UN nuclear watchdog puts pressure on Israel

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
Israel has had nucleur weapons since about 1969. Israel has never used nukes, and has never even threatened to use nukes, despite being in very serious trouble in the early stages of the 1973 Yom Kippur War.

In other words, Israel has proven to be a responsible nucleur power........as would be expected of a democratic western nation.........

Iran, on the other hand, is ruled by loonies.

The difference between allowing Israel to have nukes and allowing Iran to have nukes is the difference between allowing the mature, upstanding gentleman down the street to have a shotgun.............and allowing the neighbourhood 15 year old nutbar that cuts himself, threatens his neighbours, and beats up his sisters to have a shotgun.

You're going to cry when Israel gets its dusting Colpy, and it will happen because its sacrifice is in the cards. It has just about served its purpose. The majority of the worlds Jews do not consider Israel the native land. All the immigration into Israel is west bank settler loonies, a viler lot of disgusting cutthroat wackos cannot be found. Amadinejad laughs at them, everyone laughs at their lies now. That's pretty funny froth in your post by the way.

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
Says a lot for the sailers on the Liberty.

When anybody else does it (if anybody did that is) it would be classified as a terrorist activity.

Any thoughts on the 'donations' back to US Government officials through the Israeli Lobby that is most likely a cash donation from the US Taxpayers gift to them?

You should really read up on the facts about the USS Liberty.....

and I don't mean on the net.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
I wonder what Billy Graham thought of all that in 67? In 73 he had some nasty things to say about Israel in conversation with Nixon.

ironsides

Executive Branch Member
Feb 13, 2009
United States
Says a lot for the sailers on the Liberty.

When anybody else does it (if anybody did that is) it would be classified as a terrorist activity.

Any thoughts on the 'donations' back to US Government officials through the Israeli Lobby that is most likely a cash donation from the US Taxpayers gift to them?
As I mentioned, they are ruthless when someone threatens them. The U.S. did send in the Liberty to see what they were doing and got to close. It was a war zone and we should have stayed out of it. We kissed and made up.

Praxius

Mass'Debater
Dec 18, 2007
Halifax, NS & Melbourne, VIC
Israel has had nucleur weapons since about 1969. Israel has never used nukes, and has never even threatened to use nukes, despite being in very serious trouble in the early stages of the 1973 Yom Kippur War.

In other words, Israel has proven to be a responsible nucleur power........as would be expected of a democratic western nation.........

Iran, on the other hand, is ruled by loonies.

The difference between allowing Israel to have nukes and allowing Iran to have nukes is the difference between allowing the mature, upstanding gentleman down the street to have a shotgun.............and allowing the neighbourhood 15 year old nutbar that cuts himself, threatens his neighbours, and beats up his sisters to have a shotgun.

Ah, I see... that explains why Israeli agents forged passports and other forms from their allies to carry out assassinations to shift the blame from them to their allies.... why they use cluster bombs and white phosphorous bombs in heavily civilian populated areas... they use civilian human shields in their combat..... label anybody who doesn't agree with the things they do as being anti-semitic..... continually complain that they're being attacked and wanting peace when they do the one main thing that's causing much of the conflict in the first place, which is continually expanding and developing on land that's not theirs.......

Yeah, they sure are mature and responsible.... and just because they never used their nukes yet, that's not proof they're a responsible nuclear power either.... it just shows they have some remote common sense to realize that if they ever used them, all bets are off the table and everybody that doesn't like them will come after them all at once...... and many of their so-called allies would probably sit by if they were the first to launch and cause all this crap.

Israel isn't much more benevolent then Iran, we just grew accustomed to them being our allies and accustomed to our governments turning a blind eye to every corrupt thing they do.

Last edited:

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
As I mentioned, they are ruthless when someone threatens them. The U.S. did send in the Liberty to see what they were doing and got to close. It was a war zone and we should have stayed out of it. We kissed and made up.

It wasn't a war zone it was a war construction zone. And you're right, you should have stayed out like you were told but you just had to know. You kissed ass, they bought you some new curtains, and they lived happily ever after.

Praxius

Mass'Debater
Dec 18, 2007
Halifax, NS & Melbourne, VIC
Their secret service has always only gone after people or groups who waged some sort of war against them.

Apologist.

So someone did something they didn't like... so they're justified to act like mobsters or the KGB and rather then finding these people and bringing them to justice, they simply just go out and kill them.... while telling the rest of us that they did something wrong and they were justified in doing what they did.

Of course we'll never know if what they claim is the truth, because there'll never be a proper investigation or a trial.... because they're dead.

How convenient.

So I guess that means every other country in the world is justified in doing the exact same thing with people whom are considered a threat to their nation? So if say North Korea or Iran pulled the same stunt against those who did similar things to their own nation.... they forge Canadian, US, British passports and head across the planet and gun down people they claim are a danger to their nation....... we'd have nothing to complain about.

They are ruthless I will say that about them. If we went to war against them I would expect nothing less from Israel than to do what ever it could to save itself. That is one of the things I do respect about them. As you said, they will do what ever is necessary to protect themselves. They did try the UN once and the UN let them down.

Awww... the poor muffins.... the UN let them down..... what else is new?

Welcome to the club Israel.

Let's not forget that the UN was instrumental in creating Israel in the first place.... friggin ingrates.

They sure like to beg and moan for everything under the sun as if they deserve it all and yet when it comes to pay up or do something requested of them, they shove their holier then thou fingers up at everybody and tell us all to PO and tell us all that they'll do whatever they damn well please.... and in the same breath, beg and moan for more things.... and our leaders, like the moron chumps they are, do as they're commanded.

Last edited:

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
Government moron chumps in the West are purchased in plastic bags, like toilet paper. They all dress the same they all talk the same and they all kiss the same asses.
I quess that's democratic concensus eh.

ironsides

Executive Branch Member
Feb 13, 2009
United States
Apologist.

So someone did something they didn't like... so they're justified to act like mobsters or the KGB and rather then finding these people and bringing them to justice, they simply just go out and kill them.... while telling the rest of us that they did something wrong and they were justified in doing what they did.

Of course we'll never know if what they claim is the truth, because there'll never be a proper investigation or a trial.... because they're dead.

How convenient.

So I guess that means every other country in the world is justified in doing the exact same thing with people whom are considered a threat to their nation? So if say North Korea or Iran pulled the same stunt against those who did similar things to their own nation.... they forge Canadian, US, British passports and head across the planet and gun down people they claim are a danger to their nation....... we'd have nothing to complain about.

Awww... the poor muffins.... the UN let them down..... what else is new?

Welcome to the club Israel.

Let's not forget that the UN was instrumental in creating Israel in the first place.... friggin ingrates.

They sure like to beg and moan for everything under the sun as if they deserve it all and yet when it comes to pay up or do something requested of them, they shove their holier then thou fingers up at everybody and tell us all to PO and tell us all that they'll do whatever they damn well please.... and in the same breath, beg and moan for more things.... and our leaders, like the moron chumps they are, do as they're commanded.
Lets not forget who ran the private by invitation only club called the UN back then. (U.S., Great Briton, France, USSR, China (Taiwan)). If every other nation does not do all it can do to protect their own people they do not deserve to be called a nation.

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
Lets not forget who ran the private by invitation only club called the UN back then. (U.S., Great Briton, France, USSR, China (Taiwan)). If every other nation does not do all it can do to protect their own people they do not deserve to be called a nation.

You better hope every nation does not adopt this idea of yours and Israels. Carried to its logical end it means that honour trust and hospitality are finished and that right and wrong will be decided by the sword. You should think about what survival at any cost entails, only the psycopath could endure the unconscionable acts required and that would mean for those no longer humane winners a future of sins passed to their children to bear every generation working greater evil for its self preservation than the previous. You can see where that goes I hope. There are far finer aspirations than nationalism and those are the laws of the planet and common decency. Any gang of genocidal maniacs may call themselves a nation, but they all go to dust in the end.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Ignore the website it originates from, and reference the citations at the end of the article....

The USS Liberty: Case Closed

I have Oren's book.......it is very good, but I can't reproduce it for you.
How could Israel possibly NOT know the location and status of every naval vessel on the Med? Pilots and ship captains and crewmen had no idea what the enemy vessels look like at a glance?

If so that is one piss poor intelligence and officer training program they had going on there.

Good job they didn't attack themselves under such immense stress.

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
How could Israel possibly NOT know the location and status of every naval vessel on the Med? Pilots and ship captains and crewmen had no idea what the enemy vessels look like at a glance?

If so that is one piss poor intelligence and officer training program they had going on there.

Good job they didn't attack themselves under such immense stress.

Ahhh....it was 1967....with 1967 technology.......and even the US Navy was confused at the location of the Liberty.

Did you read the article?

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Ahhh....it was 1967....with 1967 technology.......and even the US Navy was confused at the location of the Liberty.

Did you read the article?
Yes, I sure did.

What is rule #1 in warfare? Know thy enemy or guess thy enemy?

They didn't have books in 67, books with pictures of their closest neighbour's warships?

They spent billions on military butt forgot to buy cameras? They did have cameras in 67 didn't they?

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
Yes, I sure did.

What is rule #1 in warfare? Know thy enemy or guess thy enemy?

They didn't have books in 67, books with pictures of their closest neighbour's warships?

They spent billions on military butt forgot to buy cameras? They did have cameras in 67 didn't they?

Try to be nice now.........

I know its difficult.

In 2010, there are still multiple cases of mistaken identity on the battlefield.....and the Liberty was attacked by fast movers.......and one of the first things you learn about combat is that there is a hard-core tendency to over-focus on a designated target....concentrating only on delivering fire to the exclusion of all other considerations. And that is on the ground, close range, imagine how much that is magnified when dealing with flying a Mirage fighter, and dealing with the weapons on board...............

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Try to be nice now.........

I know its difficult.

In 2010, there are still multiple cases of mistaken identity on the battlefield.....and the Liberty was attacked by fast movers.......and one of the first things you learn about combat is that there is a hard-core tendency to over-focus on a designated target....concentrating only on delivering fire to the exclusion of all other considerations. And that is on the ground, close range, imagine how much that is magnified when dealing with flying a Mirage fighter, and dealing with the weapons on board...............
I gotta stick to logic on this one regardless of who was involved. I can see mistaking a Bradley for an Iraqi APV from air but a ship is big and the design was not from the catalogue of known enemy vessels. No military worth calling it's self one would stage and start an offensive without having 100% knowledge of who is who and what is what. That is still all part of rule #1.

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
I gotta stick to logic on this one regardless of who was involved. I can see mistaking a Bradley for an Iraqi APV from air but a ship is big and the design was not from the catalogue of known enemy vessels. No military worth calling it's self one would stage and start an offensive without having 100% knowledge of who is who and what is what. That is still all part of rule #1.

Which gets us to the crux of the matter....why would the Israelis knowingly attack an American ship????

That simply makes no sense.....and the inavailibility of a suitable answer supports the idea that it was, against all odds, a simple mistake.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Which gets us to the crux of the matter....why would the Israelis knowingly attack an American ship????

That simply makes no sense.....and the inavailibility of a suitable answer supports the idea that it was, against all odds, a simple mistake.
It still goes against rule #1 and they had 6.5hrs to confirm identity.