trudeau crossed the floor and pushed aside NDP MPs

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009
A Mouse Once Bit My Sister
Yep, but pretty thin! (I already had that figured out, just wanted Cap't. to admit it) I'm not sure that being falsely accused is a similarity.

I just answered your question as to a photo... Somehow you started having some homoerotic fantasies on the subject.

PS - nothing wrong if you are gay, not my business really

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
This is not a court of law, therefore innocent until proven guilty does not apply.

Ghomeshi as much as admitted the assaults when he signed a peace bond.

Ghomeshi signs peace bond, apologizes for 'sexually inappropriate' conduct | CP24.com

I watched Trudeau on tape elbow Brosseau whilst committing an assault on Gordon Brown.

Any difference between Trudeau and Ghomeshi is one of degree..........

Was signing the peace bond an admission of his guilt or just a sign he was getting tired of the procedure and just wanted to put an end to the entire hassle? The judge said "not guilty", so that's the verdict we have to accept. I watched the video of Justin about 8 to 10 times and there was no way that I could tell for sure he elbowed her in the chest. His elbow could have stopped an inch short of her chest for all I could tell. Even if it did connect could it definitely be construed as assault? If so I've probably committed assault every time I've been in a busy department store. Don't get me wrong I'm not a fan of either one of the A$$holes, but one problem we have is there's a million more like them. I guess it's human nature, when people figure out there's something wrong with a person then everything is wrong with them or if they are considered to be right about something, then they can do no wrong. Pretty well everyone on the planet is a mixture of good and bad.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON
Was signing the peace bond an admission of his guilt or just a sign he was getting tired of the procedure and just wanted to put an end to the entire hassle? The judge said "not guilty", so that's the verdict we have to accept. I watched the video of Justin about 8 to 10 times and there was no way that I could tell for sure he elbowed her in the chest. His elbow could have stopped an inch short of her chest for all I could tell. Even if it did connect could it definitely be construed as assault? If so I've probably committed assault every time I've been in a busy department store. Don't get me wrong I'm not a fan of either one of the A$$holes, but one problem we have is there's a million more like them. I guess it's human nature, when people figure out there's something wrong with a person then everything is wrong with them or if they are considered to be right about something, then they can do no wrong. Pretty well everyone on the planet is a mixture of good and bad.

The dragging of the conservative whip is assault by any definition. He definitely did that. But the conservative whip chose not to press charges.

The piece bond is not an admission of guilt.

3 apologies by the PM could be considered an admission.

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009
The dragging of the conservative whip is assault by any definition. He definitely did that. But the conservative whip chose not to press charges.

The piece bond is not an admission of guilt.

3 apologies by the PM could be considered an admission.

yabut, yabut, yabut, innocent until proven guilty and even then, there is the Appellate Court... And even then we don't know his intentions

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009
Well, he is an angry man.

Ironic though, in viewing the film reels of Hitler (during his speeches to the masses), he came across as one seriously angry dude.

... But then again, I don't speak German and I am told that it is not considered one of the romance languages

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Well, he is an angry man.

Ironic though, in viewing the film reels of Hitler (during his speeches to the masses), he came across as one seriously angry dude.

... But then again, I don't speak German and I am told that it is not considered one of the romance languages
I do, and while it's not a Romance (note capitalization) language, it can be strangely beautiful at times. If nothing else, it's very precise compared to the sloppy ambiguity of English.

Still, the context of your quote seems to be "I wish Trudeaubama was more like Hitler." Which, I gotta say, is one of the weirder sentiments I've seen expressed in a year with a bumper crop of weird sentiments.

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009
I do, and while it's not a Romance (note capitalization) language, it can be strangely beautiful at times. If nothing else, it's very precise compared to the sloppy ambiguity of English.

Curious... Is German founded on a Latin root?

Still, the context of your quote seems to be "I wish Trudeaubama was more like Hitler." Which, I gotta say, is one of the weirder sentiments I've seen expressed in a year with a bumper crop of weird sentiments.

Call it a communication error on my part.

The premise of the quote appeared interesting solely on the comparables illustrated within.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Curious... Is German founded on a Latin root?
No. The two major threads of Western European languages are Romance (Latin-based) and Teutonic (German-based). A smaller but still influential thread is Celtic.

Romance languages include French, Italian, Spanish, and so forth. Easy to tell because most of the root words are Latin, e.g., "pedus" for "foot," "manus" for "hand," and so forth.

Teutonic languages include German, Dutch, Swedish, Norse, and so forth. Usually the root words are recognizably German, as in "fuss" and "hand" in the above examples.

Because of the unique history of the Big Island (originally Celtic, then invaded and overtaken by Germanics, then invaded and overtaken by French speakers), modern English is an amalgam of Romance and Germanic, with a little Celtic thrown in.

Thus, for the root word "pedus" or "foot," we have the Romance-derived words pedestrian, pedestal, pedal, &c., whilst at the same time having the Germanic-derived words "foot," "football," "footpath," and so on.

Same with "manus:" manual, manufacture, manipulate; or handiwork, hand-crafted, or just plain old "hand."

The continual amalgamation and adoption of other languages, other grammar, and other roots is what makes English such a uniquely powerful and flexible language, but there are downsides in imprecision and ambiguity, as in the traditional confusion between you (singular) and you (plural).

Down home, we settled that by dividing it into "you" and "y'all," but it don't seem to have caught on. Great ideas sometimes don't.

Call it a communication error on my part.

The premise of the quote appeared interesting solely on the comparables illustrated within.

Heck, I don't care much. Just noting that while I understand you hate Trudeaubama, favorably comparing Hitler kinda opens you up to some stuff you might could not wanna get.

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009
Interesting commentary on the language issue... Appreciate your taking the time on that.

As per the Hitler/Trudeau comparison, while I generally find it disingenuous to make the Nazi comparison to anything, this one had elements of interest.

Point: Hitler was a maniacal, blood thirsty and power mad. His actions lead not only to the mass destruction throughout continental Europe, but also an orchestrated program of extermination of unique peoples, most notably the Jews.

As for Trudeau, one could easily argue that despite him being an angry man, his outburst(s) may represent a venting of that anger in a manner that would represent the antithesis of the Nazi regeime... Clearly this would be a far superior circumstance.

All the same, as for Trudeau, the expression 'You reap what you sow ' is directly applicable here

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Interesting commentary on the language issue... Appreciate your taking the time on that.

As per the Hitler/Trudeau comparison, while I generally find it disingenuous to make the Nazi comparison to anything, this one had elements of interest.

Point: Hitler was a maniacal, blood thirsty and power mad. His actions lead not only to the mass destruction throughout continental Europe, but also an orchestrated program of extermination of unique peoples, most notably the Jews.

As for Trudeau, one could easily argue that despite him being an angry man, his outburst(s) may represent a venting of that anger in a manner that would represent the antithesis of the Nazi regeime... Clearly this would be a far superior circumstance.

All the same, as for Trudeau, the expression 'You reap what you sow ' is directly applicable here

There's an old adage you might consider......................."One swallow does not a summer make" (or a drunk)

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
There's an old adage you might consider......................."One swallow does not a summer make" (or a drunk)
It can start a bing for a 'former drunk'. You might as well say 'one swallow does not a marriage make.'