The poor should smoke and drink less -work harder .....

Liberalman

Senate Member
Mar 18, 2007
Toronto
Re: World's richest woman says poor should work harder

She is right to a point the poor should work more and work their way up to a better life but she has to tell her rich friends that they have to pay their employees more and also pay them bonuses like they pay the upper management.

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com

Look, I should not have attacked her looks..

I think everyone is beautiful when they are smiling..

Nevertheless, if this women truly believes what she is saying she is ugly... INSIDE, no heart or sole.

We all have a purpose on this planet, maybe some more significant than others.. however we all play an important role, rich, poor, black, white, Christian or Muslim.

However, my above point is if you put yourself out in the public eye, ridicule the general public.. do expect to get criticism about your impurities ...

MapleDog

Time Out
Jun 1, 2012
St Calixte Quebec Canada

She is right to a point the poor should work more and work their way up to a better life but she has to tell her rich friends that they have to pay their employees more and also pay them bonuses like they pay the upper management.

Lucien Bouchard kinda said the same,but working more doesn't mean the poor must break their backs 12 hours a day,so the ultra rich can have more money than they'll ever need for their entire life.

Liberalman

Senate Member
Mar 18, 2007
Toronto

Lucien Bouchard kinda said the same,but working more doesn't mean the poor must break their backs 12 hours a day,so the ultra rich can have more money than they'll ever need for their entire life.

12 hours a day brings in more money to create a better lifestyle and this will take a person to an ultra rich lifestyle.

MapleDog

Time Out
Jun 1, 2012
St Calixte Quebec Canada

12 hours a day brings in more money to create a better lifestyle and this will take a person to an ultra rich lifestyle.
Not if they get screwed with a lower minimum wage,plus if they also have to drive hours to get to and from work,they'll be too tired and unproductive,without adding they'll have no time for their families.

As we see in quebec part of the problem is caused by the unions.

And before you say i'm prejudiced against them,my mom did work for the government "during tax time" as a temp and she saw that the regular unionized employee were not working,they were talking in a corner of the room,all day yapping about this or that,while the temps did all the freaking work at minimum wage.

Liberalman

Senate Member
Mar 18, 2007
Toronto

Not if they get screwed with a lower minimum wage,plus if they also have to drive hours to get to and from work,they'll be too tired and unproductive,without adding they'll have no time for their families.

And before you say i'm prejudiced against them,my mom did work for the government "during tax time" as a temp and she saw that the regular unionized employee were not working,they were talking in a corner of the room,all day yapping about this or that,while the temps did all the freaking work at minimum wage.

You still don't get it you got to work to get ahead it is based on your performance and if all you can do is complain about other people not working then you don't last too long.

Eventually the people that do not do their work will be dealt with but really that is not your concern.

The poor can make their life better if they are willing to sacrifice or they will just stay where they are.

tay

Hall of Fame Member
May 20, 2012

Well if they had of been working instead of yapping, your mother would not have had even a Temp Job...............

You don't see the irony in someone who was born a million or billionaire telling the Proles to get their act together?

MapleDog

Time Out
Jun 1, 2012
St Calixte Quebec Canada

You don't see the irony in someone who was born a million or billionaire telling the Proles to get their act together?
Yeah its ironic and kinda insulting that someone who was born with a golden spoon in her mouth,would tell others what to do.

again someone should have told her to STFU.

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com

...or just pay more taxes as a single worker... the Canadian Government thanks you for your contributions ... :lol:

Right now I'm working a triple shift... covering folks who want the long weekend off. ;) God bless them... $650 for one days work..

Where is Petro..??

shadowshiv

Dark Overlord
May 29, 2007

Rinehart made her money the old-fashioned way:

She inherited it.

Her family iron ore prospecting fortune of $30.1 billion makes her Australia's wealthiest person and the richest woman on the planet.

[URL="http://www.latimes.com/business/money/la-fi-mo-richest-woman-20120830,0,3323996.story?track=rss"]http://www.latimes.com/business/money/la-fi-mo-richest-woman-20120830,0,3323996.story?track=rss[/URL]

Tay, there was already a thread about this topic, so I just merged your thread with the one already present.

gopher

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2005
Minnesota: Gopher State
Sell all you have and give it to the poor ....

it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God

Go to now, ye rich men, weep and howl for your miseries that shall come upon you.

Ironically, certain right wingers love theocratic government - if we had that here, the rich would get screwed by the very laws they claim to live by.

Bar Sinister

Executive Branch Member
Jan 17, 2010
Edmonton
Ha! That's an excellent retort! "Sure, we need to lower as much tax as possible on all business income, I completely agree. But to make up the shortfall in tax revenue, we'll need to tax the hell out of inheritances! You won't mind picking up a part time job to help make ends meet right?"

Snap!

Not quite sure I understand your semi-coherent post, so I won't reply to it. But I do have a question. Was the last word in your post a reference your your brain?

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
Ironically, certain left wingers love theocratic government - if we had that here, the rich would get screwed by the very laws they claim to live by.
FIFY.

Not quite sure I understand your semi-coherent post...
Hmmm, I've noticed your ability to comprehend has been impeded in the recent past.

A head injury perhaps?

... so I won't reply to it.
You say, as you reply to it.

But I do have a question. Was the last word in your post a reference your your brain?
No, it's an expression used to describe 1. dismay 2. disbelief 3. surprise 4. joy.

Here, let me use it in a different manner and see if you get it...

"Oh snap! SLM was giving the moron props, and he was to stupid to understand."

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
Not quite sure I understand your semi-coherent post, so I won't reply to it. But I do have a question. Was the last word in your post a reference your your brain?

Oh my goodness, you are too funny! Are you truly that out of touch? I only ask because this would not be the first thing I've ever had to explain to you.

Here, Bear sums it up nicely.

Here, let me use it in a different manner and see if you get it...

"Oh snap! SLM was giving the moron props, and he was to stupid to understand."

In other words, Bar Sinister, I was agreeing with your expressed sentiments and making a retort out of it not to you.

Having someone agree with what you said, then taking really lame but cheap shots because you don't get that they agree with what you said, classy.

Bar Sinister

Executive Branch Member
Jan 17, 2010
Edmonton
Oh my goodness, you are too funny! Are you truly that out of touch? I only ask because this would not be the first thing I've ever had to explain to you.

Here, Bear sums it up nicely.

In other words, Bar Sinister, I was agreeing with your expressed sentiments and making a retort out of it not to you.

Having someone agree with what you said, then taking really lame but cheap shots because you don't get that they agree with what you said, classy.

Sorry about that. But I really did not have the slightest idea what you were talking about. And reading your post again; I still don't. BTW I taught English and marked Diploma Exam essays. There really is nothing wrong with my command of the English language. My advice to my students was to always proofread what they wrote; because if it did not make any sense to them it certainly wouldn't make and sense to anyone else.

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
Sorry about that. But I really did not have the slightest idea what you were talking about. And reading your post again; I still don't. BTW I taught English and marked Diploma Exam essays. There really is nothing wrong with my command of the English language. My advice to my students was to always proofread what they wrote; because if it did not make any sense to them it certainly wouldn't make and sense to anyone else.

well golly gee whiz.....I haven't taught english nor have I marked diploma exam essays, but I had no problem understanding what SLM had posted. In fact, I gave her a thumbs up for her witty post.

china

Time Out
Jul 30, 2006
Ottawa ,Canada
What the hell is wrong with quiting smoking ,drinking and working harder to fuken make something of yourself .It doesn't matter who
said it an ugly billioner or miss universe . It's just a common sense . But ....., we all differ .