Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Biden teleprompter breaks, can't debate

Votes: 1 50.0%

• Total voters

Ocean Breeze

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 5, 2005
Far-right Proud Boys group members appear thrilled by Trump's debate callout

https://www.nbcnews.com/tech/tech-n...debate-call-out-n1241512?cid=eml_nbn_20200929

White supremacists are happy .with Trump's crazy bully, interrupting kindergarten performance

Trump showed his personality in spades. Biden had some good moments..... and he did not back down. Trump LOST it....... with his childish bullying

The mod did not try hard enough to control Trump .........and Trump's uncontrolled behavior did him him. Once again......the rules don't apply to him. Biden had to react ........ Biden's best moments were when he spoke to the people.

This was not a USA finest moment........and the world saw it live. Trump will say he won. Trump is probably going twitter crazy soon.

BIDEN WILL attend the next debate. CNN reporting : source Biden camp.

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
CNN's Jake Tapper told viewers that the Trump-Biden debate “was a hot mess, inside a dumpster fire, inside a train wreck.”

ABC News’ George Stephanopoulos called the debate the “worst” he’s watched in 40 years.

“I have to speak personally here as someone who’s watched presidential debates for 40 years, as somebody who’s moderated presidential debates, as somebody who’s prepared candidates for presidential debates, as someone who’s covered presidential debates — that was the worst presidential debate I’ve ever seen in my life,” he said.

www.huffingtonpost.ca/entry/presidential-debate-trump-biden_

'They turned off more voters than they energised'

Ron Christie is a Republican political strategist, who also worked as a member of former Vice-President Dick Cheney's staff.

He tells BBC News that both campaigns should have set out their visions more clearly and politely.

"In these troubling times, the American people are looking for a bit more civility from their elected or soon to be elected officials."

Both campaigns need to "take a step back, go back home, and reflect," he says.

"They did a disservice to the American people," he said.

"They probably turned off many more voters than they energised tonight."

www.bbc.com/news/live/election-us-2020-54311223

Moderator Chris Wallace never established control of the debate. The two White House contenders talked over each other and lobbed insults in a breathtaking political brawl that made it hard for either to make a point.

“Will you shut up, man? This is so unpresidential,” said an exasperated Biden after Trump’s repeated interruptions during the first segment of the debate on the Supreme Court.

Biden later called Trump a “clown,” a “racist,” and “Putin’s puppy” in reference to Russian President Vladimir Putin and told Trump: “You’re the worst president America has ever had.”

Trump for his part said: “There’s nothing smart about you, Joe.”

nationalpost.com/news/world/u-s-presidential-debate-live-2020-tuesday-donald-trump-joe-biden

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick
A total shitshow.

I'm agreeing with those who have posted that the moderator needs to be able to shut the mic's off when they don't stick to answering questions or just talk over one another.

Trump was typically Trump.

All Joe had to do was stick to the point and ignore him. He didn't. He should have walked out when Trump obviously wasn't going to abide by the agreed rules.

Sad really.

Ocean Breeze

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 5, 2005
As usual....Trump horrible behavior set the tone. Biden won that debate........if you can cal it that. the USA is in a very sad place ........when all they have is that kind of showing to represent them. "Badgering Trump " was on full embarrassing display. Trump has his white supremacists on "stand by".......

serial lying and off the rails.

Ocean Breeze

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 5, 2005
A total shitshow.

I'm agreeing with those who have posted that the moderator needs to be able to shut the mic's off when they don't stick to answering questions or just talk over one another.

All Joe had to do was stick to the point and ignore him. He didn't. He should have walked out when Trump obviously wasn't going to abide by the agreed rules.

Sad really.
Biden was almost in a damned if you do, damned if you don't situation. If he walked out.......Trump would just use that and spin it in his favor. in the most horrific way. Trump is beyond despicable. So destructive. intimidation is not a debate tactic.
Apex predator.

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC

Mockingbird

Council Member
Nov 27, 2019
Calgary
As usual....Trump horrible behavior set the tone. Biden won that debate........if you can cal it that. the USA is in a very sad place ........when all they have is that kind of showing to represent them. "Badgering Trump " was on full embarrassing display. Trump has his white supremacists on "stand by".......

Yeah he does. The group he referenced, Proud Boys, posted this on Telegram not long after Trump's comment:

Mockingbird

Council Member
Nov 27, 2019
Calgary
Looks like BOOMer is a Proud Boy from all his rantings.

I think he's too old. But maybe they'll give him an honorary membership and a free sticker.

According to Wiki:

Membership in the Proud Boys requires:

According to David Neiwert, they recruit with emphasis on right-wing 15–30 year old white males who come primarily from suburbs and exurbs. The Proud Boys say they have an initiation process that has four stages and includes hazing. The first stage is a loyalty oath, on the order of "I’m a proud Western chauvinist, I refuse to apologize for creating the modern world"; the second is getting punched until the person recites pop culture trivia, such as the names of five breakfast cereals; the third is getting a tattoo and agreeing to not masturbate; and the fourth is getting into a major fight "for the cause."

The Daily Beast reported in February 2018 that the Proud Boys have amended rules. Prohibition against cargo shorts, use of opioids and crystal meth. The article states restrictions were not placed on cocaine. The masturbation policy was modified to read: "no heterosexual brother of the Fraternity shall masturbate more than one time in any calendar month".

Women and transgender men are not allowed in the organization.

Why, they sound just lovely don't they?

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
A total shitshow.
Sad really.
I was one of the ones who said the moderator needed a mic cut-off, but I've changed my mind.

He needed a Taser.

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek

I do not think anyone 'won' last night's debate. The behavior of both men was deplorable especially considering this was to be a 'presidential' debate. If that is the best on offer Americans are badly done by.

Hoid

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 15, 2017
Re Trump and the Proud Boys
I thought fat guys were supposed to be jolly.

Twin_Moose

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 17, 2017
Twin Moose Creek
One really good shot Trump got in during the peaceful transition of power segment "I'm still waiting for the peaceful transition from the 2016 election"

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Did anyone else notice Joe lying about Hunter taking pay outs?

He refused to answer with a simple no. He gave a 3rd party no.