The town of Herouxville, Que., wants immigrants that fit in with its citizens

hermanntrude

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Jun 23, 2006
Newfoundland!
Comming from you of being small minded ha ha ha
i've seen your post the kettle calling the pot black, typically christian of you thank you:angel8:

in principle, marygaspe is right. It IS smallminded of someone to think that their part of the world is representative. I'm pretty sure, though, that in places like canada and the UK church attendance is on the decline. certainly in all the places i have lived (more likely to be representative than one place, but still not necessarily true) churches have been derelict unused or underused. even in sacre coeur in paris the congregation during a service was miniscule. It's quite likely that attendance is going up overall though, as the world is a big place with a lot of people who seek comfort in religion

ottawabill

Electoral Member
May 27, 2005
Eastern Ontario
It certanly depends where you live!! My Anglican church in a Rural village of 1000 souls in Eastern Ontario has been growing and is one of the healthiest in Ontario for percentage population and growth. Lots of kids, lots of young adults, it's good to see.

Therefore the decline is not overall. The message of God is relavent and clear, but somethimes the messenger must change their ways to get this clear message out.

ottawabill

Electoral Member
May 27, 2005
Eastern Ontario
CERTAINLY MOST OF THESE POSTS GET OFF TRACK AND TAKE MINDS OF THEIR OWN, The orginal track of this post really had not much to do with the Catholic religon, more about a group of people suggesting that they want no interference with their way of life. The only thing the Church has to do with it is the fact that most of these small town Quebecers had water sprinkled on their heads when they were born and show up maybe once or twice a year to a Christmas and Easter mass...and funeral..R.C. ways are more traditional in Quebec rather than a practice.

Just the Facts

House Member
Oct 15, 2004
SW Ontario
And you're right about the new guidelines for entrance into Holy Orders. Having a homosexual inclination will automatically stop the process towards ordination. This was a decision by the Vatican a few years ago put into force by Pope John Paul 2nd.

Aren't priests supposed to be celibate anyway? What is the big difference between a celibate homosexual and a celibate heterosexual?