The poor should smoke and drink less -work harder .....

Bar Sinister

Executive Branch Member
Jan 17, 2010
Edmonton
FIFY.

Hmmm, I've noticed your ability to comprehend has been impeded in the recent past.

A head injury perhaps?

You say, as you reply to it.

No, it's an expression used to describe 1. dismay 2. disbelief 3. surprise 4. joy.

Here, let me use it in a different manner and see if you get it...

"Oh snap! SLM was giving the moron props, and he was to stupid to understand."

What?" Hell must have frozen over if a member who is as short on manners as you are is giving advice. Crawl back into your cave.. It's hibernation time. Not that your brain ever comes out of hibernation.

well golly gee whiz.....I haven't taught english nor have I marked diploma exam essays, but I had no problem understanding what SLM had posted. In fact, I gave her a thumbs up for her witty post.

Considering some of your confused posts, you have probably become a master at deciphering gibberish. BTW it's English.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
Sorry about that. But I really did not have the slightest idea what you were talking about. And reading your post again; I still don't. BTW I taught English and marked Diploma Exam essays. There really is nothing wrong with my command of the English language. My advice to my students was to always proofread what they wrote; because if it did not make any sense to them it certainly wouldn't make and sense to anyone else.

Your fragile ego is not only funny, but oh so predictable.

What?" Hell must have frozen over if a member who is as short on manners as you are is giving advice.
No, hell hasn't frozen over, your comprehension issues have just raised their ugly head again.

Crawl back into your cave.. It's hibernation time. Not that your brain ever comes out of hibernation.
It thaws out enough to just say sorry when I err.

You should try that some time.

tay

Hall of Fame Member
May 20, 2012
Well I guess she's liking her new found fame. Seems between donuts she has more to say about the peons.................

The world’s richest woman has equated Australia’s minimum wage to “class warfare,” following her controversial article last week where she called poor workers coddled, lazy drunks. Australian billionaire Gina Rinehart, who inherited her $30 billion fortune and mining empire, pointed to workers who make less than $2 as a model for economic competitiveness in mining:

Australia Prime Minister Julia Gillard responded harshly to Rinehart. “It’s not the Australian way to toss people $2, to toss them a gold coin, and then ask them to work for a day,” Gillard said. “We support proper Australian wages and decent working conditions.”

Rinehart’s flawed logic draws on a popular myth among U.S. conservatives, that increasing the minimum wage would impact job and economic growth. But a significant body of research shows that higher minimum wages have no effect on employment levels.

World's Richest Woman Suggests Workers Should Make $2 Per Day | ThinkProgress

MapleDog

Time Out
Jun 1, 2012
St Calixte Quebec Canada
Well I guess she's liking her new found fame. Seems between donuts she has more to say about the peons.................

The world’s richest woman has equated Australia’s minimum wage to “class warfare,” following her controversial article last week where she called poor workers coddled, lazy drunks. Australian billionaire Gina Rinehart, who inherited her $30 billion fortune and mining empire, pointed to workers who make less than $2 as a model for economic competitiveness in mining:

Australia Prime Minister Julia Gillard responded harshly to Rinehart. “It’s not the Australian way to toss people $2, to toss them a gold coin, and then ask them to work for a day,” Gillard said. “We support proper Australian wages and decent working conditions.”

Rinehart’s flawed logic draws on a popular myth among U.S. conservatives, that increasing the minimum wage would impact job and economic growth. But a significant body of research shows that higher minimum wages have no effect on employment levels.

World's Richest Woman Suggests Workers Should Make $2 Per Day | ThinkProgress
Another proof that some became ultra rich by "enslaving" the workers.

L Gilbert

Winterized
Nov 30, 2006
50 acres in Kootenays BC
the-brights.net
FIFY.

Hmmm, I've noticed your ability to comprehend has been impeded in the recent past.

A head injury perhaps?

You say, as you reply to it.

No, it's an expression used to describe 1. dismay 2. disbelief 3. surprise 4. joy.

Here, let me use it in a different manner and see if you get it...

"Oh snap! SLM was giving the moron props, and he was to stupid to understand."

Oh my goodness, you are too funny! Are you truly that out of touch? I only ask because this would not be the first thing I've ever had to explain to you.

Here, Bear sums it up nicely.

In other words, Bar Sinister, I was agreeing with your expressed sentiments and making a retort out of it not to you.

Having someone agree with what you said, then taking really lame but cheap shots because you don't get that they agree with what you said, classy.
Forrest Gump - "Stupid is as stupid does" (Not mentioning names). ;)

There really is nothing wrong with my command of the English language. My advice to my students was to always proofread what they wrote; because if it did not make any sense to them it certainly wouldn't make and sense to anyone else.
ooooooo k