Toronto Police obtain crack video of Ford

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
Rob Ford pushes press off property - Toronto - CBC News

Screaming "GET OFF MY PROPERTY!" like a complete psycho.
I'm trying to figure out whether you're projecting or just confused as to what a psycho really is.

Drug addict, liar, bully, and so much less...
Let me guess, you love Der Star too.

Toronto can have this piece of human trash.
Thanks, I wish we could have him for a 5 more years.

yeah for all intents and purposes, they have...sucks
They caught him at what?

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
They caught at what?
Doing drugs...and it's no big surprise. He is a party boy. If they judge him by how well he is actually performing as mayor, they may well put him back in.

come on, you're not surprised?

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
You know what, it doesn't even matter if the video is legit or not. This is all we're going to hear about for the next couple of months, it's going to over ride all other considerations, issues, news and what not. Prepare to settle in and ride it out until Christmas.

I will be ignoring the lion's share of "news" on this; it's not my city, he's not my mayor, and I have other things to worry about. Wake me up when the jury reaches a verdict.

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
No, they haven't. It's still just accusations. When he is found guilty of something, then you can say he was "caught".
okay, fair enough, I like that, if people will stay that open minded, which I doubt

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
Doing drugs...
No they didn't.

They have a video of him allegedly smoking a crack pipe.

Do you know what a crack pipe looks like?

Did you know that pot pipes and crack pipes can and usually are one in the same?

When was the video taken?

What was in the pipe?

... and it's no big surprise. He is a party boy.
With a long well known history of pot and hash use.

If they judge him by how well he is actually performing as mayor, they may well put him back in.
Not likely to happen, to many people who are trained to focus on the drama, not the substance.

It's funny how so many Canadians look down their noses at Americans, over US style politics.

We're watching Canadian style politics going on here, and it's far more uglier than what I've seen in the states.

come on, you're not surprised?
No, actually I'm not. We finally see a politician run on a platform and then actually try to succeed at implementing it, and all the screaming unwashed masses can focus on, is allegations. Not the nitty gritty.

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
No they didn't.

They have a video of him allegedly smoking a crack pipe.

Do you know what a crack pipe looks like?

Did you know that pot pipes and crack pipes can and usually are one in the same?

When was the video taken?

With a long well known history of pot and hash use.

Not likely to happen, to many people who are trained to focus on the drama, not the substance.

It's funny how so many Canadians look down their noses at Americans, over US style politics.

We're watching Canadian style politics going on here, and it's far more uglier than what I've seen in the states.

No, actually I'm not. We finally see a politician run on a platform and then actually try to succeed at implementing it, and all the screaming unwashed masses can focus on, is allegations. Not the nitty gritty.
I don't know Bear, he is doing a good job, people are money conscious and they may overlook this...I really think there is a good chance if they look at his track record

I'm pulled both ways.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
I don't know Bear, he is doing a good job, people are money conscious and they may overlook this...I really think there is a good chance if they look at his track record
I don't think they will.

I don't have a lot of faith in my fellow man. (< Hey look Cannuck, I said something sexist, you should say something silly again, lol.)

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
I don't think they will.

I don't have a lot of faith in my fellow man.
green talks... that's my hope

he should do a bit more, he needs to get the weight off, he looks like an imminent stroke victim

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
green talks... that's my hope
It's not just the green that people care about.

The west end is all a praise over private garbage collection. The best they've ever had I hear. Not to mention, subways, not congestion causing LRT, which 82% of the people polled in Tdot said they don't want.

A politician that listens to his constituents.

Well I'll be damned!

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
Wow... a big ado about nothing.

Mayor Rob Ford says he won’t resign after police confirm they’ve seen video - Toronto | Globalnews.ca

“I have no reason to resign,” he told throngs of reporters outside his City Hall office. “I’m going to go back and return my phone calls, I’m going to be out doing what the people elected me to do. And that’s save taxpayers money.”

“It’s safe to say the Mayor does appear in the video,” Chief Blair said Thursday.
Blair told reporters there’s nothing in the video that would allow police to “form reasonable grounds” to lay a criminal charge.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
“I’m going to go back and return my phone calls, I’m going to be out doing what the people elected me to do. And that’s save taxpayers money.”

And that there folks, is the reason any of this is repeatedly pushed to the forefront by those with a great big axe to grind and their media lackeys.

Wouldn't you be pissy if you got dragged away from the trough, kicking and squealing?

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
How do you tell for sure that something in a picture is crack?

I repeat

Blair told reporters there’s nothing in the video that would allow police to “form reasonable grounds” to lay a criminal charge.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
How do you tell for sure that something in a picture is crack?
Without chemical analysis, you don't.

It could have been sativa.

It could have been bacon fat.

It could even be crackle, or candy, which are both pot oil products.

Who knows.

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
He is presumed innocent until proven guilty but in the eyes of the public perception
is the byword and he could well be finished you don't have to be guilty to be ruined
in politics. Personally I think he's several bricks short of a load.