Time to boycott Timmy's

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
Lately she has been making a consorted effort to attack every dam post I have made.. almost like a Internet Stalker.. she seems to dislike every opinion I have..

Well, so sorry, it's the Internet.. everyone has a different opinion.. that's what makes EVERYONE so unique.. but to attack (or at least that is how I feel she has been lately towards me) everything I post is getting ridiculous.

If SHE has a problem with me.. send me a PM. (and Jets are Cooling)

SHE is stuck home with laryngitis and unable to speak even to her family sitting right here so SHE has been replying to pretty much everybody. Take a look around.

Oh, has he been charged?

lol, JLM, did you read the article you posted? They've filed a human rights complaint. So yeah, he's been charged and I'm sure he'll go to trial. I just think that's the pervue of the courts and his community. I don't see the need for his personal information to be given out on a forum.

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
Is my little town the only town with a small coffee shop that employs real barista's and serves a reasonably priced cup of real coffee?

Nope. The Village of 100 Mile House can proudly boast The Chartreuse Moose. They offer a wide selection of coffees, grind your beans fresh and have a variety of really tasty luncheon items on offer. The aroma upon entering the place or simply passing by as the door opens wafting aromas of coffee through the air are so enticing....but I digress. They also offer all the special coffees though I much prefer straight black coffee which I 'doctor' myself. It is a great coffee house - well established, well run, innovative, they were the first such establishment to offer WiFi with a cup of coffee. It is always busy in the summer and usually sees brisk traffic in the winter.

Remember that name if you ever travel our way. It is worth a stop on journey for a good cup of joe. :smile:

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
lol, JLM, did you read the article you posted? They've filed a human rights complaint. So yeah, he's been charged and I'm sure he'll go to trial. I just think that's the pervue of the courts and his community. I don't see the need for his personal information to be given out on a forum.

Oh, OK, didn't really know that "filing a complaint" meant anymore than that, figured there may be some investigation before it goes further.

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
I say Timmy's should be boycotted until they serve a decent cup of coffee.

Where I live, Bear..........Timmy's is a decent cup of coffee if you're lookin' for a quickie. The Moose is the best but they are off the main drag and the coffee is great but the price matches the quality. I go there when I am feeling flush. A&W and DQ being the only other FF type choices..............well, Tims wins hands down. No it isn't coffee but it delivers a decent hit of caffeine when I am in a rush.

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
Oh, OK, didn't really know that "filing a complaint" meant anymore than that, figured there may be some investigation before it goes further.

Ah, good distinction. It seems almost to me though with the HRC, it's up to those charged to prove their innocence. It's kind of a backward system from what I've seen at the surface

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
The situation is maybe a little more complicated than that, in that area I think anyone who (really) wants a job has got one at $25-$40 an hour, so the ones that are left Timmy probably doesn't want. Anyone from outside the area probably isn't too keen to relocate up there for $10 an hour.

I wouldn't relocate there foe $30/hr. Might go to work if the shifts were good and someone else pays the fare.

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
there is something funny about fat food joints in dawson creek. When i was in vocational school there in the mid 70s the local a&w got busted putting dog food in the burgers. now i personally think it was an improvement to their regular slop but it is illegal.

LOL You got my funny bone there, ts.

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
The guy still sounds like an A$$hole and needs to be thumped upside the head! (There's a problem with formal procedures-:) )

I'm thinking that if he actually gets convicted of having taken their passports away from them, he'll be facing a pretty massive charge. That's human trafficking/slavery. Not sure what the precise charges are in Canada, but it's not a minor legal issue.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
The guy still sounds like an A$$hole and needs to be thumped upside the head! (There's a problem with formal procedures-:) )
he is just one of possbily hundreds of people doing this crap. My cousin's hubby does this ****. Hires mexicans for his construction company and rents them one of his houses at twice the going rate and only pays minimum wage. Under the permit they are not allowed to work for anyone else while in Canada so they are screwed.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
I'm thinking that if he actually gets convicted of having taken their passports away from them, he'll be facing a pretty massive charge. That's human trafficking/slavery. Not sure what the precise charges are in Canada, but it's not a minor legal issue.

Yeah, I'd say passports are fairly sacred!

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Convicted? He'll be found in violation of HR code and given a fine and possibly have to pay a "pain in the ***" settlement to the workers.

It's not trafficking/slavery, they are still being paid and he never bought or sold them.