Trudeau makes another brilliant statement.

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
My next question:

Mr Ignatieff was clarifying his Liberal colleague Justin Trudeau’s assertion that it was inappropriate to describe “honor killings” as “barbaric” rather than “totally unacceptable“. The prof’s view is that there’s no such thing as “honor killings”: Liberal leader Michael Ignatieff said: “Let’s not play word games with this stuff . . . There’s no such thing as an honour killing, there’s only killing and it’s a crime everywhere,” he said.
Unfortunately, in wacky Pakistan, “moderate” Jordan and many places in between, the law distinguishes between “killing” (which is a crime) and killing a woman because she’s dishonored your family (which often gets reported as a suicide or accident or, if brought to court at all, results in acquittal or desultory six-month sentences).

Do you have to be a complete idiot to get into the Liberal party, or does it just help???

Are Grown-Ups Infected By Multiculti “Values”? - By Mark Steyn - The Corner - National Review Online

Justin inherited all the brains.....of his mother.

I loathed that SOB Pierre, but at least he wasn't stupid.

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta
That would be nice, except that no Christian cultural practices DO tolerate spousal abuse.......

Relativism is brain-dead.

LOL...you should come out here and see how the Mennonites live before you go and say something so silly.

But that really isn't relevant.

TenPenny

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 9, 2004
Location, Location
Then that is where we disagree. To communicate correctly and effectively, the proper message must be sent so the receiver understands completely. That is accomplished doing it my way and may not work doing it your way ergo, my way (Trudeau's way) is better.

I think that your post proves quite nicely that you have a different idea of what the message being communicated is. Which, apparently, is also the case for the Liberal Party. Which is certainly fine, when they get into power, they can change the message to whatever they want to appear to be suggesting they might want to be considered to be thinking about saying. And they can hire you to think about doing it.

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta
I think that your post proves quite nicely that you have a different idea of what the message being communicated is.

Nonsense. Everybody here knows that the message is that honor killings etc will not be tolerated. However, a message is not a message unless it is received and understood. It does not matter in the slightest if you receive it and understand it. It matters if the targeted recipient receives it and understands it. It is quite clear that you don't understand the P's in the P-Post system. Unfortunately you are not alone.

PoliticalNick

The Troll Bashing Troll
Mar 8, 2011
Edson, AB
Then that is where we disagree. To communicate correctly and effectively, the proper message must be sent so the receiver understands completely. That is accomplished doing it my way and may not work doing it your way ergo, my way (Trudeau's way) is better.

communicate correctly and effictively eh?

How about 'Keep your f..king torture, murder and mutilation out of our country and if you support torture, murder and mutilation you can stay the f..k out too!'

I think everyone understands that clearly. Does anyone here need further clarification? Pretty effective right!

Retired_Can_Soldier

The End of the Dog is Coming!
Mar 19, 2006
Alberta
Nothing more than rightard deflection of the glaring co ckups that have been following the Neocons as they circle the bowl. It's election time and unless Harper takes a huge ass raping from the NDP it's on. When the books are opened and the spending spree is revealed for what it is, reckless and pork barreling, I am sure we'll hear another round of how it's the Liberals fault and paying our debt this government racked up is unfair to the tax payer. I can see the faces around this table that should keep their traps shut lest they find the plate of crow a larger portion than they can stomach.

And what does that have to do with Justin's idiotic stance, that he backed away from I mention?

Check the polls Unf, the Cons only slipped a little, if the Liberal Party doesn't get its crap together the latest witch hunt will be a worthless endeavor. Canadians care about two things right now. Do I have a Job and will I have a job, beyond that its all just same old same old.

Your party is lost in the woods and in need of a leader and a compass. Until they figure that out business as usual.

I understand how you feel. Its frustrating being in opposition. I know how frustrated I was as I watched Canadian Soldiers thrown to the wolves while Liberals stuffed the pockets of other Liberal friends in Quebec with cash.

It's funny you know, I am actually frustrated with the policies in place that treat our vets with such disrespect, but the alternative is a party who did even worse things to our soldiers.

Sparrow

Council Member
Nov 12, 2006
Quebec
Give me a break Unf. Half the reason we have people importing this kind of crap into our Country is because we spend far too much time tripping all over ourselves afraid to offend. A few weeks ago you exercised the good sense to point out that political correctness had run amok and caused the censorship of Money for Nothing.

This kind of stupidity breeds division. Cutting up a girl, honour killing, and treating women as cattle is barbaric. Even Justin now admits that he painted himself into a corner. In my opinion if people want to live in a culture like that they should bloody well stay put because we don't treat people like that here as a rule. That is not a left or right issue. Its a Canada issue. If you dont like a gays, if you want to mutilate girls, don't come.
I agree so lets call it what it is BARBARIC and stop pussy footing around.

Durry

House Member
May 18, 2010
Canada
It's funny you know, I am actually frustrated with the policies in place that treat our vets with such disrespect, but the alternative is a party who did even worse things to our soldiers.
My impressions are that the Cons would like to do more but the Libs object because that's all they know what to do !!

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
I hope the press sticks with this as it is sure to swing a few votes to the Conservatives. :smile:

Retired_Can_Soldier

The End of the Dog is Coming!
Mar 19, 2006
Alberta
My impressions are that the Cons would like to do more but the Libs object because that's all they know what to do !!

I can't agree Durry. The lump sum payout to wounded soldiers is a travesty. A soldier loses both legs and they hand him/her 250 G's and say see yuh later. You can't buy a house with a wheel chair ramp with 250 G's let alone maintain Prosthetics , or alter a personal vehicles.

The Conservatives promised to change these things when they were in opposition, I know because I was on the front lines of this fight and I remember the promises. Spoke to a few of the serving MP's about these very issues. The VAC system is a disgusting travesty. I remember when a Warrant Officer was shot in Bosnia and bull he had to go through to get a wheel chair ramp build was a F ing ridiculous. Not much has changed in that regard.

PoliticalNick

The Troll Bashing Troll
Mar 8, 2011
Edson, AB
Effective at what? Making you look like a knob? I for one am glad our government doesn't resort to childish rants.

A knob would be someone who tries to politely asks the guy killing his family to stop and expects it will work. There are times and situations when all politcal correctness should be tossed out the window.

You want a clear and easily understood message you make it clear and concise, don't pussyfoot around and try to be nice.

Durry

House Member
May 18, 2010
Canada
I can't agree Durry. The lump sum payout to wounded soldiers is a travesty. A soldier loses both legs and they hand him/her 250 G's and say see yuh later. You can't buy a house with a wheel chair ramp with 250 G's let alone maintain Prosthetics , or alter a personal vehicles.

The Conservatives promised to change these things when they were in opposition, I know because I was on the front lines of this fight and I remember the promises. Spoke to a few of the serving MP's about these very issues. The VAC system is a disgusting travesty. I remember when a Warrant Officer was shot in Bosnia and bull he had to go through to get a wheel chair ramp build was a F ing ridiculous. Not much has changed in that regard.

I agree we can't do enough for those who serve, we gotta make things better for those in need.
We all have to send a clearer message that we want our protectors looked after better so the sacrifice they make is recognized and they looked after if they need it.
I think if anyone is going to listen, it will be the Conservatives more than any of the other parties!!

On a side note, a bit off topic tho, what is your opinion of not all Canadian ethnic groups not being equally represented in our military ? This always seems to annoy me !!!