What Do You Love About Canada? (And What Don't You Love?)

countryboy

Traditionally Progressive
Nov 30, 2009
BC
Good: We have a huge expanse of geography
Bad: Tough country to run, give our huge expanse of geography

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Good - opportunity for those with ambition, ingenuity and energy.
Bad- devisiveness between different geographic regions.

Yep, we bitch about paying 55 cents for a postage stamp, but some of those stamps travel 1000 miles by dog sled, or worse still carried by bush plane along with 3 other letters in the Canadian north.

lone wolf

Grossly Underrated
Nov 25, 2006
In the bush near Sudbury
Yep, we bitch about paying 55 cents for a postage stamp, but some of those stamps travel 1000 miles by dog sled, or worse still carried by bush plane along with 3 other letters in the Canadian north.

Some of those stamps may travel a couple of hundred miles just to be mailed to your next-door-neighbour too....

countryboy

Nov 30, 2009
BC
Good: Buckwheat pancakes in Winnipeg
Bad: No buckwheat pancakes in BC (at least, I haven't found them yet!)

countryboy

Nov 30, 2009
BC
Good: The TTC Street Cars in Toronto
Bad: The street cars have disappeared in the rest of our cities (I think...)

countryboy

Nov 30, 2009
BC
Good: Our proud military heritage
Bad: How some don't appreciate it, and learn from it

AnnaG

Hall of Fame Member
Jul 5, 2009
I have a huge list of good stuff.
On the bad side, though:
politics and its effects,
pollution and its effects,
population growth and its effects.

talloola

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 14, 2006
Vancouver Island
I love this country because it is very peaceful and diplomatic and
so am I.
What I don't like is the disrespect and poor treatment of the native
population, who were here before us.

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
We are not a common identity, we can attack each other complain about each other and express the most uncomplimentary things about each other, but let someone from outside the country say those things about our brothers and sisters and we defend the people we bitch about, We are artful complainers . We constantly want
change but if anyone tries to change anything we protest the very change we asked
for.
What I don't like is we are allowing more and more people into Canada that just don't fit in with the rest. We allow people to come and the next thing they want to
abide by the laws and customs they left behind. We have to make better decisions
on who gets to come here and who doesn't.

Chev

Electoral Member
Feb 10, 2009
Alberta
Good: We are a caring people who welcome foreigners to our land.

Bad: We'll let anybody in.
So true, doesn't matter if it's people who want to abide by Canada's laws, or people who are criminals, terrorists, etc., The Canadian government accepts them all. This is NOT a good thing.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
The scenery!

Canadians!

The freedoms, speech, choice, worship, movement, career, education etc. etc. are among the best.

Fears of harm caused by things like lax justice system, political correctness and unfair treatment (the criminal has more rights than seniors who have worked all their lives) are among the worst.

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta
The freedoms, speech, choice, worship, movement, career, education etc. etc. are among the best.
Fears of harm caused by things like lax justice system, political correctness and unfair treatment (the criminal has more rights than seniors who have worked all their lives) are among the worst.