Trudeau Town Halls Showing It's The People Not the Politicians that are the Problem

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons
He created his own because he's got an ideological agenda.
But not you. Nooooooo, you never post sh*t with an agenda. :lol: Man, you push the leftist narrative like it's a quadriplegic in a wheelchair.
Oh, and uh, creating a different thread is not hijacking this one you whiny sucky baby.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON
He created his own because he's got an ideological agenda.

Which is sad.

Everybody adds their own spin while starting new threads. You for example changed the title to be your own spin about 1 hour after spammy posted the same thread without the spin.

http://forums.canadiancontent.net/canadian-politics/149507-indigenous-elder-asks-respect-after.html

Also, as far as I can tell, Locutus is posting about a Regina town hall and you are talking about a Winnipeg one so I don't think they are the same post.

This is different from the argument Cannuck is making but I would agree with that policy for security reasons.

So you are agreeing that it should have been arranged on a Government of Canada website? Just seeking clarification as your statement seems to imply the opposite.

Last edited:

Remington1

Council Member
Jan 30, 2016
Is going around the country a good thing, for the people who love Trudeau and want selfies, certainly yes. Is it good for unity, I would say yes as well. Is it good for the economy? no. Is is beneficial to the trajectory of jobs, no; plan to lower the deficit, no; does it lower the huge spending spree the Libs are on, no. Is it going to curtail his selling of favour to the Chinese or any other big wig, no.

mentalfloss

Prickly Curmudgeon Smiter
Jun 28, 2010
Of course it's good for the economy.

When people are happy about the direction of the country, they are motivated to perform well at work as well.

spilledthebeer

Executive Branch Member
Jan 26, 2017
Gotta love taxpayer funded, single party election campaigns in the middle of a mandate

Oh that's the right spirit! LIE-berals do not want a full discussion of anything. They just want to waltz in, spew some propaganda and have us nod in slavish awe struck devotion while they pick our pockets with endless taxes!

mentalfloss

Prickly Curmudgeon Smiter
Jun 28, 2010
Oh that's the right spirit! LIE-berals do not want a full discussion of anything. They just want to waltz in, spew some propaganda and have us nod in slavish awe struck devotion while they pick our pockets with endless taxes!

Trump is a lieberal confirmed.

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
Indigenous elder steps in to end tense moment between Trudeau and pipeline protester

Protesters gave Prime Minister Justin Trudeau pause during his town hall meeting in Winnipeg on Thursday, until an Indigenous elder stepped in to ask for their "respect."

The prime minister was in the city for the 10th stop on his cross-country tour. The forum got started late at around 4 p.m. in front of a packed house at the University of Winnipeg.

Trudeau was asked to justify his decision to approve the Trans Mountain and Line 3 pipelines, when a handful of chanting protesters cut him off mid-answer, shouting "Climate leaders don't build pipelines."

The prime minister attempted to continue speaking before stopping and addressing protesters directly, asking multiple times for permission to continue his answer.

"We need to be able to have responsible conversations in this country. We need to listen to each other respectfully, and we are going to disagree from time to time. That happens. That's why we have elections. That's why we have opportunities to debate. That's why I'm having town halls to make sure that I'm hearing from a broad range of voices," he said.

"I'm taking the opportunity not afforded to me in seven-minute news clips on the 11 o'clock news to actually share my thought process, my reflection on how we need to move forward responsibly as a country to do that, and I feel uncomfortable having to do that with people shouting over my voice."

After a continued back-and-forth between the prime minister and the protesters, an Indigenous elder asked Trudeau for the microphone.

Indigenous elder steps in to end tense moment between Trudeau and pipeline protester - Manitoba - CBC News

The way I read this, anti-pipeline protestors were the problem here - funny that.

If Harper did the same thing, I would support it.

Trudeau is right - we need to have an ongoing, civil discourse. Large scale disputes need to have rational, utilitarian solutions.

There should be one of these every month.

I agree - ban anti-pipeline protestors, problem solved.............oh and good luck with that. :lol:

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta

Couldn't agree more. They are just like Trumpites

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
CTV is reporting that though Justin attended the Year of the Rooster celebrations in Vancouver today he will not hold so much as a single town hall in our province. No way this kid is his father's son, Pierre would have welcomed the challenged and probably uttered some profanities while doing so, he would not have stayed out of the fray. He mostly certainly would not have shown up in the province to march in a parade, get lots of selfies with the crowd and refuse to take so much as single question.

Justin needs to develop a backbone. It says much about his character that he would choose to avoid controversy rather than meeting it head on.

Well, you aren't the brightest bulb in the home depot.

Yes well, my Dad always said I had a tendency to hide my light under a bushel, mf.

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
how in the hell do invertebrates even make it this far up the food chain anyway?
shouldn't we be greasing the chains so we can protect our troughs?

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
Liberals less popular after Trudeau's town hall tour

*snerk*

The Liberal Party’s popularity is slipping on the heels of Prime Minister Justin Trudeau’s 10-stop cross-country town hall tour, as mounting concern about Canada-U.S. trade relations and the cash-for-access controversy erodes his comfortable advantage over opposition leaders, according to the latest Nanos Weekly National Ballot Tracking.

The data shows the Liberals’ current ballot support slipping below 40 per cent, as the opposition Conservatives climb into the 30 per cent range. The NDP has flat-lined in recent weeks, garnering favour with 16 per cent of Canadians surveyed.

“Justin Trudeau has the advantage, but we are seeing a negative trend line,” pollster Nik Nanos told CTV’s Power Play. “Usually when the Prime Minister of Canada goes on a charm offensive out to talk to Canadians, it’s intended to drive the numbers up.”

mo

Liberals less popular after Trudeau's town hall tour: Nanos survey | CTV News

Johnnny

Frontiersman
Jun 8, 2007
Third rock from the Sun
Re: Liberals less popular after Trudeau's town hall tour

It was hard to find much of anything about the tour as he travelled from city to city. Seemed more like a sight seeing tour to me.

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015

It was hard to find much of anything about the tour as he travelled from city to city. Seemed more like a sight seeing tour to me.

"Selfie ops for teenaged girls"

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA

Rough waters ahead for Trudeau it seems.