Tsunami-linked fishing boat adrift off B.C.

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
Yep I do take it personally, not unlike referring to a woman as a dog say, some things just irritate. Surely you, of all people, should understand that.

Yes. I do and respect for views.. but it's a cause I will not join...

I think the term "gay" is not derogatory as homosexuals claimed it as theirs, as in gay pride.. I think calling or saying homos, or other words I won't say here are far more hurtful and derogatory..

Just wanting tio get it straight where you stand on things. This, as well as the following makes it abundantly clear where you stand on both Native issues and GBLT.

What the hell is GBLT, it sounds like a hamburger. Bacon Lettuce Tomato, I'm afraid to ask what the "G" stands for after our disscussion.

I honestly think that people are highly over sensitive to "words." Me included.

Native issues Gerry, what the fukk do you know about Native issues. My ex-wife was Native/Hispanic mix raised on a reservation.

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
What the hell is GBLT, it sounds like a hamburger. Bacon Lettuce Tomato, I'm afraid to ask what the "G" stands for after our disscussion.

Native issues Gerry, what the fukk do you know about Native issues. My ex-wife was Native/Hispanic mix raised on a reservation.

The GBLT lobby... Gay/Bi/Lesbian/Transexual.

You're right, I have no fu cking idea about Native issues. I have family that actually LIVES on reservations.... but what the fu ck would I know...:roll:

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
The GBLT lobby... Gay/Bi/Lesbian/Transexual.

Sh it that spoiled my dinner plans.. no Dairy QUEEN tonight. ;-)

You're right, I have no fu cking idea about Native issues. I have family that actually LIVES on reservations.... but what the fu ck would I know...:roll:

o.k so we are both claiming proxy in relatives who or have lived on reservations.

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
Sh it that spoiled my dinner plans.. no Dairy QUEEN tonight. ;-)

o.k so we are both claiming proxy in relatives who or have lived on reservations.

My Grandmother was Native, born on a reservation. My wifes family is Native.... It's not just "I know someone who is".

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
My Grandmother was Native, born on a reservation. My wifes family is Native.... It's not just "I know someone who is".

So, you're saying your Native, or mixed.. you said your grandmother was Native, but your parents may be an interracial marriage. As I explained in a PM my 3 marriages have been.

My best friend from back east is Akwesasne Mohawk. Nevertheless, I still feel that people need to, what's a good word, assimilate into society and today's culture and not trying to change it back.

Canada is based on British Culture, and I honestly don't like to see the British culture or names being changed.. I think this is part of "Canada's" heritage as a country and history.

I can empathize with the Haida First Nation's as their heritage and history was taken away from them. I guess by changing the name from B.C.'s Queen Charlotte Islands to Haida Gwaii sorta reclaims some of that history... notwithstanding robbing Canada of a bit of it's British history at the same time.

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
Canada did enough robbing of their own..... we can afford to give some back.

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
Canada did enough robbing of their own..... we can afford to give some back.

o.k. but here is my point from before.. Canada did enough robbing 200 years ago, 5 generations ago.. today's generations can't claim that they are owed for the past that was taken.

In short, tribes raided other tribes.. took slaves, and slaughtered other tribes.. for all anyone knows, history may have played out where they didn't have a future to claim. Who knows??

The best analogy I can give is one from the USA. African Americans (as they now want to be called now) claim they are owed something from the US Government because their ancestors where brought to America as slaves.

1st off, most of the time it was their own people of other tribes that enslaved them, nevertheless.. 2012, they should be thankful that they are born in the USA and not the Uganda, but if they still want to complain, give them $50,000 and send them back to Africa.

Welcome to the the 21st century folks.. this is where you live and in 70 years you'll be dead and nobody will give a Sh it. Live for today!!

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
o.k. but here is my point from before.. Canada did enough robbing 200 years ago, 5 generations ago.. today's generations can't claim that they are owed for the past that was taken.

Read the treaties, yes they are owed.

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
Read the treaties, yes they are owed.

Contracts are made to be broken, an honest mans word and hand shake is not.. when have you ever met an honest politician?

Look I know that Natives in Canada have been cheated, and yes the Government just wants them to go away.. but we need skilled labor in Canada.. technicians, doctors, nurses.. skilled labor.

At bare minimum, the government needs to train Native Indians in these skilled job shortages, vs importing them from other countries.

Assimilation into society and today's way of life though jobs and education.. that what I feel is owed.

Maybe that's a classic bait–and–switch, I dunno?

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
Agreements are made to be broken, an honest mans word is not.. when have you ever met an honest politician?

Look I know that Natives in Canada have been cheated, and yes the Government just wants them to go away.. but we need skilled labor in Canada.. technicians, doctors, nurses.. skilled labor.

At bare minimum, the government needs to train Native Indians in these skilled job shortages, vs importing them from other countries.

Assimilation into society and today's way of life though jobs and education.. that what I feel is owed.

assimilation, no.... jobs and education...yes...

And agreements are made to be broken eh..... ok.... go let your mortgage holder know that... let me know how that goes.

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
Yes. I do and respect for views.. but it's a cause I will not join...

Not asking you to join a cause. Nor am I criticizing you for not joining one.

I think the term "gay" is not derogatory as homosexuals claimed it as theirs, as in gay pride.. I think calling or saying homos, or other words I won't say here are far more hurtful and derogatory..

I don't find the word or term itself derogatory either. It was used however, in the OP, in a derogatory manner. To convey contempt for the name change, as in it's so bad that it's "gay".

Over sensitive, not really at all. I do however honestly think that there needs to be an understanding that these subtle suggestions or innuendos really do perpetuate an attitude.

It is not overt statements, whether they be about race, or religion, or sexual orientation, that pose the biggest problem. It is the subtle statements that most people just shrug off because they think it doesn't mean anything that actually cause the most damage. Because they are everywhere.