What are Canadians' Opinions of America?

Jay

Executive Branch Member
Jan 7, 2005
I think not said:
darkbeaver said:
Chomsky is an American patriot, if it wern,t for the like of him I would already have unleashed the Liegions of The Darkbeaver and democratized and freed your downtrodden masses. :lol:
By the way ITN who are your heros?

Chomsky is the personification of American democracy, he can call for the destruction of the US system and all it represents and get rich off of it.

Thomas Paine
George Washington
Martin Luther King Jr.
Alexander Hamilton

In that order.

I am ITN's hero....and once I become someone's hero, there is no need for other heroes in their lives.

Jay

Executive Branch Member
Jan 7, 2005
Re: RE: What are Canadians' Opinions of America?

meta4r said:
Yeah, he did that to one of my other posts too. (or was that the beav?) He emphasized the most radical and controversial aspects of my posts, inviting disruptive feedback. Maybe he's trying to set you up there?

Naw, we all do it, and I do it a lot. It's part of the game of keeping things interesting and fun.

DasFX

Electoral Member
Dec 6, 2004
Whitby, Ontario
krayzy-kutie said:
I dont hate America. I dislike certain things about them. I hate the way they dont really know anything about Canada, honestly how many Americans can say they really know Canada. Here in schools in Canada we learn about the states, their imports,outports,politics,trades,currency,military...the whole American system.We hear about them in the media and almost everywhere else we look. I have never known an American that can tell me all of that about Canada.

We aren't relevant to the US, that is something we must face. It isn't a slight against us, it is just a simple fact. We learn about the US because the US is very important to us (too important in my opinion). We are the US's single largest trading partner in terms of total trade, but we still only represent about 20% of total trade.

http://www.census.gov/foreign-trade/statistics/highlights/top/top0406.html

Whereas we overwhelmingly trade with the US, to the point where we are very dependent.

http://www.2ontario.com/welcome/coca_401.asp

If you look at the next largest trading partners, (Japan, China, UK and Mexico) how much do we know about them?

Besides Americans have trouble keeping track of their 50 states, let alone other countries.

Sometimes I think its best the Americans forget we are here, solitude is nice.

I think not

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 12, 2005
The Evil Empire

Mogz said:
A Canadian invented the snowmobile? I thought it was an American (not unless is name was Bombardier, good strong American name that...)

The earliest snowmobiles were modified Ford Model Ts with the undercarriage replaced with tracks and skis. They were popular for rural mail delivery for a time. This early history [1] can be traced to Carl Eliason [2] in Saynor, Wisconsin with his first hand built model completed in 1924. He was granted a U.S. patent in 1927. Polaris Industries in Roseau, Minnesota, in the United States Midwest, was a pioneer in the production of purpose-built snowmobiles.

The relatively dry snow conditions of the United States Midwest made the converted model Ts and other like vehicles not suitable for operation in more humid snow areas such as Southern Quebec. This led Joseph-Armand Bombardier of the small town of Valcourt in Quebec, Canada, to invent a different caterpillar track system suitable for all kinds of snow conditions. (The Kegresse track, a similar rubber track, was used on off-road halftrack military trucks before and during World War Two. It was developed by France and used in a variety of combat vehicles by the U.S. [3]) He started production of a large, enclosed, seven-passenger snowmobile in 1937, and introduced another enclosed twelve-passenger model in 1942.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Snowmobile

Seems that you were both right.

outspoken2

Feb 19, 2006
An America response to Canadians--------------
As two countries that share a common border, we are very similar:
We have Politicians, free speech for the most part. hate laws, crime, we are industrilized, some people recognize the freedom of choice we have, religious freedom, freedom to travel within our seperate borders without a travel pertmit, to cross and go into each others contries without much fuss, our internationa borders are for the most part pretty secure, BUT, we do get the occasional A--hole who wants to destroy our way of life because their life SUCKS, other than that United States and Canada are very similar in their opinion of others.

twotoques

Jan 7, 2006
South Bruce Peninsula

Mogz said:
*Sigh*

Thank you for the english lesson Mogz. Shouldn,t you have said(you told the lady ) not (you tell the lady).

And thats Mr Darkbeaver to you grunt.

Here's what I wrote:

That said you tell lady

The word "the" does not appear in that sentance, as I was refering to Lady Pro, hence you tell lady. I have a kung-fu grip on the English language. So sit down.

With regard to me being a grunt, i'm not an infanteer, therefore not a grunt. Any other desperate attempts to be witty beaver? If so, post them in the next 4 minutes as I have to go to the gym.

P.S.

I just saw this

Your english is worse than mine Mogz, and by the way many of the poor you shit on are ex military, guys with missing limbs that got the shaft from Uncle Sam, some of them thought at one time like you do now. Hard to drag yourself out of the gutter when you don,t have arms or your blind Mogz.

My English is fine beaver, but thanks for attempting to lower me to your abismal level. Keep in mind there is a difference between punctuation and grammar. As for "shitting" on people, it's been a while since I took a dump on anyone. If you wish to discuss the effect of U.S. capitalism on U.S. poverty rates, do so with me in another thread and let Lady Pro gather her info. It's the polite thing to do.

P.P.S.

I love you beaver.

P.P.P.S

Yeah I butchered the spelling of surmise. Don't ask me where that came from, call it one of those "errors whilst typing quickly". call it that? Please? :idea:

I don't correct spelling or grammar in forums or message boards. I try to ignore those kinds of mistakes even though sometimes it makes it difficult trying to figure what some people are trying to say.

But you guys started it. I have only one more thing to say.

Abysmal. With a y.