Trump World -USA-2019

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
and they are building a "crisis" with Iran to justify another war in the region.

Bolton is all for it..........warmongering creep that he is.
The US has been chomping at that bit ever since they booted out the Shaw, who the US put in power so they could freely steal their oil. It is long over due for them. We'll see how that plays out with China and Russia. The whole mess stinks of Trump wanting to avoid losing the next election. It is a ploy that has worked every time in the past. Just as Dubbya.

Ocean Breeze

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 5, 2005
The US has been chomping at that bit ever since they booted out the Shaw, who the US put in power so they could freely steal their oil. It is long over due for them. We'll see how that plays out with China and Russia. The whole mess stinks of Trump wanting to avoid losing the next election. It is a ploy that has worked every time in the past. Just as Dubbya.
If Trump thinks a war will help him win the election.........he is likely to go for it. Apparently Bolton is pressuring him in that direction. as if they haven't created enough animosity and destruction in the region Then they wonder why they are hated in the region....and in many places world wide. Trump can lie to himself and the Americans a bout how much they are respected.........but it is just another fantasy

Last edited:

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC

Ocean Breeze

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 5, 2005

Trump��s Mar-a-Lago Club saw revenue drop 10 percent in 2018, according to the president��s new personal financial disclosures

The disclosures, which covered the 2018 calendar year, revealed details about income and land sales for more than 20 parts of President Trump��s real estate and hospitality business. The overall results were mixed.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...olitics__alert-politics--alert-economy&wpmk=1

no problem...... Trump will just lie his way around it .....continuing with his Fantasy

Ocean Breeze

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 5, 2005

Trump unveils immigration plan that prioritizes high-skilled workers over those with family already in the country

The plan, which does not address the fate of young undocumented immigrants who were brought to the United States as children, stands little chance of advancing in Congress, where lawmakers of both parties have greeted it with skepticism.

��Today we are presenting a clear contrast,�� Trump said in a speech at the White House��s Rose Garden. ��Democrats are proposing open borders, lower wages and, frankly, lawless chaos. We are proposing an immigration plan that puts the jobs, wages and safety of American workers first. Our proposal is pro-American, pro-immigrant and pro-worker. It��s just common sense.��

https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...l_news__alert-politics--alert-national&wpmk=1

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Define a "real conservative"

Me. *bows* I believe in the value of the individual, association in society, interdependence between people, the sovereignty of the individual will, absolute equality before the law, equity in what one gives to and takes from the society, limited government, and cautious change.

I understand the flaws of our society, and I'm aware that "Father Knows Best" and "Happy Days" were fiction. I simply insist that any solutions to our flaws reflect the values above.

I don't see much point in "solutions" that don't actually solve the problem.

Ocean Breeze

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 5, 2005
Me. *bows* I believe in the value of the individual, association in society, interdependence between people, the sovereignty of the individual will, absolute equality before the law, equity in what one gives to and takes from the society, limited government, and cautious change.

I understand the flaws of our society, and I'm aware that "Father Knows Best" and "Happy Days" were fiction. I simply insist that any solutions to our flaws reflect the values above.

I don't see much point in "solutions" that don't actually solve the problem.
The principle s you outline wold be comparable with many........ Personally I agree withthem.

It could be the details that can get sticky.

Personally I kinda like a blend of both (conservative and Liberal).....with other specifics thrown in...like progressive thinking, science based facts, with a strong humanitarian component.

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons
Okay, here's the funny thing about the argument for illegal immigration. I've found that a LOT of the same people who support that crap also whine a lot about how cheap employers are with wages. They excuse illegal immigration simply as "people coming here and doing the jobs that Americans (or Canadians) won't do." And that's usually because the work effort to wage ratio sucks. But by justifying illegal immigration for that purpose, you give the employers no incentive to increase the wages for those jobs. And please don't suggest something like, 'employers will just automate those jobs' because it's a non-starter and does nothing to further the argument for illegal immigration.