US Election 2020 🇺🇸 🤯

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
It is a pay cut for most Canadian with jobs.
It is a lot more than the average Canadian gets by on.

Wrong

The median after-tax income of Canadian families and unattached individuals was $61,400 in 2018, virtually unchanged from 2017. For non-senior families, where the highest income earner was under 65 years of age, the median after-tax income was $91,600 in 2018, up $2,300 from 2017.Feb 24, 2020
https://www150.statcan.gc.ca › daily...

Hoid

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 15, 2017
Wrong

The median after-tax income of Canadian families and unattached individuals was $61,400 in 2018, virtually unchanged from 2017. For non-senior families, where the highest income earner was under 65 years of age, the median after-tax income was $91,600 in 2018, up $2,300 from 2017.Feb 24, 2020
https://www150.statcan.gc.ca › daily...
RE read what I said.

$2,000 a month is more money than most Canadians get by on - not more money than the average Canadian wage-earner earns.

A subtle but important distinction.

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
RE read what I said.
$2,000 a month is more money than most Canadians get by on - not more money than the average Canadian wage-earner earns.
A subtle but important distinction.

Link to the stat to back up your claim because everything I can find is well above the 2k per month.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Link to the stat to back up your claim because everything I can find is well above the 2k per month.

Looks like about 65% of the Canadian population is full-time employed. That would mean you have to include the other 1/3 as getting their sustenance from the employed (dependent kids, non-working spoused, &c.).

I don't know what the numbers are, but you can play with 'em half a dozen different ways. For example, you could also say that the amount you "live on" would have to be reduced by taxes withheld from your pay.

Probably not worth the dance, unless you're really bored.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
I believe there would be a heck of a lot more desperation get the economy open if there was a Democrat in the WH.

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC

Ocean Breeze

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 5, 2005
As long as Covid -19 is an issue Trump is going to get wumped! :) He has to get a grip two facts...…………….1. He is not smarter than the doctors. 2. Peoples' health trumps any political issue, jobs included.
Wanna bet that Trump might try to delay the elections.......using the virus as an excuse?? He is not going to let go of the power he enjoys so much all that easily.........and given how low he is prepared to go ...one can expect just about anything. His disinfectant injection comments really demonstrate his total incompetence. Primarily his MENTAL incompetence. He says a LOT of stupid things.........but this one was the big one. Any human being should be totally appalled....We, who worked in the medical field are astounded. and fearful......as people ,when afraid / desperate will try anything.....and if a POTUS says it...... they will take him literally.

Who in their RIGHT MIND would even think such an idea??

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
Wanna bet that Trump might try to delay the elections.......using the virus as an excuse?? He is not going to let go of the power he enjoys so much all that easily.........and given how low he is prepared to go ...one can expect just about anything. His disinfectant injection comments really demonstrate his total incompetence. Primarily his MENTAL incompetence. He says a LOT of stupid things.........but this one was the big one. Any human being should be totally appalled....We, who worked in the medical field are astounded. and fearful......as people ,when afraid / desperate will try anything.....and if a POTUS says it...... they will take him literally.

Who in their RIGHT MIND would even think such an idea??
Do you have any idea about who and how an American election date can be changed ? Let me give you a hint , it is not the President .

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
TEXAS

Trump 49% (+5)

Biden 44%

That's a little close and it shouldn't be.
Why ? Normal people don’t answer polls skewing the sample size , and pollsters generally frame questions to get certain results .

Avro52

Time Out
Mar 19, 2020
Oh, so you two have read the criteria for this poll.

Do tell?

Do you even know who did it?

He’s still winning btw, no need to quiver in fear.

Avro52

Time Out
Mar 19, 2020
Does it matter? The only hope the Dems. have is to keep the country on lockdown until Nov.

Uh huh.....so when are the mass arrests taking place?

Have you heard from Q yet?

Will it be before or after Roger Stone goes to jail this week?