Member
Sep 17, 2012
For who? The criminals riding the crippled?

If you are going to worry about people, worry about all the ones who will die of be damaged by the worse two drugs on the psychotropic menu. Alcohol and tobacco.

Either alone kill more Canadians than all the other psychotropic drugs used.

That is where the abuse of Canadians is taking place.

Don't think about that.

Nor the fact that alcohol probably created 3/4 of the cripples that you are so concerned with in this country. No I do not have the stats. That is an educated guess.

Regards
DL

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
You change you tune faster than a stretched guitar string.

Please explain how an abused system and riding the coat tails of those truly in need is a success as asked repeatedly.

French Patriot

Council Member
Sep 17, 2012
You change you tune faster than a stretched guitar string.

Please explain how an abused system and riding the coat tails of those truly in need is a success as asked repeatedly.

Adding information is not changing my tune. It is adding instruments to the band and making the song that much more enjoyable.

You can ask forever and you will get the same reply.

There is no abuse. There are just people taking a healthier drug that whatever they might have been doing before, if anything.

Regards
DL

French Patriot

Council Member
Sep 17, 2012
How is the abuse of the medical marijuana system and those the need it a success?

What abuse?

You inferred it but did not show it.

And if someone needs it as you say, how is that abuse?

They are filling a need and not just a want.

And why do you care if the least toxic of all the psychotropic gets abused when the abuse of so much more harmful substances is a daily thing?

Seems to me that your priorities are way off the mark.

Regards
DL

AnnaG

Hall of Fame Member
Jul 5, 2009
I suppose dispensaries are the way to go if someone doesn't have the knowledge, the ability, or the ambition to grow their own.

I would think that decriminalising pot for personal/medical use eased a bit of pressure on our lawn order and cut into the profits of pushers and the like somewhat. Seems fine to me.

Still don't want people that are high driving, though. People are zombies on the road as it is.

Almost forgot to mention, I think any system is abused by someone at some time. Crap happens.

French Patriot

Council Member
Sep 17, 2012
I suppose dispensaries are the way to go if someone doesn't have the knowledge, the ability, or the ambition to grow their own.

I would think that decriminalising pot for personal/medical use eased a bit of pressure on our lawn order and cut into the profits of pushers and the like somewhat. Seems fine to me.

Still don't want people that are high driving, though. People are zombies on the road as it is.

If left to itself, all the provinces will go to unregulated dispensaries and head shops just as it is doing in B.C..

I do not advocate that as it does not help parents who wish to have control of what their children ingest. We all know how siblings and peers will help each other out,

I like a prescription system because all drugs will eventually be legal as the designer labs find new and safer formulas. This was partially why the Le'Dain Royal Commission Report started with cannabis but recognized that many who were using it were also using other drugs. That was when they decided to expand the report to all psychotropic drugs.

These are drugs and our doctors should be tuned in to what we are doing so as to not have one drug interfere with the performance of another that might be a straight medical drug and not a psychotropic one.

Even alcohol and tobacco should be on a prescription in my view just for the same health reasons.

To date, all states that have moved to the left of this issue have profited both in monetary terms as well as social and justice terms.

The cops love it. The law, not the pot but --- now the cops are not the only ones with the best pot in town.

Regards
DL

AnnaG

Hall of Fame Member
Jul 5, 2009
Kids get their mitts on any drug if they have a mind to do that. I think parents are the key. Help your kids develop without the curiosity and desire to check drugs out. Or perhaps grandparents or aunts and uncles. Whomever you trust. Freakin schools can't do EVERYTHING.

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
You will have to expand on how you think a prescription will somehow keep pot out of kid's hands. Being illegal hasn't done this.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
What abuse?

You inferred it but did not show it.

And if someone needs it as you say, how is that abuse?

They are filling a need and not just a want.

And why do you care if the least toxic of all the psychotropic gets abused when the abuse of so much more harmful substances is a daily thing?

Seems to me that your priorities are way off the mark.

Regards
DL

Explain how it is a success if it's being abused?

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
I think y'all should turn the drug war into a real war, with guns and artillery and airstrikes and all.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit

It's not legal for personal use and dispensaries are fed by the same criminals who illegally grow weed as always and don't pay the taxes on their earnings. There are unscrupulous Drs who will sign for anyone willing to pay their fee. That is abusing a system set up for those who truly need med weed.

French Patriot

Council Member
Sep 17, 2012
Kids get their mitts on any drug if they have a mind to do that. I think parents are the key. Help your kids develop without the curiosity and desire to check drugs out. Or perhaps grandparents or aunts and uncles. Whomever you trust. Freakin schools can't do EVERYTHING.

I agree and some of what schools do might be quite harmful.

Years ago now, I viewed a film that the Ontario school board had approved an anti-pot film for their students. I did not quite like it so got the psychical study and test reports for it.

They alarmed me enough to get a couple of child psychiatrists have a look and on their recommendations and my legwork, I get the school board to pull it out and scrap that particular film.

It turned out that the kids were infatuated by the one who was supposed to turn them off of drugs instead of being appalled by him.

It is liker the refer madness film put out by the FBI way back when. It was shown to generate interest in pot instead of decreasing it.

It is some kind of forbidden fruit syndrome I guess. That is why education and not propaganda is the way to go.

Regards
DL

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA

Its so hard even then. Ugh... one of these... the sister of a friend has identical twin boys in their 20's. One is addicted to opiates the other is perfectly clean. I doubt one was raised any different than the other.

But I hear what you are saying which is why you get a +1... congrats!

It's not legal for personal use and dispensaries are fed by the same criminals who illegally grow weed as always and don't pay the taxes on their earnings. There are unscrupulous Drs who will sign for anyone willing to pay their fee. That is abusing a system set up for those who truly need med weed.

California was setting itself up for that when they went legal. In Massachusetts it is not so easy.

In Cali they have weed Doctors. I think in Mass you have to go to your primary Dr. I can only imagine the laughter from y Doctor if he heard me say "I think I need weed for medicine."

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
Its so hard even then. Ugh... one of these... the sister of a friend has identical twin boys in their 20's. One is addicted to opiates the other is perfectly clean. I doubt one was raised any different than the other.

But I hear what you are saying which is why you get a +1... congrats!

California was setting itself up for that when they went legal. In Massachusetts it is not so easy.

In Cali they have weed Doctors. I think in Mass you have to go to your primary Dr. I can only imagine the laughter from y Doctor if he heard me say "I think I need weed for medicine."

Meaning your dr isn't much interested in treating illnesses. Just selling for Big Pharma.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
When your claim to need weed for medical is over a stubbed toe and a $300 bribe gets you a card, it is abuse on the backs of the legitimate.

Last edited: