Things that make Canada great

Lester

Council Member
Sep 28, 2007
Ardrossan, Alberta
What about us poor mongrels that have Grandparents from four nationalities?-Mine are Irish, English, Swede and German. and they all considered themselves Canadian as soon they moved here, they never mentioned the OLD country when I was growing up.

gopher

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2005
Minnesota: Gopher State
Canada's pro wrestlers are what make it great - sadly, one of Canada's true giants passed away:

'Rowdy' Roddy Piper Dies at 61 From Cardiac Arrest

Source: TMZ

Wrestling legend "Rowdy" Roddy Piper has died at the age of 61 ... TMZ Sports has learned.

Piper -- born Roderick George Toombs -- died from cardiac arrest in his sleep at his home in Hollywood on Thursday night. He was discovered on Friday.

Piper was a wrestling icon -- one of the biggest stars in the WWE back in the '80s, and even wrestled in "Wrestlemania I" back in 1985 ... squaring off against Hulk Hogan and Mr. T.

Read more: 'Rowdy' Roddy Piper -- Dies at 61 from Cardiac Arrest | TMZ.com

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003
so is it better to start a new thread when you have something to add instead of reviving a "necro" thread about the same thing?

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
Actually that was a Memorial to a dead wrestler. and even though I'm not a wrestling fan....It deserved it's own thread....
It probably wouldn't have got the mileage that reviving the necro did though;-)

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
so is it better to start a new thread when you have something to add instead of reviving a "necro" thread about the same thing?

Like with almost all things, less is often more.

I've never taken it as true "complaining" when people mention it's a necro thread. It's more of an amusement really. Honestly, some of the searching that has to go on just to find some old (often times very, very old thread) that fits the bill for what one wants to post....well, maybe in some cases it is okay just to start a new damn thread.

Anything done to an extreme can become an annoyance. If someone is constantly, and I do mean constantly (because everyone does it now and then) throwing up new threads for news articles that there are already threads on.....it clutters up the board. Similarly if they are are constantly dragging up old threads out of the archives just to comment on them, it can be a clutter problem too. (That's typically a newbie issue.)

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
He was a prairie boy born in Stoon and raised in Winnipeg. Wresting as we know it today was also a product of the prairie.

As a lad many a Tuesday evening was spent eating popcorn and sitting ringside watching Stampede Wrestling grow into WWF.

It was good fun except when my older brothers used me to play wrestle. I'm glad I out grew them quickly.

tay

Hall of Fame Member
May 20, 2012

Some people are able to follow the bouncing ball, others need a new thread........

gopher

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2005
Minnesota: Gopher State
kinda makes me wish I could be Canadian: