Trudeau Begs the U.S to Tighten it's Immigration Laws

White_Unifier

Senate Member
Feb 21, 2017
And even the passport is available only to citizens, not permanent residents, but it's what comes closest to a national ID card in Canada. Permanent residents do have their PR cards though, the government does issue a refugee travel document to refugees, and foreign nationals all need passports (except some select countries for which Canada allows enhanced driving licenses.

If we wanted to standardize somewhat, we could just require everyone in Canada to possess a national passport (whether Canadian or foreign) or a refugee travel document. It still wouldn't provide a common standardized ID card but it would be a major improvement over the chaos we now have.

There are all types of IDs. Most everyone has a drivers license and if you don't have or want a license the DMV provides an approved ID. If you are getting any public services, an ID is provided. All military personnel have IDs. If you want a credit or debit card you need an ID.

Democrats and Liberals just don't want an Voter ID Law. I guess they want the option to commit voter fraud.

Aren't licenses provided by each state though just like in Canada, they're provided by each province? This means more complications in terms of downloading data into a more common database for practical purposes between states to ID people when traveling inter-state. I'm sure they've integrated to a degree, but how efficiently I'm not sure. Since each state and province handles them, any integrated system is probably highly expensive and inefficient compared to just a common centralized database.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
Aren't licenses provided by each state though just like in Canada, they're provided by each province? This means more complications in terms of downloading data into a more common database for practical purposes between states to ID people when traveling inter-state. I'm sure they've integrated to a degree, but how efficiently I'm not sure. Since each state and province handles them, any integrated system is probably highly expensive and inefficient compared to just a common centralized database.

Yes they are and the states are already integrated.

For example, if I go through a toll in another state and don't have my EZ Pass... I'll get a bill in the mail. If I get a moving violation in another state it is shared with all the states databases. The centralized database is already in place and has been for years.

White_Unifier

Senate Member
Feb 21, 2017
Yes they are and the states are already integrated.

For example, if I go through a toll in another state and don't have my EZ Pass... I'll get a bill in the mail. If I get a moving violation in another state it is shared with all the states databases. The centralized database is already in place and has been for years.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but with an enhanced driving license, you can enter Canada without a passport. That means that if you enter with a driving license and your friend sitting beside you enters with only a passport, and CBSA want to verify things on you, they would need to check through two separate databases. I have little doubt that even they are quite integrated, but I'm sure the integration is probably more complex and so more prone to glitches, slow processing time, and freezing, etc. I'd imagine a more standardized ID and database would require simpler integration and so less risk of glitches, etc.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
Correct me if I'm wrong, but with an enhanced driving license, you can enter Canada without a passport. That means that if you enter with a driving license and your friend sitting beside you enters with only a passport, and CBSA want to verify things on you, they would need to check through two separate databases. I have little doubt that even they are quite integrated, but I'm sure the integration is probably more complex and so more prone to glitches, slow processing time, and freezing, etc. I'd imagine a more standardized ID and database would require simpler integration and so less risk of glitches, etc.

I don't think so. I will be going into Canada this summer and I just checked the entry laws again and I would need either a passport or a passport card. A passport card allows passage for Americans into Canada, Mexico, Bermuda, and the Caribbean. The same rules apply to Canadians, Mexicans, etc.

Unless things have changed within the last year. I entered Canada last year and everyone in the car had to show passports or passport cards.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Canada wants US to better enforce immigration laws to help combat the Canadian refugee problem

That has to be the biggest joke posted on this forum, this year. Trump was doing that and everyone whined about it, whereas our idiot in Ottawa opened the "flood gates" and welcomed tens of thousands of refugees with open arms and gave them all access to food, shelter, medical attention and education. He made the mess, he should sort it out.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
That has to be the biggest joke posted on this forum, this year. Trump was doing that and everyone whined about it, whereas our idiot in Ottawa opened the "flood gates" and welcomed tens of thousands of refugees with open arms and gave them all access to food, shelter, medical attention and education. He made the mess, he should sort it out.

That is so true.

Is it any wonder why the Alt-Left Liberal White Supremacists on this forum want these very important and popular threads to be stopped?

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Isn't J.T. being a little hypocritical wanting another country to tighten immigration when he opened the "flood gates" wider than any other country in the world. It seems he's right Johnny on the spot when it comes to moves to enhance his own popularity but a bit of a coward when it comes to unpopular decisions.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
Isn't J.T. being a little hypocritical wanting another country to tighten immigration when he opened the "flood gates" wider than any other country in the world. It seems he's right Johnny on the spot when it comes to moves to enhance his own popularity but a bit of a coward when it comes to unpopular decisions.

JT is being real hypocritical. He gives the go ahead for all migrants to come and now he's sweating it that they took him up on the offer.

10larry

Electoral Member
Apr 6, 2010
Niagara Falls
Supporting a throng of pm invited border crashers is no prob for an auto balancing budget slug, if he's to take cap in hand in washington best to beg trump to install a moderate or two in his war room. With bolton, pompeo and now haspel as his 'peace' advisors no nation or gov honcho can feel secure. I doubt this trio of rabid hawks respect any border even justyns'.