Up-Coming Royal Wedding.....

PoliticalNick

The Troll Bashing Troll
Mar 8, 2011
Edson, AB
Why should he be punished for his standing in life at his birth, not his doing, or his fault, so
make the best of it, grow up intelligent and have a good life, don't know what people would expect
him to do, commit suicide, he and she are clean living good people, much better than many I see
hanging out on the streets, with their pants below their asses, full of drugs, casing someone's
house, trying to figure out where they can get their next fix.

I am not punishing him for being born into the monarchy or for having been taught from birth god made him better than the rest of us. That is the fault of the elitist society he is part of.
As for clean living, have you seen the reports of her partying her face off all over london and europe and some of the things she has said are ridiculous, he too has been seen just as drunk as any other teenager on various occasions and who knows how much has been hidden by security.
And my kids, along with the greater majority of young people, are not casing out houses to get a fix.

This is similar to those who trash hockey players for being able to make lots of money while they
are young enough and healthy enough to play the game, it's all about 'jealousy', if we can't have
all of that money and 'stuff', then no one should, unless they are willing to scrub toilets and
sweep the streets, pick up your garbage, or do just about any physically demanding job available,
then they will become decent people. What a joke.
I have no problem with hockey players, they are not born into the NHL and work hard to get there and stay there. There is some jealousy but only because injury ended my career in major junior.

Yeah, explain what he should have done growing up, to gain the respect of those who trash him.
Gone to public school and got a real job... pay taxes!

He completed a good education, went into the military and stood tall beside his buddies on the
battlefield, (as much as they would allow him), and his responsibility going through his life,
will be to become the king, (and of course) all kings do is sit around and suck on jelly beans,
and watch the soaps I guess. lol
Actually it was his brother who served on active duty, the prodigal son would never be allowed anywhere near a real battle or active unit. William is part of a special unit that is the queens guard and not even stationed at a regular military base.

Please dont get me wrong, I have nothing against him personally, he is probably not a bad kid, it is the idea of the monarchy that I disagree with, their entire claim of 'appointed by god' to be our rulers is ludicrous and offensive as is their use of public funds for all their expensive life. They contribute nothing to society other than a few photo ops.

And he probably has a butler to suck the jelly beans for him..LOL

talloola

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 14, 2006
Vancouver Island
I am not punishing him for being born into the monarchy or for having been taught from birth god made him better than the rest of us. That is the fault of the elitist society he is part of.
As for clean living, have you seen the reports of her partying her face off all over london and europe and some of the things she has said are ridiculous, he too has been seen just as drunk as any other teenager on various occasions and who knows how much has been hidden by security.
And my kids, along with the greater majority of young people, are not casing out houses to get a fix.
_________________________________________________________________________________

yeah, you're right it was his brother, I forgot.

you're making asumptions of the behavior as a result of gossip rags and other gossip media.
you don't really know anything about their behavior being bad, my assumption, if we are going
to do that, is that they probably behaved similar to 80% of other teenagers, and university
students these days.
I do not pay any attention to gossip or media reports.

They are two human beings, young, decent people, who want to get married, I don't care about
their elitist standings, but I do care about them, and I will not trash them for who they
are, which is no fault of their own, I didn't go to public school till grade 5, does that make
me a snob too?
Lots of regular people send their children to private schools, so what.
We can't all be what you think we should be, he has to be king of england, he didn't choose that
position, and would you think more of him if he turned his back on his family and said 'no', I
don't want to. No I wouldn't want him to do that. If, someday england decides to end the royals
so be it, then they will do it, but until then, it is what it is.
Maybe he secretly wishes he was a 'regular' guy, who could choose anything he wanted in life, but
he can't, he is destined to be king, so good luck to him, it is not easy, and no matter how he
tries to do the right thing or be a good person, he will have to live with the ridicule of many,
and why, because of his ancestors?, why should we punish him for that, i'm sure glad no one
punishes me for what my father did throughout his life, that would be sad, I shouldn't have to
suffer for the sins of my father, or his father before him, or the fact that I was poor as a
child, or if I had been rich, for that either.

PoliticalNick

The Troll Bashing Troll
Mar 8, 2011
Edson, AB
yeah, you're right it was his brother, I forgot.
Simple mistake..no worries.

you're making asumptions of the behavior as a result of gossip rags and other gossip media.
you don't really know anything about their behavior being bad, my assumption, if we are going
to do that, is that they probably behaved similar to 80% of other teenagers, and university
students these days.
I would agree, just like 80% of youngsters including me at that age.

They are two human beings,
Right, just like you and me. their heritage and title does not make them anything special.
[
QUOTE]
I don't care about their elitist standings, but I do care about them,[/QUOTE]
I do care about their elitism and don't care about them, just another 2 humans equal to you and me in everyway other than a title.

he has to be king of england, he didn't choose that position, and would you think more of him if he turned his back on his family and said 'no', I don't want to.
Actually yes, I would think a lot more of him if he stood up and said the monarchy is a farce and he was ending it.

Maybe he secretly wishes he was a 'regular' guy, who could choose anything he wanted in life, but
he can't, he is destined to be king, so good luck to him, it is not easy, and no matter how he
tries to do the right thing or be a good person, he will have to live with the ridicule of many,
and why, because of his ancestors?, why should we punish him for that, i'm sure glad no one
punishes me for what my father did throughout his life, that would be sad, I shouldn't have to
suffer for the sins of my father, or his father before him, or the fact that I was poor as a
child, or if I had been rich, for that either.
I would hazard a guess that he does want to be a regular guy on some level. I do not ridicule him but do not respect him either. If he does not want to suffer the sins of his father (or mother as it is) he should not perpetuate the farcical institution of the monarchy, otherwise he will be open to scorn and ridicule.

TenPenny

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 9, 2004
Location, Location
Positive how? She is a gold-digging party-pig and he is part of the out-dated, elitist, monarchical society born with a gold-plated, jewel encrusted silver spoon in his mouth. Not what I want my kids to admire or grow up to be. The best channel will be the off button as it is likely that nothing else will be broadcast.

This shows that you pay way more attention to this stuff than you should.

Is he the future King? Yup. Do I care? Nope. This whole thing really has no impact on my life, and it's not something I care about. You obviously know more about the participants than I do, therefore you must care more about it.

One treatment is to have a family pet, something to take care of, so you don't fill your brain with useless trivia.

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
never ceases to amaze me how STUPID some people are when it comes to our Royal Family and what they do or don't do. Damn near every complaint I see in this thread about the Royals is an out right lie. Do some fu cking research before you open the hole in front of your obviously empty head.

talloola

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 14, 2006
Vancouver Island
Simple mistake..no worries.

I would agree, just like 80% of youngsters including me at that age.

Right, just like you and me. their heritage and title does not make them anything special.
[
QUOTE]
I don't care about their elitist standings, but I do care about them,
I do care about their elitism and don't care about them, just another 2 humans equal to you and me in everyway other than a title.

Actually yes, I would think a lot more of him if he stood up and said the monarchy is a farce and he was ending it.

I would hazard a guess that he does want to be a regular guy on some level. I do not ridicule him but do not respect him either. If he does not want to suffer the sins of his father (or mother as it is) he should not perpetuate the farcical institution of the monarchy, otherwise he will be open to scorn and ridicule.[/QUOTE]

guess we'll just have to agree to disagree, he probably sees his family and their position in the world
as proper and as it should be, and is proud to continue on as their representative, as the king of
england and the british empire, and I agree with him.

If they were reigning like sadam husein was, or any other dictator of that sort I would be ashamed of
them, but they are peaceful and democratic, and are not stomping their feet on anyone, or killing.

PoliticalNick

The Troll Bashing Troll
Mar 8, 2011
Edson, AB
never ceases to amaze me how STUPID some people are when it comes to our Royal Family and what they do or don't do. Damn near every complaint I see in this thread about the Royals is an out right lie. Do some fu cking research before you open the hole in front of your obviously empty head.
Please do tell me where I am lying before you go into an abusive rant.

guess we'll just have to agree to disagree, he probably sees his family and their position in the world
as proper and as it should be, and is proud to continue on as their representative, as the king of england and the british empire, and I agree with him.

If they were reigning like sadam husein was, or any other dictator of that sort I would be ashamed of
them, but they are peaceful and democratic, and are not stomping their feet on anyone, or killing.

I can agree to have differing opinions.

I can agree that, thanks to his upbringing, he believes the monarchy is proper and the will of god. I can agree they do not rule as vicious dictators, at least not at this point in history.

I cannot agree that their position is the will of god or a god given right or in any way justifiable under the claims that have been used to establish and maintain the monarchy. I also cannot agree that it is the responsibility of the Canadian taxpayer to finance every penny of their trips to our country or is it the responsibility of the british taxpayer to fund a multi-million dollar wedding or the lavish lifestyle of the entire monarchy.

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004

I can agree that, thanks to his upbringing, he believes the monarchy is proper and the will of god. I can agree they do not rule as vicious dictators, at least not at this point in history.

I cannot agree that their position is the will of god or a god given right or in any way justifiable under the claims that have been used to establish and maintain the monarchy. I also cannot agree that it is the responsibility of the Canadian taxpayer to finance every penny of their trips to our country or is it the responsibility of the british taxpayer to fund a multi-million dollar wedding or the lavish lifestyle of the entire monarchy.

like I SAID....LIE'S........ because there is no excuse for ignorance, therefore it can only be blatant lies.

PoliticalNick

The Troll Bashing Troll
Mar 8, 2011
Edson, AB
like I SAID....LIE'S........ because there is no excuse for ignorance, therefore it can only be blatant lies.

Spoken like a truely lost soul. Yelling liar is not a logical argument or proof that I lie. Please put some thought into the issue and present your evidence. I may disagree with Talloola's opinion but at least she presents it in a respectful manner showing some logical thought and reason.

I see the mouth pieces that get off on slandering the Royal family are very quiet. Here, I'll help with your education, since either you are too lazy to find the info, or to ignorant to admit you were wrong.

In Switch From Tradition, Queen Will Pay Taxes - NYTimes.com

I am well aware that the queen agreed to pay pesonal income tax, it was well publicized PR, but she does not pay and taxes on her land, assets or capital gains. Nor does she pay anywhere close to even 1/2 of what it cost the British people to keep her or pay any expenses for her or her family to travel around the world.

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
I am well aware that the queen agreed to pay pesonal income tax, it was well publicized PR, but she does not pay and taxes on her land, assets or capital gains. Nor does she pay anywhere close to even 1/2 of what it cost the British people to keep her or pay any expenses for her or her family to travel around the world.

really, then you admit then that your initial spout was an intentional lie.

A great future of not working or paying taxes while sponging off the governments of England and the Commonwealth, Where do I apply for that job?

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
why is there so much hype building over this `made for tv` thing? are there not more important events going on in the world that `should` over-whelm this planned event? or is this just another distraction....a break from the dead being carted back from overseas?

how ****ing stupid are we...as canadians, to buy into this stuff?

If I felt as strongly as you I wouldn't pay attention to it. (not that I pay a hell of lot of attention) :smile:

PoliticalNick

The Troll Bashing Troll
Mar 8, 2011
Edson, AB
really, then you admit then that your initial spout was an intentional lie.

How is it a lie, the monarchy does not pay all the taxes they should and are still supported mostly by the taxpayers of Britain and we Canadian taxpayers foot the bill when they visit here.

Paying personal income tax while holding immunity from all other taxes and levies is not paying taxes just like paying 20% of the bill is not paying the bill.

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
How is it a lie, the monarchy does not pay all the taxes they should and are still supported mostly by the taxpayers of Britain and we Canadian taxpayers foot the bill when they visit here.

Paying personal income tax while holding immunity from all other taxes and levies is not paying taxes just like paying 20% of the bill is not paying the bill.

Not entirely true, but then, I imagine you know that. Here's the way I look at things, a partial truth is a lie.With holding the truth, is a lie.

talloola

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 14, 2006
Vancouver Island

I don't agree that anything they or anyone does is the will of god.

we finance all of our political leaders, only to find later on, that they have stolen our money
for other things they wanted, (sponsarship thingy), but didn't ask us at all. We invite the royals
to visit our country, and as any good host we pay the way, then they go home, end of story.
We must remember all of the people who 'want' them to come here, and 'who' enjoy having them as
our king/queen, I am included in that group.

PoliticalNick

The Troll Bashing Troll
Mar 8, 2011
Edson, AB
I don't agree that anything they or anyone does is the will of god.
I am glad we can agree on that, but it is the original claim of the monarchy that they were 'appointed by god' and I have a huge problem with that.

we finance all of our political leaders, only to find later on, that they have stolen our money
for other things they wanted, (sponsarship thingy), but didn't ask us at all. We invite the royals
to visit our country, and as any good host we pay the way, then they go home, end of story.
We must remember all of the people who 'want' them to come here, and 'who' enjoy having them as
our king/queen, I am included in that group.
Once again we agree that all our pols are screwing us in one way or another. The Libs had the sponsorship scandal, Mulrooney walked off witha bag of cash and half the fixtures from sussex drive, Harper gives it away openly to all his billionaire buddies.

I don't recall when I have ever invited any of the royals here or wanted them to come but I am sure there are many like you who think it is cool and it is quite true you are in the majority just as the monarchists are still the majority in England. We nationalists will have to continue to be the whiny minority for a while yet but I can hold hope.

Not entirely true, but then, I imagine you know that. Here's the way I look at things, a partial truth is a lie.With holding the truth, is a lie.

Actually as far as I am aware when they visit Canada officially we pay 100% of the costs and if the golden couple come here on their honeymoon we will absorb the cost of that to. I would be interested to see something that proves different if you have it.

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
Who pays for Royal Tours to Canada?
There are two types of Royal Tours: official tours and working or private visits.
The Government of Canada covers costs when it extends an official invitation. The provinces cover the costs of their own activities. As hosts, the provinces also share a portion of the travel and accommodation costs with the Government of Canada, based on pre-determined "cost-sharing agreements."
Invitations for working or private visits may be extended by groups such as regiments, sports organizations, etc. In these instances, the Government of Canada has no financial involvement.

Frequently Asked Questions

talloola

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 14, 2006
Vancouver Island
I am glad we can agree on that, but it is the original claim of the monarchy that they were 'appointed by god' and I have a huge problem with that.

I don't recall when I have ever invited any of the royals here or wanted them to come but I am sure there are many like you who think it is cool and it is quite true you are in the majority just as the monarchists are still the majority in England. We nationalists will have to continue to be the whiny minority for a while yet but I can hold hope.

Actually as far as I am aware when they visit Canada officially we pay 100% of the costs and if the golden couple come here on their honeymoon we will absorb the cost of that to. I would be interested to see something that proves different if you have it.

I don't think its 'cool' when the royals visit canada, I am sincerely glad and welcome them here, it might be 'cool' to some to see celebrities/entertainers/
rock stars etc., but I wouldn't go across the street to view any of them.

When any of the royal family visit, I feel like a hostess citizen showing our country off, and making
a guest comfortable, it is such tradition, and I like tradition.

Even as much as I love hockey, I never have looked upon a hockey super star as anyone but a great
athlete whom I enjoy and respect their abilities, but I would never, and never have, asked for an
autograph or stood in line to 'get a look'.

I don't look to anyone as 'better' than I, but I am respectful of others, and reach out to be polite
and gracious.but never 'suck up'.

I was a teen ager when the queens father died, so I remember her becoming queen at a very young age,
and I remember her marriage, and I remember the birth of all of her children, etc etc., so with all
of those memories I look forward to her grandson's marriage, and her great grandchildren to come.

I assume as my generation dies off, and my childrens as well, those with your
opinion will become the majority, it is sad to me, but seems logical that as
time goes by more and more will lose interest in the tradition, and with no
memories of the royals in their lives, they will not have reasons to be interested.

Last edited:

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
Thanks for the link Gerry, I learned something new.

It would seem to me however given the tone of the website, and I notice there is no mention of it, that this is an official tour so we will be picking up the tab.

gee, really? You learned something new? How is that? You've been telling me "how it is".

Or, have you been talking out your ass. Repeating crap that you've heard from others that have been talking out their ass instead of learning the truth.