Votes: 3 15.0%
  • No

Votes: 17 85.0%

• Total voters

Liberalman

Senate Member
Mar 18, 2007
Toronto
A good economy requires spending and when that stops then there is more unemployment just because no one is buying business products and services.

Welfare keeps the money flowing and the economy strong.

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
A good economy requires spending and when that stops then there is more unemployment just because no one is buying business products and services.

Welfare keeps the money flowing and the economy strong.

Liberal logic .

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
I still don't understand how anyone can begrudge a person doing well. If they work hard and make a million or so, why should they apologize? Because they're successful, why are they penalized and hated? I believe its envy to the nth degree and people are jealous. They pay more than their share of taxes but its seems not to be enough for some "progressives". How much tax is enough? 90%?
What would be the incentive to working hard to improve your lot in life if there are those who want to take it all away?

We're becoming such a "me" society - i.e. what's in it for ME - its incredible. Stop being lazy and doing "sit-ins" in the parks, stop demanding stuff from other people; get an education and bloody work for your money and perhaps you too can become wealthy. Envy and jealousy won't get you anywhere and certainly won't feed, cloth and house you.

JMHO

Pe nis envy.

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
I still don't understand how anyone can begrudge a person doing well. If they work hard and make a million or so, why should they apologize? Because they're successful, why are they penalized and hated? I believe its envy to the nth degree and people are jealous. They pay more than their share of taxes but its seems not to be enough for some "progressives". How much tax is enough? 90%?
What would be the incentive to working hard to improve your lot in life if there are those who want to take it all away?

We're becoming such a "me" society - i.e. what's in it for ME - its incredible. Stop being lazy and doing "sit-ins" in the parks, stop demanding stuff from other people; get an education and bloody work for your money and perhaps you too can become wealthy. Envy and jealousy won't get you anywhere and certainly won't feed, cloth and house you.

JMHO

You have a point. We cannot all be rich. What would be the point eh. But a lot more of us could be moderately rich if there were far fewer filthy rich. Why don.t you want to be moderately rich? Why don't you see it is those filthy rich who are holding you back? My god! you must be filthy rich.

tay

Hall of Fame Member
May 20, 2012
The problem isn't welfare pays to much but that the minimum wage is to low............

The next time you walk into McDonald’s and shell out your three bucks for a Big Mac, it is worth remembering that the real cost of your “food” is more than that. The person who cooked your burger is getting paid so little that you, the taxpayer, pay $7 billion per year to help fast food employees make ends meet.

A group that advocates for better pay in the fast food industry released a recording yesterday of a phone call between a McDonald’s employee and the company’s worker-assistance hotline that reveals that the $7 billion figure is no accident. McDonald’s wants its employees to rely on federal assistance.

In the recording, an operator with the fast food chain’s “McResources” line tells a struggling employee that she should get on food stamps and Medicaid in order to provide for her family.

more

McDonald's Tells Underpaid Employee Nancy Salgado To Go On Food Stamps, Medicaid

www.youtube.com/watch?v=4InCis9FH6c

Machjo

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 19, 2004
Ottawa, ON
Welfare Reform

1. Drug Test all recipients.

2. You collect a check, you being paid by the government to look for work, provide a list of 5 places you contacted per day. 25 a week.

3. Re-school some recipients with trades.. welding ticket, plumber ticket, mechanics, construction

Hmmm... you do realise that providing quality skills training would actually raise the cost of social security in the short-term, no?

Now don't get me wrong. I'd be more htan happy to pay higher taxes now to get everyone working and paying taxes so as to pay fewr taxes later. It's a wonderful investment.

But by the appearance of the poll, that's not what you had in mind.

tay

Hall of Fame Member
May 20, 2012
People have such short memories.............

From July through October in Florida — the four months when testing took place before Judge Scriven’s order — 2.6 percent of the state’s cash assistance applicants failed the drug test, or 108 of 4,086, according to the figures from the state obtained by the group. The most common reason was marijuana use. An additional 40 people canceled the tests without taking them.

Because the Florida law requires that applicants who pass the test be reimbursed for the cost, an average of $30, the cost to the state was $118,140.

This is $45,000.00 more than would have been paid out in benefits to the people who failed the test, Mr. Newton said.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/04/18/u...fare-drug-tests.html?_r=1&partner=rss&emc=rss

Omicron

Privy Council
Jul 28, 2010
Vancouver
Welfare should be eliminated.

We don't need it.

There is no need. We are getting lazier and lazier and people should learn to work for themselves, instead of off of the government. And some might say, "children need it," but, if you can't afford living for yourself, don't have children. Easy as that. Therefore; welfare should be eliminated.

Besides you get immigrants that come to Canada and the USA and live 10 families to a home and collect welfare, from Pakistan and Somalia, scamming the government..

What do you say??

I say you should quit masturbating.

BOOMer, do you like living in civilization or not?

http://stuff.digitalock.com/Will.I.Am-AlexOnTheSpot.mp3

Do you even know what civilizaton is?

I think you don't. It's when people gang up and cooperate in order to have a superior and more secure life like when cells gang up to make bodies with brains capable of seeing colour. Do you really want to go back to living Australopithican?

Today'sTea-Party Republicans are nasty little brain-damaged heads spinning around spitting vitriolic hatred against any cells ganging up to be smarter and therefore a threat against them.

Christ. How does anyone show them their greatest enemy is their own?

It is exactly the behavior Lucifer would encourage and coordinate. In heaven Lucifer ranted about how everyone teaming up and being nice to each other was against the cosmic principal of how a vicous need to survive created the Heavanly Father, which He will never talk about.

All we know is, Heavenly Father (aka Allah) came out of a situation He refuses to talk about, and from that all we know is He wants to see people get along.

Everywhere, more and more, you will see that the tendancy is for things to go Lucifer's way, including for you to keep your mouth shut if you want to live.

The whole point of prophesy was not that it has to be, but that if you keep going that way, that's what you get.

Nowhere did Heavenly Father (aka Allah) say for you to be a spiritual slave. Nowhere. Lucifer says spiritual slave, but HF does not, ever. Every step of the way , HF says to go ahead and kill Lucifer if you can, while in the mean time if you're good, HF will spend the energy to keep your soul alive after your body dies.

http://stuff.digitalock.com/Knocking on Heaven`s Door - YouTube.flv

Last edited: