Trudeau Town Halls Showing It's The People Not the Politicians that are the Problem

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
Re: Liberals less popular after Trudeau's town hall tour

maybe they need classes on how to talk to the people like the U.S. dems do.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA

Nanos also notes Ontario Premier Kathleen Wynne’s waning popularity may be partially to blame for tarnishing the broader Liberal brand. Harsh criticism aimed at Wynne over soaring hydro bills has put the province’s Liberal and Conservative parties in a dead heat among those surveyed in the province.

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island

In the west his popularity started at zero so it is kind of hard to get any lower.

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
No, it is the Prime Minister, and no, I can't give him a break.

I'm biased against our PM because he admires the basic dictatorship of the Chinese Communist Party, who have murdered more people than any other entity in all the world's bloody history.

I'm biased against our PM because he admires Fidel Castro, another commie mass murderer.

I'm biased against our PM because he thinks he can save the world from global warming by wrecking our competitiveness, when we contribute a minor amount of GHGs.

I'm biased against our PM because he is a damned liar. Maximum 10 billion deficit? HA!

I'm biased against our PM because he is seriously indebting my grandchildren.

I'm biased against our PM because he is a damned liar. Helping the middle class? His vaunted "tax break" was insignificant unless you made more money than the average Canadian worker. Then he adds a tax on carbon (everything), a proposal for new CPP taxes, and a proposed tax on health benefits.

I'm biased against our PM because he is a damned liar. "People like me don't need help with child care" Then he hires two nannies (TWO!) on the gov't dime.

I'm biased against our PM because he is trying to undermine freedom of conscience with Bill C-16. .

I'm biased against the PM because he literally "crosses the line" and assaults MPs on the floor of the House.

I'm biased against our PM because he is an idiot that thinks budgets balance themselves, and doesn't know what the Baltic States are.......

I'm biased against our PM because he trots out a 10 year old kid as the wonderful example of transgender.....an act that is simply blatant child abuse.

I'm biased against our PM because he is Trudeau's son.....but that is wayyyyy down the list.

I'm biased against our PM because he claims to be a "feminist", then refuses to acknowledge the sex slavery of Yazidi girls as a war crime until the UN tells him to.

I'm biased against our PM because he is a believer in the UN to start with.

I'm biased against our PM because he sends 225 people on jets to a climate change conference.

I'm biased against our PM because he is about to add more gun control to our already insanely confused and overly restrictive gun laws.

I'm biased against our PM because he is gutting the military, while pretending not to......."deferring" purchases of military equipment.
Etc.

I'm biased against our PM because he is trying to warp the electoral system to the favour of the Liberal Party of Canada.

I'm biased against the PM because he is so stupid he thinks what aboriginal youth need most is "a place to store their canoes and paddles"

I'm biased against the PM because he is "against this attack on Muslims" By Muslims. Diversity is our strength. NOT.

But most of all, I am biased against our PM because he has labeled Canada a "post-national" country. What a ****ing idiot!

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Soooo....the spineless twerp couldn't face the moonbats he lied to in Vancouver eh?

Pathetic yet predictable.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015

It may go down a bit as he heads west and then rebound back up to around zero again as he heads back east

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit

After chickening out of facing the voters he lied to in Vancouver I'd wager he has lost another 10 points.

mentalfloss

Prickly Curmudgeon Smiter
Jun 28, 2010
All leaders should hold town halls

The most extraordinary thing about Prime Minister Justin Trudeau’s listening tour of ordinary Canadians is that it’s extraordinary.

How did we get to the point in Canada where a prime minister answering the unfiltered questions of ordinary Canadians is as strange and foreign to us as a unicorn sighting?

We think all prime ministers -- and premiers -- should be doing the same thing, as a matter of course.

Yes, we’ve heard the criticism that Trudeau’s listening tour was just a cynical ploy by the Prime Minister’s Office to change the channel on Liberal scandals like cash-for-access fundraising and Trudeau’s attempt to keep his winter holiday with the Aga Khan on a private island in the Bahamas a secret.

But whatever the motivation was, the result has been positive.

It’s good that a Canadian prime minister is actually seeing and hearing how his policies are impacting ordinary Canadians, and answering their questions about them.

All leaders should hold town halls  | Editorial | Opinion | Winnipeg Sun

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Ordinary Liberal Party members.

With Clark up for reelection it would have been damaging to her had he faced those he lied to.

selfsame

Time Out
Jul 13, 2015
I'm biased against our PM because he is seriously indebting my grandchildren.

Take it easy, grandpa :lol:
He should not do so; if I am in his place, I will not do that to your grandchildren.
Anyhow, he may be a good-hearted man; I saw him dress a refugee girl and treat her kindly. :canada:

Last edited:

personal touch

House Member
Sep 17, 2014
alberta/B.C.
There was one here on CC a month ago. You had to sign up for the town hall by giving all your information to the Liberal Party of Canada. You would think a Prime Minister on a non-partisan town hall tour that was not an election campaign would have done it through the Government of Canada website. I am sure the government is paying for the tour.
OMG
I would love to participate,how did I miss such great things?
Where do I look

It's about the town halls in general.
Snicker

I'm sorry. I made it all up. Trudeau actually is as popular in Alberta as the town hall video would suggest.
I think it is more about the love of Liberal values,the leader of these values is secondary
Lots of great Liberals in Alberta,
Then there here are those conflicted Liberals who classify themselves as a romantic Liberal,like myself who doesn't have a political home to nest into
The moral of the story,if you can find a nest in n Alberta go for it

personal touch

House Member
Sep 17, 2014
alberta/B.C.
Identifying oneself as a romantic Liberal softens responses in rural Alberta ,the madness can be lightened

Romantic Libetals are different from main stream Liberals

Liberals