• No

Votes: 17 85.0%

• Total voters

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
How are they scamming Canadian welfare, EI, CPP or OAS these days.

Same way they are scamming in other countries..

My ex-wifes boss is from India and does not like his own people calling them scammers.. is he racist.. he explained to my ex-wife that they scam the government with several families collecting social services and other working all living under the same roof.

Unfortunately, this is a draw for new immigrants, it stresses the system and people who "really need assistance" may not get it.

I think that any NEW immigrant should be barred from welfare.. for at least 10 years.. if they try to collect it, send them back.

It's not just NEW CANADIANS abusing the system.. the reason it needs to be cancelled or revamped big time.

welfare Fraud in Ontario Canada | Blog Talk Radio

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
ES is welfare Federal or State?

There are federal programs but state as well. There is a bevy of free things available.

Massachusetts Welfare is a very good deal I know that. Up until recently they could use their cards for beauty salons and tattoo parlors as an example.

I listened to the Governor in radio interview and he said not paying for people on welfare's trips to the nail salon is simply mean because what if a woman was getting her nails done for a job interview!?

We all know woman can't do their own finger nails these days... that's unheard of!

Murica

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Common law couple from 2009? That's the best you have? B00Mer?

Where are the big time scammers? The Somalis and Sudanese the UN sent here from E Africa? The ones who owe the UN $32K for setting them up with jobs, airfare and living allowance while they did nothing for 6 months packed into boarding houses with crazy rents?

If you wanrt to talk scam look into theirs stories and how the ended up in meat factories and cold foods in grocery warehouses stuck in UN contracts and can't find other jobs until the UN is repaid.

But it's all good in the end because work will set them free.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
There are federal programs but state as well. There is a bevy of free things available.

Massachusetts Welfare is a very good deal I know that. Up until recently they could use their cards for beauty salons and tattoo parlors as an example.

I listened to the Governor in radio interview and he said not paying for people on welfare's trips to the nail salon is simply mean because what if a woman was getting her nails done for a job interview!?

We all know woman can't do their own finger nails these days... that's unheard of!

Murica

If they wear gloves to the interview, nails aren't a problem. Any more problems you want solved? -:)

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
How are they scamming Canadian welfare, EI, CPP or OAS these days.

ES is welfare Federal or State?
Both. The basic Federal welfare cash-in-aid is called Temporary Assistance to Needy Families. The Federal government also provides food stamps and housing subsidies, as well as medical care.

States also provide assistance to the poor, varying from state to state. Much of this assistance is partly Federally funded, but administered by the states.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
If they wear gloves to the interview, nails aren't a problem. Any more problems you want solved? -:)

Oh even the mere joking of such a sensitive issue would brand you here as a mean spirited rich white man! Perhaps even a racist and against women!

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
Ya, great idea, eliminate welfare, shut all the little businesses where the money is spent, what a good way to get a revolt going, what a genius idea. The problem of poverty in the west will be handled by eliminating the poor, they're all ready useless and empty anyway. Even then nothing can save the American economy or Canaduhs. We got very bad economic advisers.

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
Ya, great idea, eliminate welfare, shut all the little businesses where the money is spent, what a good way to get a revolt going, what a genius idea. The problem of poverty in the west will be handled by eliminating the poor, they're all ready useless and empty anyway. Even then nothing can save the American economy or Canaduhs. We got very bad economic advisers.

Why not go back to the days when assistance was given by the churches... the people getting aid can maybe learn morals about living right and becoming a effective part of society.

They still have plenty of Missions throughout the USA where homeless and poor can receive aid and get shelter.

It's more personal and one on one..

You know the Langley, BC Food Bank fired a guy who made a judgement call.. a fella rolls up in a Mercedes, smoking a cigarette saying he required food..

A mother came in right after with her kids and they were almost out of resources.. the fella running the Food Bank gave the last of the food to the mother and kids..

Of course the fella who could afford the Mercedes and could afford cigarettes complained and the young man lost his job.

Was a Holiday season.. Christmas or Turkey Day

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Oh even the mere joking of such a sensitive issue would brand you here as a mean spirited rich white man! Perhaps even a racist and against women!

Well, you'd be wrong on one count, I ain't rich. I've always found that having a sense of humour gets one through many difficulties in life.

Why not go back to the days when assistance was given by the churches... the people getting aid can maybe learn morals about living right and becoming a effective part of society.

If I was destitute and in dire need of help, would I be able to get it from a church (Salvation Army excepted) without being made to feel beholden to a bunch of hypocrites?

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
Welfare Reform

1. Drug Test all recipients.

2. You collect a check, you being paid by the government to look for work, provide a list of 5 places you contacted per day. 25 a week.

3. Re-school some recipients with trades.. welding ticket, plumber ticket, mechanics, construction

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia

They still have plenty of Missions throughout the USA where homeless and poor can receive aid and get shelter.

It's more personal and one on one..

You know the Langley, BC Food Bank fired a guy who made a judgement call.. a fella rolls up in a Mercedes, smoking a cigarette saying he required food..

A mother came in right after with her kids and they were almost out of resources.. the fella running the Food Bank gave the last of the food to the mother and kids..

Of course the fella who could afford the Mercedes and could afford cigarettes complained and the young man lost his job.

Boomer, that's a stock article, a column stuffer for Inquirer readers.
The poor must be fed and coddled or the government must war openly against them. There is no fix for the western economy in any welfare elimination for the poor program. Any savings would be burnt up in crowd control. The central banks must be told they ain't getting bailed out ever again and states must issue their own currencies. There must be debt forgiveness or the west, as we know it, goes down the tubes.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
Well, you'd be wrong on one count, I ain't rich. I've always found that having a sense of humour gets one through many difficulties in life.

And I am sure you are neither a racist nor against women. However that is the typical response you would get down here.

If I was destitute and in dire need of help, would I be able to get it from a church (Salvation Army excepted) without being made to feel beholden to a bunch of hypocrites?

But being beholden to the government is OK.

Ahhhh... who am I kidding... these are "entitlements". These folks are entitled to a comfy living without work.

WLDB

Senate Member
Jun 24, 2011
Ottawa
It doesnt get you above the poverty line here so its not very much. Even in the cheapest places its hard to live off of welfare alone. Id say reform and tighten it and aggressively weed out the abusers, not scrap it altogether.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
It doesnt get you above the poverty line here so its not very much. Even in the cheapest places its hard to live off of welfare alone. Id say reform and tighten it and aggressively weed out the abusers, not scrap it altogether.

Then you folks are doing it right.

Here in the US, you do better on welfare than most entry level jobs and some states are better than other.

It pays better not to work than to go out and get a job.

I am proud to say we are #3 in the US for most "bennys"!

Look out Hawaii and Connecticut! We're coming!

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
But being beholden to the government is OK.

Ahhhh... who am I kidding... these are "entitlements". These folks are entitled to a comfy living without work.

Nah, I've supported the Gov't most of my life so being beholden ain't likely to happen! -:)

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
Nah, I've supported the Gov't most of my life so being beholden ain't likely to happen! -:)

That's because you worked JLM.

However... down here you would be reminded who now butters your bread and demand obedience at the polls. The current government believes that your money is their money first and we all should be happy with what they allow us to keep.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON
lazier and lazier... more entitled... but voting more and more.

I don't know about Canada's welfare state but in the US it is pretty lucrative. Pretty much everything is free plus a good deal of spending money. If you need more spending money the system offers plenty of opportunity for fraud.

To quote the famous woman from Clevelend...

"He gave us a phone... he gonna do more."

I think your system works better from what I have seen. Still abuse but from my wife's state of WV, when she was on assistance, the state paid a good chunk of her rent, gave her food stamps for food, and allowed her to work as she was able without penalizing her for her effort (up to a point I think).

I think the big problem with Canada's system is they give cash. Somebody gets a government cheque, goes out and parties for the weekend and then is begging on the street because they have no more money for rent or food. There is no semblance of control. If assistance is to be provided, it should be in the form of housing and food.

My daughter got laid off in July. She has been scrambling to find another job but is having difficulty. Finally convinced her to start the process with the welfare people. It is for people like her that the system should be working. But there are lifelong welfare cases which abuse this sytem.

My vote would not be yes or no but reform.

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
People on welfare and the people in charge don't see a thing wrong with the way things are.

One or two? lmao

It must be nice in the Great White North to be completely sheltered from what I see just about every day.

And whose bailing out the "rich white men"? The people in charge. And of course it is only "rich white men"... no others get bailed out right? Talk about Kool-Aid.

You get my point though. If you don't want your money going to stupid things, it makes more sense to tackle the tax issue altogether, doesn't it? The fact that the focus is on welfare recipients, and not arts funding, corporate welfare, etc., is symptomatic of someone having sold you the idea that these people specifically are stealing your money. You know what? I have way less issue with an uneducated trailer trash momma getting my tax dollars, than I do with a million dollar painting, or an interpretive dance exhibition, or a corporation, getting it.

Welfare Reform

1. Drug Test all recipients.

2. You collect a check, you being paid by the government to look for work, provide a list of 5 places you contacted per day. 25 a week.

3. Re-school some recipients with trades.. welding ticket, plumber ticket, mechanics, construction

Most welfare recipients I know are such due to disabilities, and drug testing them would show exactly what we already know, they're on opiates and marijuana.

lol. Oh come on now, stop wringing your hands, and calm down about a simple saying.