Tsunami-linked fishing boat adrift off B.C.

shadowshiv

Dark Overlord
May 29, 2007
It makes me wonder how many other ships are still out there, destined to drift until their hulls dissolve/break down(depending on whether the hull is wooden or metallic). It would be a little creepy climbing aboard a ship like that.

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
Umm? Wasn't that what they were called before Europeans invaded and conquered the people already living there?

Ummm? we won the war.. get over it already. Oh that's right Quebec and the Indians haven't yet.. :roll:

Dam PC'ers out there need to grow a pair.... ah, then again.

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
Ummm? we won the war.. get over it already. Oh that's right Quebec and the Indians haven't yet.. :roll:

Hmmmm. Very, very revealing. Still doesn't quite explain how it's all "gay". That one I'd love to hear.

eh1eh

Blah Blah Blah
Aug 31, 2006
Under a Lone Palm

Oh I'm over it. I'm just not a dick about it or should that be... well you posted the pic.

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
I think the west coast is destined to see a virtual junk yard on it's shores. A really grim reminder of a horrific event.

Interesting choice of words. I'm curious is it the island name only or the entire Haida Nation that's "gay"?

The island name is gay.

I certainly won't spend my money to benefit anything of the Haida Nation products or tourism.. the best protest these days in financial. Rush Limbaugh learned that lesson.

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
Maybe Juan could be the next relic.

Not likely...:smile:

Let me see...Bruno Gerussi played Nick and Robert Clothier played Relic, the bad guy with the neat boat. Sadly, both have left us now.

lone wolf

Grossly Underrated
Nov 25, 2006
In the bush near Sudbury
Not likely...:smile:

Let me see...Bruno Gerussi played Nick and Robert Clothier played Relic, the bad guy with the neat boat. Sadly, both have left us now.
That fishing boat might be a tough draw for Persephone or Relic's jet boat - even towing in tandem. Gee, I wonder if one of our subs might bump a head on it?

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
The insurance company will fly the owner out to pick it up, then call it even.

bill barilko

Senate Member
Mar 4, 2009
Vancouver-by-the-Sea
Maritime Law is a funny old bird it'll be interesting to see what if anything does happen.

I suppose using it for target practice would be ideal but who wants to see Canada's military embarrass themselves yet again?

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
That fishing boat might be a tough draw for Persephone or Relic's jet boat - even towing in tandem. Gee, I wonder if one of our subs might bump a head on it?

Funny. That boat has been adrift for the best part of a year. It has weathered the best the Pacific could throw at her in that time and she doesn't appear to be listing or anything. I wonder what condition the engines are in. I doubt the owners would do much to recover the boat and I'm guessing the insurance company is not intrested in the scrap value. If a private concern were to salvage the boat and get it back in shape to sail again, it might be worth half a million....maybe more......Who knows?...:roll: :smile:

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
Geeez what do they teach kids in school these days, now wonder Asia is kicking our asses.. shame shame

The Seven Years' War (1756-1763) between France and Great Britain ending with the Treaty of Paris in 1763 where we "The English folks" kicked Frenchie's ass. ;-)

Yup... we kicked "frenchies ass", what we didn't do is go to war with the First Nations. Haida Gwaii is First Nations.

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
The island name is gay.

I certainly won't spend my money to benefit anything of the Haida Nation products or tourism.. the best protest these days in financial. Rush Limbaugh learned that lesson.

Funny you should mention Limbaugh, as I think he too would use 'gay' as a derogatory term.

You certainly have an "interesting" way of expressing your thoughts.

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
Funny you should mention Limbaugh, as I think he too would use 'gay' as a derogatory term.

You certainly have an "interesting" way of expressing your thoughts.

Actually, I think think the term "gay" is misused personally. Gay is to be happy, somehow it has been warped into something dirty, or homophobic.

Let's start calling homosexuals, homosexuals and call being happy gay again.. so we can all be Gay.