Thomas Mulcair, being "Thomas Mulcair"....

Mulcair 1 thread

• Total voters

Redmonton_Rebel

Electoral Member
May 13, 2012
Like I said, I can only point out your errors, I can't make you understand how you made them.

The largest petroleum engineering project in human history, is taking place in Saudi Arabia.

I don't mind educating you ignorant Canadians. I consider it a public service.

Like hell it is, my family has had a small piece of the patch for decades, there's a huge difference between drilling and pumping oil from a reservoir and STRIP MINING hundreds and eventually thousands of square kilometres before eventually going underground to get as much of the rest of it they can.

You obviously don't have a clue about the issue.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Like hell it is, my family has had a small piece of the patch for decades, there's a huge difference between drilling and pumping oil from a reservoir and STRIP MINING hundreds and eventually thousands of square kilometres before eventually going underground to get as much of the rest of it they can.

I don't hear you bitching about the strip mined copper, iron, tin, nickel, bauxite, silver, gold and oil sands plastic that is giving you the ability post nonsense on the inter web.

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009
A Mouse Once Bit My Sister
I don't hear you bitching about the strip mined copper, iron, tin, nickel, bauxite, silver, gold and oil sands plastic that is giving you the ability post nonsense on the inter web.

I'm kinda interested about hearing how NOT mining the sands will magically make the bitumen that is at surface and through the aquifers magically go away.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
I understand that. But your claim was proven wrong.

You've yet to provide anything of any material nature to refute that, other than rhetoric and unsubstantiated anecdote.

I'm sure you have lots of issues that I'm not aware of.

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
The east and west divide has always been there and always will be.
Mulcair looks at the electoral map like anyone else. Ontario and the
Province of Quebec are front and center when it comes to seats and
therefore he is going to appeal to those voters at times.
What really needs to be done is turn this into a public discussion nationally
rather than a debate. We face a much bigger problem that a few politicians
making comments. This sector of our economy is getting a black eye all
over the world. The reason is we are not all on the same page.
I for one don't like the funding from a world trade point of view. I believe
there should be a reserve for national future use, and we should pay slightly
less that foreign countries. Natural resources should never be part of a free
trade deal with anyone.
I think the current Premier of Alberta is moving in the direction of bringing
various parts of the country together and begin the discussion. Harper is not
being helpful in the way he wants to stifle debate that has real value in the
decision making process and Mulcair is not being helpful when it comes to
keeping the discussion a national one rather than appealing to regional factions,
If we don't do this right, we will all lose something rather than gain.
To suggest Harper is secure in government is not correct either, the is Canada
and what looks fine politically on Tuesday has nothing to do with a week from
Friday. Remember Mulcair right now is ahead in the polls. Its a long way from
an election, but the seeds of discontent are being sewed.

Redmonton_Rebel

Electoral Member
May 13, 2012

I don't remember being asked.

Pollution is pollution, it's just that with the oil sands it's on a scale that is unprecedented with one project.

I understand that. But your claim was proven wrong.

You've yet to provide anything of any material nature to refute that, other than rhetoric and unsubstantiated anecdote.

If you're still making your ridiculous claims then I doubt you understand the issues.

While Saudi oil production is much higher than the oil sands it's from developed fields that require only a fraction of the maintainance of oil sands production. You're comparing apples to oranges.

What do I need to prove?

It requires a massive movement of tar sands just to get the raw materails to processing plants and huge amounts of water and power to create synthetic crude, something that isn't required with conventional oil production. It also creates massive amounts of toxic talings.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Pollution is pollution, it's just that with the oil sands it's on a scale that is unprecedented with one project.
What a load of crap. Where the **** do you greenie weenies come up with this ****?

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
There isn't one project.

If you're still making your ridiculous claims then I doubt you understand the issues.
Well there you go, you just confirmed you don't understand the issues, since I didn't make a claim, I posted evidence that simply disproved your claims.

While Saudi oil production is much higher than the oil sands it's from developed fields that require only a fraction of the maintainance of oil sands production. You're comparing apples to oranges.
No, I'm comparing your silly claims, with evidence that proves your claims to be wrong.

What do I need to prove?
There you go again, no ability to follow along.

It requires a massive movement of tar sands just to get the raw materails to processing plants and huge amounts of water and power to create synthetic crude, something that isn't required with conventional oil production. It also creates massive amounts of toxic talings.
That still doesn't change the fact that there are other petroleum engineering projects that are far bigger than the oil sands. As I've already proven.

You've done nothing but made claims.

LiesOfTheIntell

Time Out
Feb 19, 2012
London, Ontario
To those with cognitive disorder problems, if you can't accept the lessons provided by Econ 101 "demand drives up prices" and cannot accept Mulcair's assertion, how would you feel about a study that Mr. Harper asked Industry Canada to do?

“We show that between 33 and 39 per cent of the manufacturing employment loss that was due to exchange rate developments between 2002 and 2007 is related to the Dutch Disease phenomenon,” says the study.
Politics - The Globe and Mail

That is all.