What are you listening to right now?

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003
Never heard another who put so much emotion in her music. Still my all time favorite singer.

My mom use to listen to her. It's the only time I'd catch my mom singing.

My uncle took me to see: A closer walk with Patsy Cline. The lady who played Patsy had an amazing voice. You wouldn't have been able to tell the difference between her and Patsy. It was so powerful, that in the little playhouse, she didn't need any amplification. It went right through you. It was spectacular. Brought tears to my eyes when they got to the plane crash portion.

A Closer Walk with Patsy Cline - Home

Ludlow

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 7, 2014
wherever i sit down my ars
My mom use to listen to her. It's the only time I'd catch my mom singing.

My uncle took me to see: A closer walk with Patsy Cline. The lady who played Patsy had an amazing voice. You wouldn't have been able to tell the difference between her and Patsy. It was so powerful, that in the little playhouse, she didn't need any amplification. It went right through you. It was spectacular. Brought tears to my eyes when they got to the plane crash portion.

A Closer Walk with Patsy Cline - Home
I could listen to her all day. If I close my eyes, her music takes me back to a better time and place. We all loved her singing.

Half Heaven Half Heartache ~ Gene Pitney. I remember us having the old two sided record of this one long ago. I think the other side was only love can break a heart. This guy had a lot of range.

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003
It's amazing what music and memories can do for our mental health.

I use to love listening to Willie Nelson. I grew up hearing his voice in our living room. My dad would sit quietly, in his easy chair, with dimmed lighting just listening and thinking.

I haven't been able to hear Willie's voice without becoming very very sad since my dad died. I'll be able to listen to him again and it won't cause such heartache, but not just yet.

Ludlow

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 7, 2014
wherever i sit down my ars
It's amazing what music and memories can do for our mental health.

I use to love listening to Willie Nelson. I grew up hearing his voice in our living room. My dad would sit quietly, in his easy chair, with dimmed lighting just listening and thinking.

I haven't been able to hear Willie's voice without becoming very very sad since my dad died. I'll be able to listen to him again and it won't cause such heartache, but not just yet.
Short story about Willie. As a struggling song writer in Nashville Willie sold the rights to a song he wrote for fifty dollars. Back then maybe a weeks worth of groceries. The name of the song," Crazy", recorded by Patsy Cline." My favorite Willie tune, " It's funny how time slips away"

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003
Short story about Willie. As a struggling song writer in Nashville Willie sold the rights to a song he wrote for fifty dollars. Back then maybe a weeks worth of groceries. The name of the song," Crazy", recorded by Patsy Cline." My favorite Willie tune, " It's funny how time slips away"

I did not know that.

My favourite song by Willie is Georgia on my Mind. It's also my favourite version of this song. Normally I'd pick Billy Holiday's version of anything, but not in this case.

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
Erasure

Chorus
(1991)

Always (1994)

Don't Say you Love Me (2005)

billshaver

Electoral Member
Sep 7, 2015
jerry colonas rendition of ROAD TO MANADALAY!

Peter dawsons australia..!& road to mandalay, !& waltzing matilda!