Up-Coming Royal Wedding.....

PoliticalNick

The Troll Bashing Troll
Mar 8, 2011
Edson, AB
gee, really? You learned something new? How is that? You've been telling me "how it is".
Actually I was having a discussion with Talloola.....you just jumped in the middle stomping your feet like a spoiled little child who wants to be the center of attention.

Or, have you been talking out your ass. Repeating crap that you've heard from others that have been talking out their ass instead of learning the truth.
Another wonderful educated response!

Do you even know the concepts of polite discourse, an open exchange of ideas, acting like a gentleman.

I think you may need to head back to kindy-garden and learn how to play well with others or is that where you were bullied and it all started? Maybe your momma should have removed you from the teat sooner before you were 12. Maybe you were a bottle baby and that is the problem. I am not sure where you anger comes from but you may want to seek some help before it gets you in real trouble one day

If you think your abusive words and tone generate any respect for yourself you are sadly mistaken. Just maybe for once try to have an intelligent, adult conversation. Listen to others views and opinions, clearly state your own with proper logic and reason and without yelling, cursing or abusivness. I am man enough to accept and admit when I am wrong..how about you?

Of course given what I have seen of you in these forums I highly doubt you have enough self-esteem and confidence to ever apologize for your behavior. You exhibit many of the most common traits of the bully that was once the abused and I actually feel sorry for you.

Corduroy

Senate Member
Feb 9, 2011
Vancouver, BC
When any of the royal family visit, I feel like a hostess citizen showing our country off, and making
a guest comfortable, it is such tradition, and I like tradition.

But they're our royal family too. They aren't guests. You should just be like "oh hey you're back, there's chow mein in the fridge if you want any."

PoliticalNick

The Troll Bashing Troll
Mar 8, 2011
Edson, AB
I don't think its 'cool' when the royals visit canada, I am sincerely glad and welcome them here, it might be 'cool' to some to see celebrities/entertainers/
rock stars etc., but I wouldn't go across the street to view any of them.
Sorry if you don't like he term cool, its just my word to basically describe what you are saying. Must be a generational thing.

When any of the royal family visit, I feel like a hostess citizen showing our country off, and making
a guest comfortable, it is such tradition, and I like tradition.
There are many traditions I can do without but I understand were you are coming from.

Even as much as I love hockey, I never have looked upon a hockey super star as anyone but a great
athlete whom I enjoy and respect their abilities, but I would never, and never have, asked for an
autograph or stood in line to 'get a look'.
I feel the same way about athletes and rock stars and actors etc. I just happen to think they have all done a lot more to earn my respect than the royals whose best talent appears to be the royal wave.

I was a teen ager when the queens father died, so I remember her becoming queen at a very young age,
and I remember her marriage, and I remember the birth of all of her children, etc etc., so with all
of those memories I look forward to her grandson's marriage, and her great grandchildren to come.
Plesae accept this as a compliment but I had for some reason assumed you were much younger than that.

I assume as my generation dies off, and my childrens as well, those with your
opinion will become the majority, it is sad to me, but seems logical that as
time goes by more and more will lose interest in the tradition, and with no
memories of the royals in their lives, they will not have reasons to be interested.
I believe you are most likely right, the monarchy has had its day and is a dying institution that loses support an an almost daily basis. I know many from my generation (in our 40's) that have no use for them and have passed that on to our children. Maybe if Willie beomes king while he is young he might have a chance of restoring something but I really don't see his ascension to the throne for a long time to come.

shadowshiv

Dark Overlord
May 29, 2007
Would this be any worse than that crap that LeBron James spewed out last year, his special called "The Decision"? And how many people ended up watching that? I would rather watch this wedding(but I have no desire to, to be honest) than something inane like that. Heck, I'd rather watch this than "wonderful" television like Jersey Shore.;)

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Actually I was having a discussion with Talloola.....you just jumped in the middle stomping your feet like a spoiled little child who wants to be the center of attention.

Another wonderful educated response!

Do you even know the concepts of polite discourse, an open exchange of ideas, acting like a gentleman.

I think you may need to head back to kindy-garden and learn how to play well with others or is that where you were bullied and it all started? Maybe your momma should have removed you from the teat sooner before you were 12. Maybe you were a bottle baby and that is the problem. I am not sure where you anger comes from but you may want to seek some help before it gets you in real trouble one day

If you think your abusive words and tone generate any respect for yourself you are sadly mistaken. Just maybe for once try to have an intelligent, adult conversation. Listen to others views and opinions, clearly state your own with proper logic and reason and without yelling, cursing or abusivness. I am man enough to accept and admit when I am wrong..how about you?

Of course given what I have seen of you in these forums I highly doubt you have enough self-esteem and confidence to ever apologize for your behavior. You exhibit many of the most common traits of the bully that was once the abused and I actually feel sorry for you.

Yep, you might just have him pegged pretty close, Nick. It's a terrible way to have to live.

talloola

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 14, 2006
Vancouver Island
Sorry if you don't like he term cool, its just my word to basically describe what you are saying. Must be a generational thing.

There are many traditions I can do without but I understand were you are coming from.

I feel the same way about athletes and rock stars and actors etc. I just happen to think they have all done a lot more to earn my respect than the royals whose best talent appears to be the royal wave.

Plesae accept this as a compliment but I had for some reason assumed you were much younger than that.

I believe you are most likely right, the monarchy has had its day and is a dying institution that loses support an an almost daily basis. I know many from my generation (in our 40's) that have no use for them and have passed that on to our children. Maybe if Willie beomes king while he is young he might have a chance of restoring something but I really don't see his ascension to the throne for a long time to come.

Yeah, my kids are in their 40s, so I'm up there allright, but I know I'm a little different than most
70 or so year olds, (well women anyway), because for some reason since I was a little girl I have been
a sports person, loved hockey since I was about 10 years old, and I'm still the same, and my brain can't
seem to become an old person, maybe it never will.
I was in the drug store the other day buying a good lotion for the skin, and when the clerk realized
my age, she almost did a flip, "what ?", you're kidding, I just smiled the usual smile for those
occasions, feels really good.

My grandad was an englishman, born in london, (my mother too, and grandmother), and he was a loyal
and respectful follower of the monarchy, (he had freedom of the city of london), so the monarchy
has always been part of my life, and even I didn't feel like he did, being born in canada, I
was a typical canadian child, but in those days the monarchy was definitely a much closer part of
canada than it is now.

JBeee

Time Out
Jun 1, 2007
its official.. after today`s barrage of everything`royal`...nothing but TCM for the next week.