What Grade Would You Give Obama for First 100 Days?

What Grade Would You Give Obama for First 100 Days?

• A+, A, A-

Votes: 7 22.6%
  • B+, B, B-

• C+, C, C-

Votes: 6 19.4%
  • D

Votes: 2 6.5%
  • E

Votes: 2 6.5%
  • F

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

gopher

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2005
Minnesota: Gopher State
In the past, far too Yanks allowed themselves to be persuaded by the reich wing lies of Fox and Drudge Report. Today, despite all the hate these disloyal radicals spew, President Obama's favorable ratings remain at the highest level in history! That tells you a lot about the fact that right wing extremism no longer has the hold on the public that it used to.

Hooray!

Extrafire

Council Member
Mar 31, 2005
Prince George, BC
Reality is relative. It is clear that we see the world from totally different perspectives. But what makes you think that your reality is the right one (or the only one)? That is really not much different from saying that your morality is the right one, anybody who disagrees with you is being immoral.

Basically you are saying something similar, what you are saying is that you are the only one who knows what reality is, anybody who disagrees with you is living in fantasy land. Well, that is just your opinion, isn’t it?
I suggest you don't know what the word "reality" means and the your response is to prove it. How pathetic.

Differing perspectives may result in differing perceptions of reality, but that will not change the fact that there is only one reality. As an analogy, if I hang a red flag in a tree, my bro-in-law, being colour blind, will see the flag as the same colour as the tree, whereas I will see two different colours. Two different perceptions of the colour, but only one reality.

Understand yet?

Extrafire

Council Member
Mar 31, 2005
Prince George, BC
In the past, far too Yanks allowed themselves to be persuaded by the reich wing lies of Fox and Drudge Report. Today, despite all the hate these disloyal radicals spew, President Obama's favorable ratings remain at the highest level in history! That tells you a lot about the fact that right wing extremism no longer has the hold on the public that it used to.

Hooray!
Highest in history? Or just average? Did you miss post # 209 of this thread? I quote from it:
Obama's 63 percent average, according to a study released by Gallup last month, is the highest for a new president since Jimmy Carter (he clocked in at 69 percent during his first 100 days).

But John F. Kennedy bested Obama by more than 10 points, with 74 percent. Dwight Eisenhower enjoyed a 71 percent rating early on.

Even Richard Nixon averaged a 62 percent approval rating, just 1 point shy of Obama's.

Overall, Obama's average for the first three months matched the historical average of 63 percent for presidents since Eisenhower.

When you include presidents who took the oath mid-term -- after the death or resignation of a president -- Obama's 63 percent looks paltry.

Harry Truman enjoyed 87 percent approval, while Lyndon Johnson enjoyed 76 percent.
And when you look at "strongly approve" vs "strongly disapprove" he dropped 27 points in 100 days.

Extrafire

Council Member
Mar 31, 2005
Prince George, BC
FOX is not exactly an admirer of Obama. It is Obama’s harshest critic, along with Rush Limbaugh. So I wouldn’t’ believe anything that FOX says.
Of course not! We know that. Reality has nothing to do with what you believe. And when the facts don't suit you, you just "shoot the messenger" methaphorically speaking.

You're in denial, we all know that, you didn't have to tell us.

Extrafire

Council Member
Mar 31, 2005
Prince George, BC
It was only proper that Obama implement the measures that he had promised during the campaign. I would say it is a very good thing that he got such a strong majority in the Congress. If Congress had been evenly split between the two parties, very likely nothing would have got done and we would have slid into a full fledged depression.
You think the worst is over? It's just begun.

Q: Why do you classify the current economic downturn as a depression rather than a recession?

A: Depressions occur after long bubble booms like 1816 – 1834 and 1914 – 1929, and now 1983 to 2007/2009. Such bubbles leverage capital for exploiting and experimentation in radical new technologies and business models when they first move mainstream and create new economic models for prosperity that last for many decades to follow. Such bubble booms bring stock, real estate and commodity prices to unsustainable levels.
Interview with Harry S. Dent, on his book, THE GREAT DEPRESSION AHEAD. Check it out and learn.

HS Dent | A Conversation with Harry S. Dent, on his new book

HS Dent | HS Dent Free Video Downloads

Obama's making things worse, just like Rosevelt did.

Francis2004

Subjective Poster
Nov 18, 2008
Lower Mainland, BC
Highest in history? Or just average? Did you miss post # 209 of this thread? I quote from it:

And when you look at "strongly approve" vs "strongly disapprove" he dropped 27 points in 100 days.

Yah we all recall how great indicators polls are.. Here is another RasmussenReport poll .. :lol:

Romney Passes Gingrich, but Remains Fourth in Polls Despite Fundraising Success
Tuesday, April 10, 2007
Email a Friend Email to a Friend
Advertisement

Mitt Romney topped the GOP field in the fund-raising race for the first quarter and moved past former House Speaker Newt Gingrich in the race for the Republican nomination. However, while ahead in cash, the former Governor of Massachusetts remains fourth in the polls. The top three positions are unchanged this week with former New York City Mayor Rudy Giuliani at 27%, Arizona Senator John McCain at 16%, and former Tennessee Senator Fred Thompson at 14%. Those figures are virtually unchanged from a week ago.

Romney is back in double digits at 12% and that’s his best poll performance of the season. Gingrich falls back to 8%, his weakest performance in the polls this year.

While Giuliani is still on top, his support is down dramatically from two weeks ago. Not only that, his favorables have tumbled from the stratosphere to 58% (still the highest of any Presidential candidate, but down from 71% in December). Also, Giuliani has lost his leads in general election match-ups with the top three Democrats in the field. America’s Mayor is essentially tied with New York Senator Hillary Clinton and Illinois Senator Barack Obama Giuliani has fallen behind former North Carolina Senator John Edwards.

McCain, like Giuliani, is effectively tied with Clinton and Obama but trails Edwards.

Thompson is tied with Clinton but trails both Obama and Edwards.

Rasmussen Reports releases updated polling data on the Republican nominating contest every Tuesday. Results for the Democrats are updated on Mondays. The current survey is based upon national telephone interviews with 512 Likely Republican Primary Voters conducted April 2-5, 2007. The margin of sampling error is +/- 5 percentage points with a 95% level of confidence.

In recent weeks, the number of unaffiliated voters expressing a preference for voting in a GOP Primary has declined. Many states, including New Hampshire, provide unaffiliated voters with the opportunity to vote in either primary. Separate survey data shows that the number of Americans identifying themselves as Republicans has declined over the past several months.

Rasmussen Reports continuously updates favorability ratings and general election match-ups for all Democratic and Republican candidates. We also maintain ratings for Members of Congress, Other Political Figures, and Journalists.

We all know who won that Race.. The guy at 16%...

Rasmussen Reports™: The Most Comprehensive Public Opinion Data Anywhere

Francis2004

Subjective Poster
Nov 18, 2008
Lower Mainland, BC
You think the worst is over? It's just begun.

Interview with Harry S. Dent, on his book, THE GREAT DEPRESSION AHEAD. Check it out and learn.

HS Dent | A Conversation with Harry S. Dent, on his new book

HS Dent | HS Dent Free Video Downloads

Obama's making things worse, just like Rosevelt did.

Problem is 1983 was no where near a Great Depression. It was a recession.. And we are seeing signs of finally pulling out of the 2007/2009 recession.

I guess time will tell, but let me ask you what are you doing to help the situation ?

Extrafire

Council Member
Mar 31, 2005
Prince George, BC

Extrafire

Council Member
Mar 31, 2005
Prince George, BC
Problem is 1983 was no where near a Great Depression. It was a recession.. And we are seeing signs of finally pulling out of the 2007/2009 recession.
Again you seem to be confused. Did you actually go to the site, read the info or watch the videos? Where did he mention anything about a depression in '83?

Edit - OK, now I see the cause of your confusion You went to the site gave a quick glance at the first sentence or two and made your post. Or more likely you didn't visit the site, just gave a quick glance at the quote I pasted. You should have read a bit more carefully. He was talking about the growth/boom that lasted from 1983 to 2007. Wow, you must really have trouble with exams if that's how you read.

I guess time will tell, but let me ask you what are you doing to help the situation ?
:lol: You think I have some godly power to change the world economy?

Last edited:

Francis2004

Subjective Poster
Nov 18, 2008
Lower Mainland, BC
Again you seem to be confused. Did you actually go to the site, read the info or watch the videos? Where did he mention anything about a depression in '83?

Dent makes heavy use of charts, cycles, and trends apart from his demographic theories in predicting short and intermediate term economic and stock cycles. His work is primarily based on the assumption that most long term stock market performance can be explained by studying long term trends and charts from the past. His critics question the assumption that clues to all major stock market events can be found in the relatively short history of well functioning stock markets in the world. His work has also been criticized for heavy use of data dredging- where it is easy to find patterns in past data and assign predictive powers to them when many such patterns occur in every data collection purely by chance. Dent has also been criticized for being downright wrong on several of his predictions by many economists. In fact, www.maxfunds.com, a financial reporting site awarded him the The "Ultimate Charlatan" Award. They write: "The worst investing advice usually arrives near the top and bottom of stock market cycles. Demographic trends guru Harry S. Dent is making the rounds again, and touting his latest book, The Great Depression Ahead: How to Prosper in the Crash Following the Greatest Boom in History ... In his 2006 work, Dent predicted, “The Dow hitting 40,000 by the end of the decade, the NASDAQ advancing at least ten times from its October 2001 lows to around 13,500, and potentially as high as 20,000 by 2009…The Great Boom resurging into its final and strongest stage in 2007, and even more fully in 2008, lasting until late 2009 to early 2010.” ... Of course, those who read The Roaring 2000s, Dent's 1999 masterpiece, should soon be buying each of us a turkey with all the fixin's. According to the book, only a year remains before the Dow breaks 40,000 and the Nasdaq hits 20,000, at which time we'll simply amplify our fortunes by shorting stocks in the coming depression. We can’t underestimate how big this final move up will be before the depression kicks in, since The Dow and Nasdaq are currently quite a bit lower than they were back in 1999 when The Roaring 2000s was published."

Harry Dent - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

You think I have some godly power to change the world economy?

No so why do you believe other can turn an economy on a dime ?

Extrafire

Council Member
Mar 31, 2005
Prince George, BC
And we are seeing signs of finally pulling out of the 2007/2009 recession.
You wish. And to tell the truth, so do I. But I have to be realistic. I'll put my money on this scenario.
Q: How long do you predict the current conditions will last?

A: This present crash and severe downturn will likely last into mid- to late 2012, with a minor reprieve into early to mid-2009 for stocks and a temporary economic recovery from mid- to late 2009 into as late as early to mid-2010 – from the strong stimulus and rescue plans in the U.S. and around the world. But that rebound, if it occurs, will be quickly thwarted by rising inflation, interest and mortgage rates and commodity/oil prices into late 2009 to mid-2010. Then, inflation becomes the problem and governments can’t keep stimulating the economy and will have to raise interest rates instead. That and higher oil prices bring down the economy by mid-2010 and we finally see the necessary deflation and depression to bring real estate, stock and commodity prices to much lower, more sustainable levels

Extrafire

Council Member
Mar 31, 2005
Prince George, BC

Francis2004

Subjective Poster
Nov 18, 2008
Lower Mainland, BC
It's a graph of polling results for the first 100 days of his presidency. What else would it be?

A graph of a poll is representative of what then ? Is a pie chart representative of a pie or the numbers associated to it ?

The graph of the a poll is of a poll period.. Call a spade a spade and stop beating around the bush..

Of course not. That's not how polls are done, you should know that.

Yes having been in politics I know very well how polls are done. I also know they can be skewed very easily by how the question is asked or what answers are offered. Thats why I only trust exit polls..

No, that's just one kind of poll.

Of course not but its the only true accurate poll.. Why do you think other polls have a +/- accuracy with disclaimer on it ?

Extrafire

Council Member
Mar 31, 2005
Prince George, BC
It's a graph of polling results for the first 100 days of his presidency. What else would it be?

A graph of a poll is representative of what then ? Is a pie chart representative of a pie or the numbers associated to it ?

The graph of the a poll is of a poll period.. Call a spade a spade and stop beating around the bush..
What are you talking about?

Yes having been in politics I know very well how polls are done. I also know they can be skewed very easily by how the question is asked or what answers are offered. Thats why I only trust exit polls..

No, that's just one kind of poll.

Of course not but its the only true accurate poll.. Why do you think other polls have a +/- accuracy with disclaimer on it ?
You were in politics??? Well I guess it takes all kinds. Exit polls have been known to be wrong too. Sometimes people don't want to say how they voted. But accurate or not, exit polls have the disadvantage of being too late to be useful and only give a slight preview of the only accurate poll, the vote.

SirJosephPorter

Time Out
Nov 7, 2008
Ontario
I suggest you don't know what the word "reality" means and the your response is to prove it. How pathetic.

Differing perspectives may result in differing perceptions of reality, but that will not change the fact that there is only one reality. As an analogy, if I hang a red flag in a tree, my bro-in-law, being colour blind, will see the flag as the same colour as the tree, whereas I will see two different colours. Two different perceptions of the colour, but only one reality.

Understand yet?

Really? Well, human eye can differentiate only so much. The red colour you see is a mixture of several different colours. There is no way the color will have exactly the same wavelength all over; it will differ from one place to another on the flag by at least a few nanometers.

What you see as one color is actually a spectrum of colors. Color red has a wavelength of about 650 nm (I looked it up). But it actually is a spectrum from say, 620 to 680 nm. If you measure the wavelength of the light emanating from the flag, it probably will show a range of colors different shades of red (which are not discernible to the naked eye).

So, you say the color is red, a spectrograph will say it is a range of colors. Which reality is t he correct one? Is your reality the correct one because you say so?

The fact is, all the realities are correct. If your bro-in-law is color blind, then the color he sees (with his limited abilities) is his reality. If you (with your limited abilities) see only one color, red, that is your reality. It is all subjective.

Scientific reality, now that is different. Scientific reality here is that it is a range of colors, with the average wavelength around 650 nm (the color red). Scientific reality is the objective reality. What we observe is the subjective reality. Subjective reality holds in the field of politics (who is the better politician?), economics (where is the economy headed?), religion (which is the true God?) etc. Objective reality rules in physics, chemistry, biology, etc.

SirJosephPorter

Time Out
Nov 7, 2008
Ontario

What is he doing? I assume he is hoping from the sidelines that Obama fails, he takes his cue from his guru, drug addict Rush Limbaugh.

The Republican philosophy is that the country must be ruined, destroyed first before republicans can win the election, take over and rescue it. So I assume he is hoping for another Great Depression. Then his party will win by a landslide.