U.S. sends unmanned drone to patrol border

Ron in Regina

"Voice of the West" Party
Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
It makes no sense for the USA to invade Canada. In maybe one more generation, between
NAFTA and Cable TV and Email "Spell Check" correcting Canadian (British) spelling of
English words to the American version....Most of the population of both countries won't be
able to tell the difference between the populations of Canada and the USA anyway...so why
bother?

Time will merge our cultures in a much more effective and cost efficient manner than any military
option ever could. If you think I'm out to lunch here, watch an archived Canadian political debate
from the 50's or early 60's....That funny (strange and foreign sounding) accent you'll hear was a
Canadian accent only a generation or two ago.

The USA can put up these drone planes to fly our common border, and we'll still send people like
Michael J. Fox & Lesley Nielsen & Jim Carey (& even Celine Dion) to infiltrate their culture and
inject a Canadian spin on their Humour (or is that Humor?), working from the inside out. :lol:

Praxius

Mass'Debater
Dec 18, 2007
Halifax, NS & Melbourne, VIC
Prax... I was going to quote you and do what we do best but the whole concept of Canada making nukes JUST to aim them at the US to protect their sovreignty was foolish and I was mostly having fun with Scott. The US invasion of Canada was almost 200 years ago and it was to strike out at British interests because the US had no other place to strike. Our Navy was anchored by about 5 frigates and hardly a match for the British Navy. The dynamics of 1812 are far different.

An invasion of Canada as you say is foolish and there is absolutley no reason for it or for Canada to even feel threatened. It is just the hardcore Canadian nationalist that get themselves worked up about that. Those folks are no different than the hard core US nationalist that they so loathe. They are one in the same but march under different flags.

Scott said I should read on geopolitical strategy and I have. Never once did I come across that it would be a good idea to attack Canada because it is just a ludicrous idea. As much as some Canadians hate the US for whatever reason we are still allied. You may not like some of the agreements we have no more than I like China pretty much owning our economy. Not just China but Japan, Saudi, etc.

A drone buzzing around the Canadian border is silly. It won't do a thing and does not threaten Canada's sovreignty. It takes pictures or films.

Well I don't really have that big of an issue with the drone so long as it stays on your side of the border and isn't loaded up with weapons (which obviously would never be the case, but it technically is possible)

The thing I had an issue with in the original report was the justifications used by some down in the US who supported this idea, such as:

"It is vital to America’s security that we protect our borders, particularly the northern border," said Senator Kent Conrad.

^ First off, why is it Vital? Where has there been any risk coming from Canada?

"The Grand Forks Air Branch plays an essential role in helping shut the door on terrorists who want to sneak across remote border points to strike on U.S. soil."

^ Once again, what door is there to shut for terrorists who want to attack the US from Canada? There hasn't been a case or issue in regards to this, ever..... there was never an issue until a few politicians decided to ignorantly point the finger of 9/11 at Canada with no justification whatsoever.

For me, the concern is that there still seems to be a lot of people down in the US who just don't have a damn clue and it seems that Canada is still branded as a terrorist hub to the US.

The idea that we have a Constitutional Obligation to take Canada's resources is also foolish. Where pray tell is that written in the Constitution of the United States? It isn't. If it isn't written how can it be a Constitutional Obligation?

Yeah I personally don't remember hearing about this in our own constitution, and I would be suprised if this existed, since Englad has dibs on Canada more then the US, if anybody has dibs.

Although Canada has been running things on our own for the most part for a long time, I don't know what the reaction would be in London to hear that Canada was being taken over/merged in with the US without their say..... we're still kinda owned by them.... sota like how Australia is.

Ron in Regina

Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
Although Canada has been running things on our own for the most part for a long time, I don't know what the reaction would be in London to hear that Canada was being taken over/merged in with the US without their say..... we're still kinda owned by them.... sota like how Australia is.

Britain was sort'a bailed out in a Monstrously Huge financial way after WWII in order
to rebuilt their country (& economy) after Germany flattened much of it in air strikes....
I don't know if that debt was ever paid off (or was partially or mostly forgiven, etc...?) but
just as China is the defacto Landlord of the USA, the USA may still be in that position with
Britain.

Praxius

Mass'Debater
Dec 18, 2007
It makes no sense for the USA to invade Canada. In maybe one more generation, between NAFTA and Cable TV and Email "Spell Check" correcting Canadian (British) spelling of English words to the American version.... Most of the population of both countries won't be able to tell the difference between the populations of Canada and the USA anyway...so why bother?

I know the differences, Eagle knows the differences, scratch knows the differences..... and it all boils down to ideologies that we're all brought up with.

Sure we all like the same tv shows, the same movies, the same jokes, and for the most part, the same bad guys and good guys.... but when it comes down to things like religion, laws, executions, firearms, health care, abortions, same sex marriages, and a slew of many other issues..... there are some big differences.... many of those differences I am opposed to, just as I imagine many in the US are opposed to what I feel is right....

that's the way she goes.

Time will merge our cultures in a much more effective and cost efficient
manner than any military
option ever could. If you think I'm out to lunch here, watch an archived Canadian political debate from the 50's or early 60's....That funny (strange and foreign sounding) accent you'll hear was a Canadian accent only a generation or two ago.

Oh, there's plenty of strong accents still around here in the Maritimes.... head to Newfoundland, Cape Breton, New Brunswick, or the southern shores of Nova Scotia to the fishing communities...... heck even the valley area still have a distinct accent.

People still can tell that I came from New Glasgow..... go figure.

The USA can put up these drone planes to fly our common border, and we'll still send people like Michael J. Fox & Lesley Nielsen & Jim Carey (& even Celine Dion) to infiltrate their culture and inject a Canadian spin on their Humour (or is that Humor?), working from the inside out. :lol:

Well in another 3 years, Canada will be sending me down.... I'm just about ripe for the picking to stir all kinds of crap up down there. :twisted:

Ron in Regina

Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
Well in another 3 years, Canada will be sending me down.... I'm just about ripe
for the picking to stir all kinds of crap up down there. :twisted:

Prax, will your infiltration be by Land, Air, Sea, or Hollywood??? I figure the
drone planes might have the Air & Land routes buttoned up, and I don't
know where you'd fit in the Hollywood thing, so the Sea route might be
the best option. If you do it right, they'll never see you coming!!! :lol::lol::lol:

Last edited:

Praxius

Mass'Debater
Dec 18, 2007
Prax, will your infiltration be by Land, Air, Sea, or Hollywood??? I figure the
drone planes might have the Air & Land routes buttoned up, and I don't
know where you'd fit in the Hollywood thing, so the Sea route might be
the best option. If you do it right, they'll never see you coming!!! :lol::lol::lol:

Well there is always those smuggling routes the drug dealers use that are tunnels under the borders, from one house to the another.

And I suppose I could venture into the Hollywood scene...... I'm sure I could influence all kinds of young and impressionable minds down there. I can act, I make cartoons, animations, comics, I can sorta sing, hell I could even be a twisted news reporter..... there's all kinds of screwed up things I can apply myself to that will have a detrimental effect on US society.

But I guess I'd have to keep it low key to a degree, or else I'll be entertaining interrogators in Syria.

Added:

And that poor dog.... how is he supposed to reach and read the oxygen gages?

Scott Free

House Member
May 9, 2007
BC
Prax... I was going to quote you and do what we do best but the whole concept of Canada making nukes JUST to aim them at the US to protect their sovreignty was foolish and I was mostly having fun with Scott. The US invasion of Canada was almost 200 years ago and it was to strike out at British interests because the US had no other place to strike. Our Navy was anchored by about 5 frigates and hardly a match for the British Navy. The dynamics of 1812 are far different.

An invasion of Canada as you say is foolish and there is absolutley no reason for it or for Canada to even feel threatened. It is just the hardcore Canadian nationalist that get themselves worked up about that. Those folks are no different than the hard core US nationalist that they so loathe. They are one in the same but march under different flags.

Scott said I should read on geopolitical strategy and I have. Never once did I come across that it would be a good idea to attack Canada because it is just a ludicrous idea. As much as some Canadians hate the US for whatever reason we are still allied. You may not like some of the agreements we have no more than I like China pretty much owning our economy. Not just China but Japan, Saudi, etc.

A drone buzzing around the Canadian border is silly. It won't do a thing and does not threaten Canada's sovreignty. It takes pictures or films.

The idea that we have a Constitutional Obligation to take Canada's resources is also foolish. Where pray tell is that written in the Constitution of the United States? It isn't. If it isn't written how can it be a Constitutional Obligation?

It's odd you can't figure this out EagleSmack. Normally your a fairly bright guy.

Stretch

House Member
Feb 16, 2003
Australia
you guys have a great country here.......but, ya neighbors suck!!
and for that reason, I suggest ya get a rifle, learn how to use it, and dont be afraid to use it!
because, very soon, you will need to use it

Canada has water, the next great war will be for water.......you also have a lot of natural resources....the us of g will be after those also.......for your own sakes....build the great wall of Canada......you will be glad you did..........in the end!

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
you guys have a great country here.......but, ya neighbors suck!!
and for that reason, I suggest ya get a rifle, learn how to use it, and dont be afraid to use it!
because, very soon, you will need to use it

Canada has water, the next great war will be for water.......you also have a lot of natural resources....the us of g will be after those also.......for your own sakes....build the great wall of Canada......you will be glad you did..........in the end!

There is PLENTY of water here. Do you think we live in a desert! Do you see Saudi Arabia going to war over water. There is barely a drop to be had there.

So if you want to arm up for the great water war go ahead. Perhaps u can use water guns and we Americans would just open our mouths and you can tame us like that since we are SOOOOO water starved.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
It's odd you can't figure this out EagleSmack. Normally your a fairly bright guy.

Figure what out exactly?

Why Canada needs to build nukes and NEEDS to aim them at the USA?

I understand your need to just say "you can't figure it out" to stifle the debate but it is your logic for Canada to point nukes at the US that is truly proponderous. It flies in the face of logic. You may not like the US but to go pointing nukes at us. Get real here.

Tyr

Council Member
Nov 27, 2008
Sitting at my laptop
Well there is always those smuggling routes the drug dealers use that are tunnels under the borders, from one house to the another.

And I suppose I could venture into the Hollywood scene...... I'm sure I could influence all kinds of young and impressionable minds down there. I can act, I make cartoons, animations, comics, I can sorta sing, hell I could even be a twisted news reporter..... there's all kinds of screwed up things I can apply myself to that will have a detrimental effect on US society.

But I guess I'd have to keep it low key to a degree, or else I'll be entertaining interrogators in Syria.

Added:

And that poor dog.... how is he supposed to reach and read the oxygen gages?

And that poor dog.... how is he supposed to reach and read the oxygen gages

How's he suppossed to scratch his butt?

Tonington

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 27, 2006
Mines pointed West, so between Lone Wolf, EagleSmack and myself, Quebec is phucked! :lol:

Tyr

Council Member
Nov 27, 2008
Sitting at my laptop
I knew you would like it.

Yeah over 200 years ago to fight the Brits

When? Before WWI we had plans but are these recent plans?

Really? We have an ammendment or an article of the Constitution that says...

It is an obligation to invade Canada if we need their resources.

You're calling me daft!

No...Canadians tell each other that the US counts your oil reserves as ours. That does not make it reality.

It isn't. I am enjoying the heck out of this and SHOULD be heading home to my two little lunatic savages in the making.

Sometimes we do. Other times we talk about sports and stuff like that.

It is very humorous hearing you talk about it.

I guess you better get building a triad or we are coming up there with Mickey Mouse ears and you will be wearing them.

Ok folks. Funs over for now. I need to return to the lair and continue training my two savages for the invasion of Canada.

Quote: The USA has invaded us once already.

actually only 196 yrs ago and the USA got a whuppin' out of it and haven't been back since

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
Quote: The USA has invaded us once already.

actually only 196 yrs ago and the USA got a whuppin' out of it and haven't been back since

God Save the Queen then eh!