Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
The internet today.....

Lol.

talloola

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 14, 2006
Vancouver Island
yes, just leave people alone, and don't interfere in their preference of partners, concentrate on

something else, and also don't let religion stick their narrow minded noses into the situation,

none of their business, they also should focus on other things that cause their 'own' to look like

twits.

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick
I'm sure had the vote been the other way around, the religious and conservative nitwits would have been praising the SCOTUS from every high hill about how they uphold the 'morality of 'Murica'.

Of course because it didn't go their way, we're gonna start hearing, if not already, about how the judges are corrupt and going against Gawd and what have you.

Far from establishing an order of peace, love and prosperity it will seed the weeds of violence, depravity and poverty.

This honestly made me laugh; obviously you don't know much about the US as it is today, right? Marriage between gays won't do this, it's already going on and has been for, well, a long, long time in the US.

Corduroy

Senate Member
Feb 9, 2011
Vancouver, BC
So the SCOTUS has declared the acceptance of homosexual 'marriage' the law of the land in the U.S. by a narrow 5 -4 ruling, with the support of swing vote Anthony Kennedy.

It's no big surprise. I think most opponents considered it inevitable given the trajectory of events over the last decade in the West.

That doesn't change its implications. It weaves into the Constitution a disassembling thread as a matter of law, which will, with other initiatives (abortion, euthenasia), undo the moral integrity of the founding document of American governance.

It will foment a major attack on religious liberty. Evil will not rest on 'well enough', it will not negotiate until it rules. This unleashes a raging beast and the repercussions will appear suddenly in the most unexpected of ways.

Far from establishing an order of peace, love and prosperity it will seed the weeds of violence, depravity and poverty.

There is a strand of insanity and rebellion that has become the propelling agent of Western Civilization. It is the wind that is being sewed and we will reap the whirlwind.

(btw more explicit thread titles related to the subject would be much easier to follow, bones.)

This is genuinely hilarious. I want to print it out and put it on my fridge.

What's the funniest, most ridiculous sentence here? I'm partial to the "moral integrity of the founding document of American governance" but it doesn't have the poetic insanity of "It is the wind that is being sewed and we will reap the whirlwind."

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com

"...he would rather burn himself to death than sanction same-sex marriage..."

A little dramatic, but I'm guessing the Churches with now use on religious grounds not to marry a same sex couple.

I doubt a Catholic Church, Jehovah Witness or Mormon Temples will he hosting Gay Marriages any time soon.

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
Okay, okay, everybody just calm down. It's only the end of civilization as we know it. Not that big of a deal.

When dogs and cats start living together, then you can panic......cuz that's just wrong.

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
The traditional marriage crowd must be vary insecure about their place in society
I see nothing wrong with people being happy its not my choice of lifestyle but it is
also none of my business if someone else wants to be different.
The anti gay lobby is really systematically driven by the ugly side of fundamentalist
religion

tay

Hall of Fame Member
May 20, 2012
"...he would rather burn himself to death than sanction same-sex marriage..."

A little dramatic, but I'm guessing the Churches with now use on religious grounds not to marry a same sex couple.

I doubt a Catholic Church, Jehovah Witness or Mormon Temples will he hosting Gay Marriages any time soon.

The issue was not pursued to allow Gays to get married in a 'religious institution' such as a Church but more for the legal recognition which allows them to the same privileges married hetros have such as survivor benefits from pensions, tax issues, etc,.

Yes we will hear of anecdotal a holes trying to fight with some religious institution to get married but my thinking on that is why bother fighting with them........