What things keep you young

Ocean Breeze

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 5, 2005
Hank C Cheyenne said:
so Hank ........what keeps you young?? (assuming of course that you are not young

....hey I feel young, but I am in my late 30's..... like I said before I like to work out every few days.....I beleive excercise does keep you looking younger....

I also play some pond hockey with my 19 year old son in the winter....and that is great cardio. :wink:

..you do any excercisin Ocean?

sure do. Much older than you ......and staying in shape/good health has always been a priority. Yoga, Tai Chi. are the daily ones. Some ab stuff on the ball. Plus walking. Power walker.;-)

Ten Packs

Council Member
Nov 21, 2004
Kamloops BC
Sounds like a fair number of folks here keep their hair long - GREAT! I secretly think we are at the end of the buzz-cut/skinhead thing. (my youngest son, when he still lived at home, wore a black tee-shirt which said in big red-letters: "NAZI SKINHEADS - F*CK OFF!)

And God, I PRAY! we're at the end of the cheesy Goatee, backwards ball-cap thing - talk about a way to advertise that your Belt-size and I.Q. are interchangeable values!

Me on the left:

Ocean Breeze

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 5, 2005
Ten Packs said:
Sounds like a fair number of folks here keep their hair long - GREAT! I secretly think we are at the end of the buzz-cut/skinhead thing. (my youngest son, when he still lived at home, wore a black tee-shirt which said in big red-letters: "NAZI SKINHEADS - F*CK OFF!)

And God, I PRAY! we're at the end of the cheesy Goatee, backwards ball-cap thing - talk about a way to advertise that your Belt-size and I.Q. are interchangeable values!

Me on the left:

Is that in front of a /your boat??? Cool pic!!

Ten Packs

Council Member
Nov 21, 2004
Kamloops BC
No - his Class A (thats the "bus-style" motor-home)

Here's mine:

(btw - I am NOT Dyslexic - ANY experienced RV'er tips their awning. directs the rain to one spot only. Keeps the water from pooling in the middle - I saw ONE awning collapse, after an overnight rain - not pretty - not cheap!)

:wink: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ocean Breeze

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 5, 2005
Re: RE: What things keep you young

Ten Packs said:
No - his Class A (thats the "bus-style" motor-home)

Here's mine:

COOL! looks so beautiful and restful there. Impressive.!!

(having one of those would sure keep me young.. :wink:

Hank C Cheyenne

Electoral Member
Sep 17, 2005
Calgary, Alberta.

...dang am I the only one who shaves and has short hair.....damn you hippies :wink:

...I haven't had long hair since I was in high school......I know the ladies liked it back then but I think I would stand out too much at work if I had the long hair today.... I mean the only guys in suits that can get away with it today are the 6ft 4 European guys who are 25 and carry a man purse..... 8O

....actually I always wanted to grow the Selleck, Magnum PI mustache......but my wife would slap me if I tryed........kinda wipped I am :sad7:

Ten Packs

Council Member
Nov 21, 2004
Kamloops BC
Hank C Cheyenne said:
....actually I always wanted to grow the Selleck, Magnum PI mustache......but my wife would slap me if I tryed........kinda wipped I am :sad7:

Way too bushy and thick, nowadays - it just SCREAMS "80's"

Mine is trimmed down to 1/2" in length, and OFF my upper lip - carrying around your last glass of milk for an hour in NOT hip....

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003
RE: What things keep you

dang am I the only one who shaves and has short hair.....damn you hippies

I have short hair. It's less then an inch at the back. but my bangs make upfor the rest cause they come right down to my chin.

I call it a reverse mullet. business at the back. Party at the front.

GreenGreta

Electoral Member
Jun 5, 2005
Lala Land
I don't know how I managed to miss so much of this. I can only say that if I saw a set of teeth in my bar at the bar, I would piss my self laughing.

And I don't pretend to be a high school kid. That would just be stupid. Some parties have parents actually in attendance, some one to get the beer.

Canucklehead

Apr 6, 2005

Never take life seriously... no one get's out alive and nothing's going with ya... it'd be a damn shame to waste it on conforming to others' views of whatcha should be because yer worried about what 'they' think.

peapod

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2004
pumpkin pie bungalow
I was born suspicious canucklehead...and I find it distrubing when a middle aged person wants to hang with a teen. Now maybe some fishin and such....thats okay...or ehm...a ride across town...like just the other day, I had to give one of the grocery boys a ride. First off he forgets to tell me he lives on the other side of town...than he forgets to tell me he wants a ride to the other side of town :twisted:

Oh da torture I had to endure...plus my feckin power windows would not go down...and lets just say...this grocery boy had been partying for a few days 8O Anyhos the conversation went something like this...

Peapod---whats this now I hear from the other dudes at the grocery store...you went and got yur self a hooker 8O 8O

grocery boy--- Ya! but but friend paid for it...

peapod-- well ehm..dude I don't get it, like you a nice looking boy and such, and you gots a lil mojo..can't you meet somebody without paying for it???

grocery boy-- Well I wanted to get it over with, and like I say...my friend paid for it...

peapod--- Oi! thats kinda harsh dude..being your first time and all.
hope you at least enjoyed it...some romance, I mean..

grocery boy-- nah, there are rules ya know...its business..but we had a beer afterwards

peapod--uh huh! well that makes all the difference

grocery boy--- hehehehehehehheheehee

Ocean Breeze

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 5, 2005
Re: RE: What things keep you

Canucklehead said:
Never take life seriously... no one get's out alive and nothing's going with ya... it'd be a damn shame to waste it on conforming to others' views of whatcha should be because yer worried about what 'they' think.

absolutely...........and appreciating the moment one is in......as opposed to regretting (grousing) about the past or "worrying" about the future.

Life is a gamble at best......so why not enjoy the game.

most of all ......surround my self with positive energy /happy / people while accepting but distancing self from the "others".

see the humor in the serious stuff........life is too short to take too seriously.

Hard-Luck Henry

Council Member
Feb 19, 2005
I agree - no regrets - though I've always felt the best way of avoiding regrets was not doing something you might come to regret, in the first place; ie try to give a little thought to the consequences of your actions. Some things are beyond your control, let's not worry about them, but some things aren't ...

Gosh, I'm beginning to sound like me Dad ... :lol:

Canucklehead

Apr 6, 2005

Pea,... yea, it's kinda weird but there are plenty of middle-aged/senior men with 20-yr old trophy wives and loads of middle aged women that go on the prowl for the youngins... no matter whatcha think of it... so long as it's legal and not in yer face... then let em at it, I 'spose.

OB, Cheers!

bhoour

Electoral Member
May 10, 2005
earth
My attitude keeps me young >>>>you are only as young as you feel.......you have to feel the youngness, let it oooze into you. My kids help to keep me young , hip , and in the NOW!! Having a 20 yr old and being 36 eff's with people's minds. People have a preconceived idea how old they think i should/could be. HEE,HEE! Then they see my youngest (3 yrs) and are totally lost..........I love messing with peoples minds...........
:tongue3: