THE OFFICIAL KEVIN O'Leary for Prime Minister thread.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
because we allow them too.

Nope. He runs 2 offices. If Injuns can't come to the MP, the MP must go to the Injuns. Check the demographics of his riding. Injuns voted him in.

BTW, he has 5 kids and flying them around ain't cheap but it's still a justifiable expense.

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
BTW, he has 5 kids and flying them around ain't cheap but it's still a justifiable expense.

Of course it is...... It's not an expense any other work place pays for, but what the hell. It's only taxpayers money.

Know what's ironic? If he flies his kids around on the taxpayer dime.... what the fu ck is he doing whining about Trudeau and his holidays?

davesmom

Council Member
Oct 11, 2015
Southern Ontario
Who cares?

I think it's awfully unfair that a candidate can't become P.M. unless he/she speaks French. There are a lot of top jobs in government that you have to speak French to obtain. It is a shame that some intelligent individual who would make a positive contribution is lost because of this inane rule.
Since we HAVE to have official bilingualism even though most of Canada is English speaking, I don't see why an interpreter couldn't be used.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
I think it's awfully unfair that a candidate can't become P.M. unless he/she speaks French. There are a lot of top jobs in government that you have to speak French to obtain. It is a shame that some intelligent individual who would make a positive contribution is lost because of this inane rule.
Since we HAVE to have official bilingualism even though most of Canada is English speaking, I don't see why an interpreter couldn't be used.

That sh*t was supposedly settled on the Plains of Abraham back in 1759 when Wolfe defeated Montcalm..................why weren't they squelched then?

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004

There is no "law" that states that an MP can't become Prime Minister if he is uni-lingual.

That sh*t was supposedly settled on the Plains of Abraham back in 1759 when Wolfe defeated Montcalm..................why weren't they squelched then?

and what "shyte" would that be? I gather you really don't know your history and what the English gave to the French living in Lower Canada, even after they lost.

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
Olearys smile alone removes him from any consideration in my little book. He's pure sick, running sores and all, I'd kick his head in as soon as I got the chance. Her's a piece of shjt. He should be in a garden helping the frlowqwers.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
There is no "law" that states that an MP can't become Prime Minister if he is uni-lingual.

and what "shyte" would that be? I gather you really don't know your history and what the English gave to the French living in Lower Canada, even after they lost.

It's not a matter of knowing f**k all, it's a matter of sh*t happening that should never be allowed to happen. I would say the French should be allowed to remain, if they wanted to learn English, otherwise back on the boat bound for France. That would have been more than fair.

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
It's not a matter of knowing f**k all, it's a matter of sh*t happening that should never be allowed to happen. I would say the French should be allowed to remain, if they wanted to learn English, otherwise back on the boat bound for France. That would have been more than fair.

roflmfao....... ya, shut up Gerry... no need to point out the obvious.

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
bilingual goes both ways
non?
would the french vote for an english only candidate?
if it meant lower taxes, better services, and a better chance for their kids
betcha many would

Heck, the English voted for Chretien and he couldn't speak the language
lol, anything is possible

'At age 12, Chrétien suffered an attack of Bell’s palsy, which left one side of his face partially paralyzed. He would later remark that he was one politician who didn’t “speak out of both sides” of his mouth.
http://www.thecanadianencyclopedia.ca/en/article/joseph-jacques-jean-chretien/
it actually appears it may have worked in his favor instead of being a deficit

Last edited:

personal touch

House Member
Sep 17, 2014
alberta/B.C.
Kevin O'Leary is just doing the having fun in politics mode,and I hope he has fun flexing his business brand,
I think he is a reality star,and plan on watching what goes on with him on the political race,I hope the soapboxes are entertaining as we gather momentum
I am more interested in Mrs.Olearys fashion

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
He's accomplished far far more in his short life than you could ever dream to achieve. Does that make you an even bigger idiot or just lazy. Personally, I think it's a generous helping of both

What's he accomplished, that the taxpayer hasn't funded?