There Goes America

Walter

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 28, 2007
That's the difference, Walter. Some people can change. Some can't. They just sit in their mental caves and scream hate at the changing world about them.

I hope it makes you happy. I really do.
She hasn't changed, she's just another spineless pol.

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
That's the difference, Walter. Some people can change. Some can't. They just sit in their mental caves and scream hate at the changing world about them.

I hope it makes you happy. I really do.
Some people would call it flip flopping..........a trademark of the Clintons......all depends on the political wind direction......

Ludlow

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 7, 2014
wherever i sit down my ars
Some people would call it flip flopping..........a trademark of the Clintons......all depends on the political wind direction......
wind direction is tricky. Especially after a large plate of tostadas. One minute you're convinced you're downwind of the crowd, and then the wind shifts and everyone calls you stinky. :).

Walter

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 28, 2007
wind direction is tricky. Especially after a large plate of tostadas. One minute you're convinced you're downwind of the crowd, and then the wind shifts and everyone calls you stinky. :).
Farts are always funny. Sharts are only funny if you didn't do it.

Corduroy

Senate Member
Feb 9, 2011
Vancouver, BC
It's a wedge issue that politicians on the most unpopular side want to avoid. Obama lied about his position in 2004 likely because he didn't want to make it an election issue. If both candidates agree, then the Republicans, who seemingly had the advantage in making it an issue, couldn't use it. Everybody knew Obama was lying. It wasn't the truth that was the point. It was the concession.

In Canada the reverse has been true. The Conservatives will do nothing about the current state of marriage equality because they know their position is unpopular. They've given up because they aren't willing to lose an election over it.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
checking for evidence of claim

none found

resume ignoring
Oh don't be silly. Just because I don't waste the time proving every time I point out your hypocrisy, doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

Besides, you ignore it every time I do prove it. Most others don't, which is why so many call you on it, lol.

Ludlow

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 7, 2014
wherever i sit down my ars
Farts are always funny. Sharts are only funny if you didn't do it.
Yeah Walt but does the Conservative windbreaker emit a more pleasant fragrance than the liberal windbreaker? Me thinks not. It's who can best judge which way the wind blows that determines who hides their own stink from the voters.

tay

Hall of Fame Member
May 20, 2012

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
If we could take a break from our poor winner/poor loser jeering and whining. . .

The Supremes may have done the Republicans a huge favor with the Obamacare decision and the gay marriage decision.

In American politics, convincing the uncommitted isn't the be-all and end-all. Equally, and perhaps more, important is getting your base, the ones who agree with you and will never change, up off their La-Z-Boys to write a check and actually show up at their polling place (assuming they can find it).

Outrage does that real well.

Because of these decisions, the right will be thumping the drum. and there will be a good number of right-wingers getting out to the polls who would otherwise just stay home because the Republican candidate isn't hateful enough to motivate them.

EDITED TO ADD: Before the whiners start whining, the left is equally ignorant, stupid, lazy, and poorly-motivated. However, being generally better at the internet, they have less trouble finding out where their polling places are.

mentalfloss

Prickly Curmudgeon Smiter
Jun 28, 2010
I can see it now.

Republicans trying to sway the gay voter to their side.

It's the perfect stragedy!

Tecumseh got to the point before I did.

Well done.