Trudeau defends holiday fur card

Sparrow

Council Member
Nov 12, 2006
Quebec
Like I told two animal activists against killing animals came to my door to preach to me -- "The day you stop wearing leather jackets, using leather briefcases, wearing leather shoes and eat meat you can pissssss offfff," They were actually using all these leather products. Funny their mouths fell open and they left without another word.

PETA can do the same thing.

Excuse my language.

Retired_Can_Soldier

The End of the Dog is Coming!
Mar 19, 2006
Alberta

Charlotte Ross is soooooo hot. What was this thread about again?

Walter

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 28, 2007
Trudeau is toast because he is a Liberal. Ross is hot. I miss NYPD Blue.

Nuggler

kind and gentle
Feb 27, 2006
Backwater, Ontario.
It literally pains me to say this, but good on Justin. I am so sick of tree hugging, veggie eating, fake outraging, "what kind of message is this sending?" nitwits spewing all over the place.

Big deal I eat pussy.

:lol::wav: Probably going to have to buy a new keyboard now. This one is covered in coffee.:glasses11:

Wish i could afford a nice coyote fur coat. or wolf. Maybe it's wolf hunting time.:thumbright:

HEY BEAR!!! You remember how to skin and cure furs??? Could you help an old white guy??

Nuggler

kind and gentle
Feb 27, 2006
Backwater, Ontario.
Cured two deer hides this year. Gave one to the youth group I work with for crafts, the other in lying over the back of my couch.

Never mind; just found my old trapping manual, way back on the back shelf. Used it to make some Rabbit hand warmers many years . ago. Not that the rabbits needed them.

But now i gotta go actually OUT and HUNT. ................nah!! snow's too deep. too cold. too old. gun ain't oiled. knife ain't sharp. sooner sit here and shoot the shyte.

But, thanks for the offer.

Ron in Regina

"Voice of the West" Party
Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
The Folks in this pic:

.....look very warm. I don't understand the controversy, or maybe it's...I couldn't be bothered to.
I have no issue with furs for warmth. Worked in Northern Sask for years. Knew many that
suplimented their income with trap lines. Actually gave extentions on loans to some for
the fur rates to fluxuate in the Northern Stores.

Machjo

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 19, 2004
Ottawa, ON
But a dependency on petroleum products.

Good call.

I confess. That's why I'm more critical of PETA criticizing others who eat meat and wear furs than I am of the people who eat meat and wear furs. Sure I try to rely on natural fabrics such as cotton as much as possible, though I still acknowledge I also rely extensively on synthetics for some products. The difference though is that I don't go around criticizing others who wear synthetic products, unlike hamburger-munching PETA members who go around criticizing those who wear furs. In the end, if you don't practice what you preach, you lose all credibility.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
I confess. That's why I'm more critical of PETA criticizing others who eat meat and wear furs than I am of the people who eat meat and wear furs. Sure I try to rely on natural fabrics such as cotton as much as possible, though I still acknowledge I also rely extensively on synthetics for some products. The difference though is that I don't go around criticizing others who wear synthetic products, unlike hamburger-munching PETA members who go around criticizing those who wear furs. In the end, if you don't practice what you preach, you lose all credibility.
Well said. I was just poking you in the ribs btw.

Machjo

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 19, 2004
Ottawa, ON
PETA has propaganda specifically tailored for kids. Worthy of respect? I think not....

Cooking Mama, The Unauthorized PETA Edition: Mama Kills Animals | PETA.org

While I do fully agree that that video is propaganda in somewhat bad taste, I did not come across anything in it that I knew ot be false. Quite honestly though, some kids, especially boys, would likely find it funny.

We should be careful with the word propaganda though, as its more negative meaning is fairly recent in the English language. I just looked at the video in your link, "Meet your meat", and I saw absolutely nohting unfactual that I could identify. In fat, nowhere does it even tell you not to eat meat!

While I can criticize PETA for many things, I actually think this video is education and instructional. It teaches a child the steps involved in preparing a Turkey, namely plucking and gutting. Then it's followed by interesting facts about turkey life and death on the farm. While I would not necessarily waste school time on such a website, I'd have no qualms about a child visiting it and going through it. Why sensor the truth?

lone wolf

Grossly Underrated
Nov 25, 2006
In the bush near Sudbury
Cooking Mama? Bloody knives? I'd have to get my grand-daughter to call up the Mario Bros / PETA site where it links fur with McDonalds etc... Now I have a self-proclaimed vegetarian grandkid who doesn't like veggies. Is that healthy?

Praxius

Mass'Debater
Dec 18, 2007
Halifax, NS & Melbourne, VIC

Trudeau defends holiday fur card

Trudeau defends holiday fur card - Yahoo! News

Oh, oh Trudeau's political career is done.. :roll:

Big frigging deal. There's a coyote problem here in atlantic canada, go clear em out and put some use to them, ie: keeping people warm in the winter.

Oh the precious poor little animals, oh boo hoo.

Tell me how much more pollution goes into the planet by manufacturing coats and other clothing out of synthetic materials.

Where are the damn tree hugging vegans on that?

The fact of the matter is if these clowns ever bothered to look at their own principles and see what would really happen if everything they believed in was done..... humanity would be wiped out of existence, because we couldn't wear anything to keep warm, because it would either kill a beaver or pollute the planet, killing more beavers..... we wouldn't be able to walk on trails or go into the woods without the fear of being attacked and killed by animals..... after all, we can't fight back and harm the precious animals, and we were in their territory don't forget, so we had it coming.

Even though that territory and them even being alive without being hunted and killed out of existence is out of our own good grace...... even though we are also a part of nature and this planet and have every damn right to be here just as much as the animals.

Oh and don't forget we couldn't eat, since we don't have to live eating meat.... oh but wait, plants have been shown to respond to damage, pain, harm and death..... they're technically alive too..... so we can make them suffer by boiling them alive or chopping them up in front of their families.

Let's face it.... these Ethical Treatment of the Daft are complete morons, don't know wtf they're talking about and only shout and cry in defense of animals because it gives them attention and it let's them pat themselves on the back, thinking they actually did something good for the world.

They sure did do something, they wasted my god damn life in reading about their stupid antics and complaints.

You want to know what's inhumane?

Allowing these traitors of humanity to waste air on this planet that could be put to better use in some dolphin that does tricks, like escaping from tuna nets.

Merry Fk'n Christmas folks. :p

Machjo

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 19, 2004
Ottawa, ON
Cooking Mama? Bloody knives? I'd have to get my grand-daughter to call up the Mario Bros / PETA site where it links fur with McDonalds etc... Now I have a self-proclaimed vegetarian grandkid who doesn't like veggies. Is that healthy?

He doesn't like veggies or he doesn't eat veggies? He does need at least some veggies to be healthy, along with grains, fruit, and legumes. Perhaps advise him that if he insists on being vegetarian, to buy himself a vegetarian cook book that also teaches him how to balance his diet.