The Power of Positive Thinking to Reverse Aging!

VanIsle

Always thinking
Nov 12, 2008
C.B. Did you ever read books by Sylvia Brown (the psychic)? Lot of stuff there to mull over. NOt sure just how valid all of it is, but she sure has the answers. She has already lived through over 60 incarnations and from what I could gather she figures she's on her last. I'm just wondering if the stupider you are the more you have to look forward to. I must be good for at least another 60. :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
JLM - we have talked about Sylvia Browne before. She is as phoney as all the rest. She has all the answers all right. She's a great actor. She just changes "her lines" every few years.
I believe there is more than just dying and dust to dust etc. You cannot just be with a dying person who is yelling at their mother that they will soon be there and watch them die right then and not believe there is something. I know I've told you this story before but again, as I said before, that man sat upright in his bed with the strength of a lion and yelled something at what to me looked like a bare wall. Then he fell backwards on his bed only to rise up one more time and yell the same thing again. I didn't know what he was saying as he was Albanian. Another Albanian woman in the room told me that he was telling his mother he would be there soon. He rose up a second time with the same strength, yelled the same words and died! I talked with our minister (right there in Vernon) and he said there just has to be something. He said he had been with so many dying people and what I witnessed was not un-common. I've never been in a room with a dying person before or since. I know enough about the S. Browne's of this world to know she is phony! I don't believe that anyone can talk to dead people.

Tonington

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 27, 2006
You can't will your body to continue to overturn cells and proteins. You can't control telomerase activity with your mind...

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
JLM - we have talked about Sylvia Browne before. She is as phoney as all the rest. She has all the answers all right. She's a great actor. She just changes "her lines" every few years.
I believe there is more than just dying and dust to dust etc. You cannot just be with a dying person who is yelling at their mother that they will soon be there and watch them die right then and not believe there is something. I know I've told you this story before but again, as I said before, that man sat upright in his bed with the strength of a lion and yelled something at what to me looked like a bare wall. Then he fell backwards on his bed only to rise up one more time and yell the same thing again. I didn't know what he was saying as he was Albanian. Another Albanian woman in the room told me that he was telling his mother he would be there soon. He rose up a second time with the same strength, yelled the same words and died! I talked with our minister (right there in Vernon) and he said there just has to be something. He said he had been with so many dying people and what I witnessed was not un-common. I've never been in a room with a dying person before or since. I know enough about the S. Browne's of this world to know she is phony! I don't believe that anyone can talk to dead people.

Vanisle, there is a book about this. I believe its called Final Moments. Yes, this is quite common. The book was written to help prepare next of kin for what to expect during their loved ones final hours. It doesn't proclaim it to be proof of the afterlife, nor does it claim it isn't, but it could be the natural shutting down of the brain and body. Literally life flashing in front of one's eyes.

VanIsle

Always thinking
Nov 12, 2008
Vanisle, there is a book about this. I believe its called Final Moments. Yes, this is quite common. The book was written to help prepare next of kin for what to expect during their loved ones final hours. It doesn't proclaim it to be proof of the afterlife, nor does it claim it isn't, but it could be the natural shutting down of the brain and body. Literally life flashing in front of one's eyes.
I agree that it could be that. Really there are so many things it could be. You really had to have been there. I have never seen anything like that in my life and I have to tell you - it's on the spooky side! He was a Muslim and he sure wasn't calling for Allah!

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
Talking about "life after death" makes a lot of people very uncomfortable, but I've never figured out why. To me, it's all very fascinating in spite of the fact that we don't have scientific proof of any of it.

My opinion is that there must be more to it than just being a piece of meat that's here for a few years, and then planted to rot. Or get burned up. That seems to be a rather shallow version of it all, but maybe we're just not meant to know all these things. I figure that could be why it's a mystery to us - what's wrong with a little mystery? Keeps life (as we think we know it) more interesting.
I have spent an number of years with native shaman and healers. I witnessed stuff that is considered outside the realm of possibility in our culture and science. I spent time with one of the most respected spiritual elders of the Cree people. I know from personal experience that, although our body may rot in the end, part of us continues in the web of life, in the circle of the Mother.

The elders refer to the Earth as the Mother because she is the source of all life living on this planet. She is a living entity without whose energy there would be no living things on this rock.

But our perception of reality is based on our beliefs about it, so those who hold to the rock of their beliefs will limit their perception and miss out on experiencing a much greater vision of reality. Dying is not the end of the journey, it is just another portal to another leg of it.

talloola

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 14, 2006
Vancouver Island
I have spent an number of years with native shaman and healers. I witnessed stuff that is considered outside the realm of possibility in our culture and science. I spent time with one of the most respected spiritual elders of the Cree people. I know from personal experience that, although our body may rot in the end, part of us continues in the web of life, in the circle of the Mother.

The elders refer to the Earth as the Mother because she is the source of all life living on this planet. She is a living entity without whose energy there would be no living things on this rock.

But our perception of reality is based on our beliefs about it, so those who hold to the rock of their beliefs will limit their perception and miss out on experiencing a much greater vision of reality. Dying is not the end of the journey, it is just another portal to another leg of it.

yes, the earth is everything to us, she gave us life. I
don't have any beliefs beyond our life and death on this
earth, and take great comfort in knowing she will hold
me close for eternity after I die, I don't need any other
voo doo, or outer limits, or angelic beliefs, not for me.

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
yes, the earth is everything to us, she gave us life. I
don't have any beliefs beyond our life and death on this
earth, and take great comfort in knowing she will hold
me close for eternity after I die, I don't need any other
voo doo, or outer limits, or angelic beliefs, not for me.
There is nothing wrong with your vision. That is not what I am saying. All I am saying is, this is what I have experienced. This is what I believe. There is no judgment in that.

talloola

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 14, 2006
Vancouver Island
There is nothing wrong with your vision. That is not what I am saying. All I am saying is, this is what I have experienced. This is what I believe. There is no judgment in that.

that's right, not judging at all, just saying what I know
for myself.
I have great respect for the first nations connection to the earth.

countryboy

Traditionally Progressive
Nov 30, 2009
BC
Well, here's a thank you note, in advance.

Talloola - Yikes! Don't hurry...take LOTS of time - many years - to worry about that! I was just responding with a tongue-in-cheek R.I.P. to your post about being comfortable with mother earth (much) later on...:-(

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.

That is what makes sense to me, Cliff. This single existance just doesn't make sense to me. Most of us work at improving ourselves all our life, for what? There's answers out there and I don't think we stop until we've got them. VanIsle was saying Sylvia Browne is a phony, she could well be- there's a lot that are but I'm sure not all of them are. The wife and I sometimes watch a program where these psychics help solve murders, and these are real stories and the results speak for themelves. Not sure if there is any connection between them and the hereafter.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
I used to think the same from seeing her on T.V. but then I read some books my daughter in law had and I changed my mind a bit. She's got a lot of details that I don't think a phony would go to such depths for. Can't remember the names of the books as it was several years ago that I read them. I don't think she necessarily has everything right, but some of it she just might.

countryboy

Nov 30, 2009
BC

I don't spend a lot of time on all this stuff, but it sounds like the Cree believe in similar things to many Asian cultures. I'm not referring to any specific religion or country, as many of these beliefs go beyond borders and races.

I've had quite a few conversations with Japanese folks who are fascinated by our native people's spirituality and would love to know more about them. I was in no position to answer any of the questions as I don't have much experience or knowledge on those things. However, it seems that if there were ways to share this information in an acceptable way, it would likely motivate a fair number of foreigners to come and learn about native spirituality.

talloola

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 14, 2006
Vancouver Island
Talloola - Yikes! Don't hurry...take LOTS of time - many years - to worry about that! I was just responding with a tongue-in-cheek R.I.P. to your post about being comfortable with mother earth (much) later on...:-(

OK, thanks, thought you were hurrying me along, I'm planning
a very long life, I'm considered old on paper I guess, but
if you knew me, and saw me, you would realize that I'm just
getting started, I've got lots to do and a long way to go,
the days just aren't long enough.

countryboy

Nov 30, 2009
BC
I used to think the same from seeing her on T.V. but then I read some books my daughter in law had and I changed my mind a bit. She's got a lot of details that I don't think a phony would go to such depths for. Can't remember the names of the books as it was several years ago that I read them. I don't think she necessarily has everything right, but some of it she just might.

I agree with you - and she's not alone in her experiences. I know folks over in Asia who have gone to hypnotists to gain some insight into their past lives. Most of us would think it's all a bunch of crap but these folks don't have a problem with reincarnation in the first place...it's part of their spiritual beliefs. Who's to say they're wrong? And the ones I know who did find out about their past lives had some interesting stories to tell.

Do I believe it's all true? Sure, why not? I figure they'be been at this a lot longer than we have - our knowledge is limited to what we can "prove" with our modern scientific methods. The thing is, we don't have all the answers but more important, how would we even know where (or how) to look for them?

countryboy

Nov 30, 2009
BC
OK, thanks, thought you were hurrying me along, I'm planning
a very long life, I'm considered old on paper I guess, but
if you knew me, and saw me, you would realize that I'm just
getting started, I've got lots to do and a long way to go,
the days just aren't long enough.

Good for you! I'm much the same way...can't understand why everyone I know is getting older while I continue to get younger! :cool:

Some people age faster than others, in many ways, and sometimes the only difference I can see in them is their attitude. Could it be the power of positive thinking can slow down the aging process? (Or least make it more fun?)...I think so!

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
I agree with you - and she's not alone in her experiences. I know folks over in Asia who have gone to hypnotists to gain some insight into their past lives. Most of us would think it's all a bunch of crap but these folks don't have a problem with reincarnation in the first place...it's part of their spiritual beliefs. Who's to say they're wrong? And the ones I know who did find out about their past lives had some interesting stories to tell.

Do I believe it's all true? Sure, why not? I figure they'be been at this a lot longer than we have - our knowledge is limited to what we can "prove" with our modern scientific methods. The thing is, we don't have all the answers but more important, how would we even know where (or how) to look for them?

There is just one problem, can't remember who it was but someone pointed out if there aren't statistics to go with the hypothesis, then they aren't true. :lol::lol:

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Good for you! I'm much the same way...can't understand why everyone I know is getting older while I continue to get younger! :cool:

Some people age faster than others, in many ways, and sometimes the only difference I can see in them is their attitude. Could it be the power of positive thinking can slow down the aging process? (Or least make it more fun?)...I think so!

If you can make the time walk 5 miles a day, it makes a huge difference. My family doctor when I lived in Grand Forks told me it will add 10 years to my life.