UK Gov In Turmoil & Bexit Mess.

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
As for the Liberal Undemocrats - a third of whose MPs weren't even elected as Lib Undems - they are going to get a severe punishing at the next election, as are most Remainer parties and MPs.

Boris is well ahead in the polls and deal - unless it's a bad one which isn't really Brexit - or no deal he is on course for a easy victory in the next election.

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
I don't believe that they knew what they were voting for.
Run another referendum and see if that's true.

What you believe doesn't matter overall in a democracy. All that matters is the result.

If referenda and elections were to be retaken because someone doesn't like the result or because someone thought the people were stupid and voted the "wrong" way then they'll forever be retaken.

I think those who voted Remain were thick and didn't know what they were voting for.

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
If a second referendum isn't democratic, neither was the first.

The first was democratic. Obviously.

A second referendum to try and overturn the result of the first won't be. Obviously.

Only someone of your limited intellect can think that it's entirely democratic to hold a second referendum to try and overturn the result of the first.

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
Of course, you're in danger of setting a precedent.

A second referendum could be followed by a third to overturn the result of the second. Then a fourth could be held to overturn the result of the third. Where do we end? Do we end when the British people finally vote the way Curious Cdn wants them to vote?

And what if Wee Burney up in Edinburgh gets her second Scottish independence vote and the Scots vote for it? Using your idea, the British Government would just hold another referendum to try and overturn it.

The British Government could just say the Scots are a bit thick and didn't know what they were voting for, and either just overturn the result or hold a third referendum.

Ocean Breeze

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 5, 2005
The first was democratic. Obviously.

A second referendum to try and overturn the result of the first won't be. Obviously.

Only someone of your limited intellect can think that it's entirely democratic to hold a second referendum to try and overturn the result of the first.
you are assuming what the MOTIVE

It might be that you are afraid of the results from a second referendum. Yet it might be a very good thing.......as the population has had time to consider more pros and cons re: the issue..........and would make more seasoned voting decdions.

AnnaEmber

Council Member
Aug 31, 2019
Kootenays BC
I think I'd take Artie Johnson more seriously than BorisJ.

What's with the country leaders and their hair these days anyways?

etcetera

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick
I agree. Much better than voting for a surrender document which isn't reallty Brexit and keeps us in the EU in all but name.

It's no wonder the DUP are opposed to it.

Yes, because to the DUP, it's screwing with North Ireland.

It doesn't need to say it in the article. It's a known fact.

I asked if it was mentioned ANYWHERE, not just in the article. I thought the DUP were supporters of BoJo?

The DUP, a right-wing Northern Irish Unionist party that promotes Britishness and is against gay marriage and abortion, is well-known for bring a pro-Brexit, anti-EU, party.

Sounds like your kind of people, so why are you against them?

Yeah. The DUP - which supports and props up the Government - wants No Deal Brexit.

Again, proof?

Remainers don't want a deal, because that would mean Brexit.

The Brexit Party won't support a deal that doesn't deliver proper Brexit.

So basically, the only Brexit that will happen is a hard one, because that's all that's gonna be gotten? If your boy Nigel doesn't like it, then it's not gonna pass. And while a no deal might be awesome to people like you, even BoJo realized there had to be compromise... at least I give him an A for effort. It's more than I thought he'd do.

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
Yes, because to the DUP, it's screwing with North Ireland.

I asked if it was mentioned ANYWHERE, not just in the article. I thought the DUP were supporters of BoJo?

Sounds like your kind of people, so why are you against them?

Again, proof?

So basically, the only Brexit that will happen is a hard one, because that's all that's gonna be gotten? If your boy Nigel doesn't like it, then it's not gonna pass. And while a no deal might be awesome to people like you, even BoJo realized there had to be compromise... at least I give him an A for effort. It's more than I thought he'd do.
Well in my opinion a hard Brexit will be the best case scenario for Britain . When the EU implodes the Brits won’t be left holding the bag .

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
you are assuming what the MOTIVE
It might be that you are afraid of the results from a second referendum. Yet it might be a very good thing.......as the population has had time to consider more pros and cons re: the issue..........and would make more seasoned voting decdions.

Absolute pigswill.

So you're only in favour of democracy when it goes your way. If it doesn't, make the stupid people vote again until they come to the right, more enlightened, decision.

That's not democracy. That's bordering on tyranny and fascism.

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004

If it's not a "hard" Brexit then it's not Brexit at all. The people voted for Brexit and that is what should be delivered.

The terms "soft Brexit" and "hard Brexit" were invented by Remainers only after they lost the referendum as a ruse to try and keep in the EU in all but name.

"Hard Brexit" is Brexit, and that's what should happen.

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
More dirty tricks from the Remainers:

BREAKING

Scottish court rejects case against PM's new deal

A Scottish judge has rejected a case brought by anti-Brexit campaigners claiming that Boris Johnson's new deal to leave the EU is unlawful.

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick
If it's not a "hard" Brexit then it's not Brexit at all. The people voted for Brexit and that is what should be delivered.

The terms "soft Brexit" and "hard Brexit" were invented by Remainers only after they lost the referendum as a ruse to try and keep in the EU in all but name.

"Hard Brexit" is Brexit, and that's what should happen.

So... the Hard Brexit I've heard about - leaving with no deal - is ideal.

A soft Brexit - some sort of deal and concessions - is a waste of time?

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
So... the Hard Brexit I've heard about - leaving with no deal - is ideal.

A soft Brexit - some sort of deal and concessions - is a waste of time?
Personally I would think yes a hard deal is best . At present both France and Germany are in or close to recession as they are the two largest economies in the E.U. there is trouble ahead .Greece Italy and Spain are still broke .. The E.U. will implode within five years , ten at most .

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
A poll has found the public to be in favour of Boris's deal.

The Commons - in its first Saturday sitting since 1982 - will vote on it later today.

Since Boris announced the deal, there has been a surge for him in the polls.

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick
I'm actually really interested to see how the vote Saturday turns out.

I hope it passes and there is a Brexit deal.

But if there isn't, I still hope BoJo pulls out on the 31st.

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
I'm constantly flicking between the rugby and Sky News. Boris is currently making a speech to the Commons.

Poison Dwarf Remainer Speaker Bercow is trying his scuppering of democracy again, making it so that Boris will have to ask the EU for yet another extension should the Commons vote against the deal.

This is despite the fact that the EU has already ruled out another extension.

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
Breaking News

The Government will pull the plug on the Commons vote over the deal if the Commons votes for the Letwin Agreement which would force Johnson to ask for another Brexit delay if the deal is voted down. The vote on the Letwin Agreement will take place before the vote on the deal.