The Problem With Dubya

Ocean Breeze

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 5, 2005
LOL........what a hoot!

and who says that Americans and Canadians don't communicate well???? (hand signals and all :wink:

Ocean Breeze

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 5, 2005
http://www.uruknet.info/?s1=1&p=12434&s2=10

Polls show that Americans feel the war has not made the US safer.

( what was their first clue?? :idea:

Not once (except in the article posted here) has any American said....."they " might seek revenge for what we have done.

.......yet this has been a blatant possibility from the onset.

Have heard many say: "All the US has done is created a few million more potential terrorists.".......because the US does not comprehend the Muslim world and its ideology,culture, its value system or history. and the fact that they have long memories that go back much longer than the US has existed.

mrmom2

Senate Member
Mar 8, 2005
Kamloops BC
Hey ITN you want to see something scary go look at my post in Dictatorship rules United States have you seen anything like that? 8O

moghrabi

House Member
May 25, 2004
Canada
They are scary. People are not going to spend a lot of time and money on these images if they weren't true, I guess. He is a beast.

unclepercy

Electoral Member
Jun 4, 2005
Baja Canada
Re: RE: The Problem With Dubya

moghrabi said:
I've done the same. Also same results - they disappear.

Really, they disappear? I'm here. I see that you all backed off when I told you I had cancer. And, BTW, don't you think it is a little dangerous to post my degrees online? They do have my name on them, ya' know. If I blocked out my name, everyone would say it was some one else's. There is no winning this argument. I have already been the victim of identity theft, and I certainly don't want to go through that again.

Uncle
Pain is a way of life

moghrabi

House Member
May 25, 2004
Canada
Re: RE: The Problem With Dubya

unclepercy said:
moghrabi said:
I've done the same. Also same results - they disappear.

Really, they disappear? I'm here. I see that you all backed off when I told you I had cancer. And, BTW, don't you think it is a little dangerous to post my degrees online? They do have my name on them, ya' know. If I blocked out my name, everyone would say it was some one else's. There is no winning this argument. I have already been the victim of identity theft, and I certainly don't want to go through that again.

Uncle
Pain is a way of life

Why would I run if you said you had cancer. You talk like a little child with not much to say. Enough American BS.

Ocean Breeze

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 5, 2005
http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/opinion/224055_iraqbases.html

the main problem with "Dubya" is that he is a lier , a con , a manipulator and sends conflicting "messages" to the US and the world at large.

He says one thing......and DOES the opposite.

excerpt from article:

A year ago, President Bush boldly said: "Iraqis do not support an indefinite occupation and neither does America." Yet Congress is posed to finalize the president's $82 billion request for the Iraq war that includes a half-billion dollars for permanent military bases and another half-billion for building the world's largest embassy. Despite the president's assurances, the United States is preparing for a lengthy stay in Iraq.

Open-ended deployment in Iraq is bad news for the brave soldiers fighting the war and their families at home. And adding permanent facilities will actually decrease their security as they present a powerful recruiting tool for insurgent groups.

As the U.S. presence has escalated, so too has insurgent recruitment.

In November 2003, there were an estimated 5,000 insurgents. Today there are an estimated 18,000 insurgents and Iraqi officials estimate up to 200,000 additional supporters. The overwhelming common element between the 43 insurgent groups is resentment about the U.S. military presence.

Without context, spending a billion dollars on new facilities seems rather insignificant given that the United States has spent more than $200 billion on the Iraq war so far. But the extent of the U.S. occupation in Iraq is often overlooked. Currently, the United States operates out of about 50 locations including 14 "enduring bases" in Iraq.

That's a huge presence in a country the size of California.

Adding new and larger facilities will serve as a daily reminder that Iraq is under a foreign military occupation.

the fact that the US has no plans to "leave "Iraq is a no brainer. This was obvious from the onset. Now , with this degree of "permanance" being established..... one has to wonder, if Iraqis had any say in this at all. Would bet not. The US (g) just presumed and went ahead with their usual sense of "entitlement "

this negates anything bush has to say about "freedom" and "democracy " in Iraq. The Iraqis will NOT be free of the US presence.........for an indefinate period of time. (unless something really drastic happens)

everything else is just window dressing. (smoke and mirrors)

Laika

Electoral Member
Apr 22, 2005
Where The Wild Things Are
RE: The Problem With Duby

I don't know what my IQ is, but if I had to guess I would say around 110ish? Is that about average? However, with my vastly inferior intellect, I was able to deduce before reading to the end of the original posted article that it was not written by the person who posted it.

Which is not relevant to this discussion, but just goes to show that intelligence isn't everything! :lol: